Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matlock Town FC

+5
Old Codger
lyelad
samhistory
barnstoneworth
glassboypaul
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Matlock Town FC Empty Matlock Town FC Wed Jan 28 2015, 11:13

glassboypaul

Why is there a weary indifference about this fixture?

Is anyone going?

2Matlock Town FC Empty Re: Matlock Town FC Wed Jan 28 2015, 19:49

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

There's been a weary indifference about most fixtures over the last few weeks.
I'll be there if that's any consolation.

3Matlock Town FC Empty Re: Matlock Town FC Wed Jan 28 2015, 23:26

samhistory

samhistory

I'll be there, looking forward to the match as usual with eager anticipation.

4Matlock Town FC Empty re matlock town Thu Jan 29 2015, 16:38

lyelad

And me

5Matlock Town FC Empty Re: Matlock Town FC Fri Jan 30 2015, 20:06

Old Codger

glassboypaul wrote:Why is there a weary indifference about this fixture?

Is anyone going?

I will be there, assuming that the weather behaves !

Don't think there's an indifference to the match, though the Forum has been very quiet for the last couple of weeks.
Last weeks result should set the boys up for it tomorrow with a bit of luck.
Not heard or seen much of Mr. Kenny this last week, but I see we will be without Ex, Fitz and Will, not sure if Morris will be back ??
As I have said before we are starting out on a run of games against teams below us so this is a real opportunity to really climb the league !,
COYG !,

6Matlock Town FC Empty Re: Matlock Town FC Sat Jan 31 2015, 13:09

sirsmileriiii

Apart from the lack of access to the shed, I'm really looking forward to this game.  Especilly after last weeks performance.

I predict 2-0 to stour cheers

7Matlock Town FC Empty Re: Matlock Town FC Sat Jan 31 2015, 19:34

oldhillglassboy

Vital to back up last saturday, not the best game i've ever seen but 3 points is the most relevant statistic.

The first half played with the strong wind, was a dire 45 minutes of football (or lack of it!), thought we got away with one when it looked like a penalty to Matlock. Another early injury with Hales departing after half an hour!

The second half was much better, for the goal it was a needless foul to give away on the edge of the box just the sort of position for Canavan to produce another pearler I thought and he proceeded to do just that! great free kick, always felt we needed a second and we came close a couple of times, with a header cleared off the line.

Matlock offered little until the final moments when it took a great block from Coleman to deny them at close range, it was rather frantic in the last few minutes but we held on. The last two performances have not been perfect, better sides in the league would have beaten us but hopefully better things are around the corner.

8Matlock Town FC Empty Matlock Town FC Sat Jan 31 2015, 20:40

redpike

A welcome 3 points in a game of few chances, dominated by a strong wind which didn't allow much on-the-ground football. Having said that, I enjoyed the close game with Matlock always battling hard.

Drew's free kick was again worthy of being the match-winning goal and his overall play was classy.

A good all-round team performance with Leon, once again, setting the example with a captain's performance.

Our newcomers are settling in well, although Josh seems to be lacking in confidence at times. With an extended run in the team, Junior is much improved and is now a key team player.

With Will returning from suspension next week and Chris, Ex, Kieran and, hopefully, Louis not being far from fitness, the squad is now looking strong.

If we can carry on winning our home games and picking up points on our travels, the play-offs are still within reach.

Well done the lads !

9Matlock Town FC Empty Re: Matlock Town FC Sun Feb 01 2015, 09:56

Old Codger

Not a classy or pretty game but hey three points is three points !
Can't be easy playing in such a strong wind and one or two of our boys looked decided uncomfortable. Fortunately we were not playing against a top team which made things easier.
Drew's goal was the class moment of the day for me, and Deano held everything that Matlock were able to throw at him.
Leon led in his usual strong manner, did a decent job as a stand in centre half (that's me showing my age !) but I will be glad when Will & Ex are back.
Must agree with Redpike I too was impressed by Junior, my Man of the match. He seemed full of confidence and , is it my imagination or has he "bulked up". He looked a lot bigger and stronger than, say, at the start of the season.
Overall a good day at the office even if that bit of quality was lacking from both sides. A win is a win !

10Matlock Town FC Empty Re: Matlock Town FC Mon Feb 02 2015, 12:41

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows;

DREW CANAVAN 16 votes
Brian Smikle 7
Leon Broadhurst 7
Tyrone Williams 2
Luke Connolly 1
Josh Morgan-Parker 1

Winner of the wine was PAUL HIGGINSON

Thanks to all who took part.

Sponsored content