Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ramsbottom at home

+7
bulla
oldhillglassboy
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
Old Codger
glassboypaul
UlsterJim
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ramsbottom at home Empty Ramsbottom at home Sun Mar 08 2015, 22:19

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

A must win game, but hard to see us beating anyone at the moment.

Hope I am wrong!

http://www.nibadges.com

2Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:33

glassboypaul

Yes I will be there, and it is a must win game.

3Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Tue Mar 10 2015, 17:17

Old Codger

Think we can get something out of this tonight.
The current run can't go on much longer surely ?
So I say Stour to win 2-1

COYG !

4Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Tue Mar 10 2015, 22:11

Devil's Advocate

Another dispiriting evening down at Amblecote.

The easiest thing in the world would be to have a complete rant about the whole sad situation but in all honesty that would not really be fitting based on this one match.

Taken in isolation the game itself showed a team trying its guts out but at around zero in terms of confidence,poor decision making in possession,snatching at half chances,all the hallmarks of a side on a terrible run.

Ramsbottom were the sort of outfit we'd have put 5,6 or 7 past last season,they did very little other than score two cracking goals which were assisted by poor marking on our part.

A pitiful crowd if 230 stayed with the team and resisted the temptation to call for blood from the coaching staff,the whole evening was shrouded in the resigned gloom of what this season has become rather than a mob of people armed with pitchforks,it was all rather sad to be honest,a far cry for the last couple of seasons.

Be very aware though,Stour are not safe,another 4 or 5 matches like this and relegation will be looming large.

I feel sorry for young Josh,once again he was on the bench yet was the most lively on show when he did eventually come on,I fear we risk losing yet another young talent at the end of the season at this rate.

Other than working hard and keeping going and waiting for a change of luck I don't really know what else to say.

5Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Tue Mar 10 2015, 22:22

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Not a great deal can be added except oh dear,oh dear.
Is this the end of Gary at stour?
His face at the end spoke volumes.

6Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Tue Mar 10 2015, 22:28

Old Codger

Old Codger wrote:Think we can get something out of this tonight.
The current run can't go on much longer surely ?
So I say Stour to win 2-1

COYG !

And that's why I never back the horses !

I hate knocking a team that tries, and if we lost in a thriller there would at least be some consolation...... but that wasn't even entertaining apart from the first five minutes !
Nuff said really

7Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Tue Mar 10 2015, 23:22

oldhillglassboy

Another very frustrating and difficult night, a good start with Hales goal but the defending for the two goals was very poor (two good strikes), we had the lions share of position in the second half but it never looked like falling for us, The best chance fell to Ramsbottom which Coleman saved well. Benbow is a very pale shadow of what he can be at the moment.

At times tonight we where worse than saturday, another 7 weeks left and I can't see it getting better, after the return leg we have 5 fixtures you would expect a low points return from to say the least, relegation form most defintely, I don't think it will come to that but worrying times.

There's no lack of effort from the players just desperatley need something to go for them.

8Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Tue Mar 10 2015, 23:27

bulla

Well another loss we started bright but after we scored the flame went out .They throwed everyone at the ball when we got forward like the passion we used to play with but yu look at the players faces and they look unhappy it seems to me like there is no passion from the management to fire us up .Also Josh done more running and showed more passion in 20 mins than benbow done all game

9Ramsbottom at home Empty Ramsbottom at home Wed Mar 11 2015, 10:25

redpike

Having missed the last two home games not out of choice, I was looking forward to last night. The first 5 minutes promised better things but, as with the Trafford match, Ramsbottom came more and more into the game and it came as no surprise, sad to say, to see them win the game with 2 well-taken goals.

When confidence is low, players are reluctant to take chances, passes go astray, tackles aren't being won and the ball does not run our way. That sums up last night.

Although no one played badly, too many players had just average games, particularly Luke B. Nothing came off for him. The one bright spark was Chris Lait and his pace. I hope we stick with him. Having said that, what's happened to Dayle Kenny and, although sub last night, Aron Wint ? It does seem we've signed players without really thinking things through.

As with other NPL teams, apart from Witton at home, Ramsbottom were always full of running and looked dangerous, even though I can't remember Dean having much to do.

13 points from the last 48 or, more relevant, 3 from the last 24 is relegation form. Thank goodness for the first half of the season !

I know we all have our opinions as to where the fault lies, but I don't expect Gary to be sacked, bearing in mind that AP only became Chairman on the proviso that Gary was made a Director.

10Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Wed Mar 11 2015, 10:35

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

That's the problem, Gary SHOULD NOT be on the board if he is manager.
It's one or the other.

11Ramsbottom at home Empty Ramsbottom at home Wed Mar 11 2015, 11:18

redpike

But Gary IS a Director. If the Board of Directors is not satisfied with the performance of any Director, they can always pass a vote of no confidence. The honourable thing to do then would be for him to resign.

On the other hand, if the club's ordinary members wanted to remove a Director, then at least 25% of the members must sign a requisition for the calling of an EGM for that specific purpose. I can't see that happening !

12Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Wed Mar 11 2015, 11:28

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

So we are in agreement that if Gary continues to manage Stourbridge then he shouldn't be on the board?

13Ramsbottom at home Empty Ramsbottom at home Wed Mar 11 2015, 12:50

redpike

I don't think it makes much difference. In fact, with Gary being a Director makes him even more responsible for the football team in that he can fight his corner with his fellow Directors. The fact that players' expenses in the last set of accounts have shot up suggests he's doing a good job in speaking up for them !!!

It must be said the fact that we have signed so many players this season is an indication that Gary is receiving full support from the Board, even though a small loss for this financial year is being forecast.

14Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Wed Mar 11 2015, 13:31

brockmoor

brockmoor

The club needs to get rid of the management team.

This has been bubbling for the best part of 18 months in my eyes, we are now at the point where a decision has to be made for the club, not individuals.

Performances and results are very poor. We can talk all day long about the players having no confidence etc, it all stems from the management. We haven't played well for a long time, and this is down to bad management, be it on the training pitch or the players just not believing in what they are being told. This was the initial route of the problem and months down the line this is where we are at.

Were likely to need two wins from the last nine games to be sure of safety. Considering we lost to a team last night who were bottom of the form table with one point in eight games it doesn't bode well. Our remaining games look tough and I am not at all confident we can get over the line.

It was a ridiculous decision to put the manager on the board in the first place. The board & management can 'jazz it up' all they like, but it was an awful decision. The club may well decide to do what West Brom did last season with Pepe Mel, they made a wrong decision but decided to stick with it just to get over the line, well aware that any further upheaval could end up with bad consequences.

Whatever happens the fans need to show the support for the team till the end of the season to get us over the line.

But dear oh dear, whatever does happen now or at the end of the season, questions need to be asked to why we have managed to get in this predicament.

Nearly 50 registered players signed, with still months of the season remaining says it all. Changes galore each week, players out of position every week etc, is it any wonder we are where we are?

15Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Wed Mar 11 2015, 13:36

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

brockmoor wrote:The club needs to get rid of the management team.

This has been bubbling for the best part of 18 months in my eyes, we are now at the point where a decision has to be made for the club, not individuals.

Performances and results are very poor. We can talk all day long about the players having no confidence etc, it all stems from the management. We haven't played well for a long time, and this is down to bad management, be it on the training pitch or the players just not believing in what they are being told. This was the initial route of the problem and months down the line this is where we are at.

Were likely to need two wins from the last nine games to be sure of safety. Considering we lost to a team last night who were bottom of the form table with one point in eight games it doesn't bode well. Our remaining games look tough and I am not at all confident we can get over the line.

It was a ridiculous decision to put the manager on the board in the first place. The board & management can 'jazz it up' all they like, but it was an awful decision. The club may well decide to do what West Brom did last season with Pepe Mel, they made a wrong decision but decided to stick with it just to get over the line, well aware that any further upheaval could end up with bad consequences.

Whatever happens the fans need to show the support for the team till the end of the season to get us over the line.

But dear oh dear, whatever does happen now or at the end of the season, questions need to be asked to why we have managed to get in this predicament.

Nearly 50 registered players signed, with still months of the season remaining says it all. Changes galore each week, players out of position every week etc, is it any wonder we are where we are?

Spot on.

16Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Wed Mar 11 2015, 13:49

Devil's Advocate

brockmoor wrote:The club needs to get rid of the management team.

You've really hit the nail on the head with this post Brock as far as i'm concerned.

Everybody seems to be dancing around their handbag down at the club and for two reasons as i see it.

1/ Out of sentiment and respect of Gary.

2/ Because he's on the board.

In many people's eyes Gary being on the board has not been as issue,for me personally it always has been and i've said this to him face to face at an open meeting with other fan's who attended at the back end of 2014.

Whilst everything was "tickety boo" you can get away with this set up,as soon as the wheels start coming off the massive weakness of this arrangement becomes apparent,everything starts to look and feel a bit too "matey" to me and a good few other's.

The close friendship between Andy Poutney and the whole managerial and board membership has no doubt been a strength in the good times BUT it's a major weakness in the bad times,it's extremely hard to turn to mates and tell them it's time to go,would you want to do it folks because i certainly wouldn't,lifelong relationships could be put under great strain.

I've voiced my view to the board ( at that meeting ) that a specific fan's choice should be on that board of directors ,preferably in place of the manager,a fan who won't just toe the line,someone who isn't willing to go along with everything said and just whoop with delight at "the Kings new clothes",the board need's more outside balance in my opinion and i can think of some extremely good candidates i'd like to see on there.

My strongly held personal view is that Gary should resign from the board whilst he's our manager,i think that would show massive integrity on his part and allow other directors to discuss what they want to discuss without the possible person of discussion being sat amongst them.

IF Gary owned the club,had bought it,invested his own money etc,etc then of course he could do as he wished in this regard,i'd expect him to to protect his investment but in his present position there is no need for him to be a board member,simple as…..!

17Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Wed Mar 11 2015, 17:00

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows;

CHRIS LAIT 21
Brian Smikle 5
Will Richards 2
Dean Coleman 1
Chris Knight 1
Leon Broadhurst 1

Winner of the wine was HUGH CLARK

Thanks to everyone who took part.

18Ramsbottom at home Empty Re: Ramsbottom at home Wed Mar 11 2015, 19:22

Stourman1

It was again a performance lacking quality.
The team look void of ideas and Gary has done so much for the club but it's time to move on. He never said a word last night and looked a beaten man.
The board need to stop being loyal or the club will fade away.i thought lait was very good, direct and looked like if we where going to get bk into the game he would have created it.
They look ok, the big n0. 9 was a handful and the winger gave knighty a tough evening. I hope this week sees some sort of announcement

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum