Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grantham Town

+11
Aled
brockmoor
StAlbansGTFC
dave w
Nath
Tricky Tree
Brian Handy
Baggiestour
oldhillglassboy
Old Codger
redpike
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Tue Jan 20 2015, 11:32

Aled

Thanks for the stunning data. I have no idea what Granthams attendances have been over the past decade, for I care not for such folly.

Question is, what's your average attendance been over the past 5 years or so, and what's ours? You seem to have omitted these statistics.

Suffice to say, including data from the years we seriously struggled proves what? People don't turn out in big numbers for a team in the bottom 2?

Massive who cares x

27Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Tue Jan 20 2015, 11:34

Aled

You've mentioned two gates in double figures over about 10 years. How is that 'often dipping into double figures'?

28Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Tue Jan 20 2015, 11:45

StAlbansGTFC

Dear me you're a sensitive bunch (and pedantic).

Read my original post and you'll see it was fairly neutral in it's opinion. It merely pointed out that things change quickly in football and you are currently going through a period of relative success. Fans always have the blinkers on and do tend to canonize the past. I just answered the comment re you not having had poor attendances, I didn't say anything about ours or make some random boasts. The fact is for years you had some poor crowds at home. We've had an awful time with crowds and in terms of percentage of population probably sit bottom of the league table...there are many factors and it's played a roll in our budget cut (just to go back to that, we had a midfielder playing right back, a young lad at left back, a right back at centre half and a left footed player on the right side of midfield on Saturday.) As we search for reasons why it's good to be reminded, which is all I was doing, that things can change quickly. On top of that Stourbridge has a population in the region of 55,000 compared to around 40,000 at Grantham.

Anyway, I'll leave it there because if you want to start a 'who has the biggest crowds?' argument it's going to smack of two bald men fighting over a comb.

29Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Tue Jan 20 2015, 11:51

brockmoor

brockmoor

StAlbansGTFC wrote:Dear me you're a sensitive bunch (and pedantic).

Read my original post and you'll see it was fairly neutral in it's opinion. It merely pointed out that things change quickly in football and you are currently going through a period of relative success. Fans always have the blinkers on and do tend to canonize the past. I just answered the comment re you not having had poor attendances, I didn't say anything about ours or make some random boasts. The fact is for years you had some poor crowds at home. We've had an awful time with crowds and in terms of percentage of population probably sit bottom of the league table...there are many factors and it's played a roll in our budget cut (just to go back to that, we had a midfielder playing right back, a young lad at left back, a right back at centre half and a left footed player on the right side of midfield on Saturday.) As we search for reasons why it's good to be reminded, which is all I was doing, that things can change quickly. On top of that Stourbridge has a population in the region of 55,000 compared to around 40,000 at Grantham.

Anyway, I'll leave it there because if you want to start a 'who has the biggest crowds?' argument it's going to smack of two bald men fighting over a comb.

You want to be thankful you only had four players out of position Saturday. Rolling Eyes

We're just waiting for our managerial staff to try our GK at centre forward, then every player will have covered in every position. Laughing

30Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Tue Jan 20 2015, 13:07

Aled

Not sensitive of pedantic thanks mate, just loathe bullcrap!

You weren't boasting you say, did you re read your previous post lol?

31Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:34

Jack

Jack
Admin

Cut the guy some slack. Yes some figures may have been wrong but we all got his point!

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

32Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Tue Jan 20 2015, 16:04

Aled

No. He can go and play up his own end.

33Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Wed Jan 21 2015, 18:22

sirsmileriiii

glassboypaul wrote:What would it take for him to come back?

I vote we start a "bring back DA" campaign, along with a "bring back Beast", "bring back Simon" and "bring back Nath" campaign.

Who is with me?

We need to bring back these loyal servants to the club. Without them, where will it all end?

Beast is already back, you must surely have noticed the scruffy drunk in the ground. As for simon, you've got no chance of him returning unless either someone pays for his season ticket or he wins the lottery. Not sure about Nath, but I noticed that you missed both "Martin" & "TCP" from that list. Wink

34Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Wed Jan 21 2015, 19:14

Jack

Jack
Admin

Apart from for comical reasons, quite why anyone would want TCP back is beyond me.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

35Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Fri Jan 23 2015, 10:27

glassboypaul

sirsmileriiii wrote:
glassboypaul wrote:What would it take for him to come back?

I vote we start a "bring back DA" campaign, along with a "bring back Beast", "bring back Simon" and "bring back Nath" campaign.

Who is with me?

We need to bring back these loyal servants to the club. Without them, where will it all end?

Beast is already back, you must surely have noticed the scruffy drunk in the ground.  As for simon, you've got no chance of him returning unless either someone pays for his season ticket or he wins the lottery.  Not sure about Nath, but I noticed that you missed both "Martin" & "TCP" from that list. Wink

I hadn't noticed beast. Welcome back beast. The campaign worked!

Is Simon in debt to the club? I thought DA volunteered to sort this? Maybe now he has "packed it in" he won't be continuing to help in this way?

I don't think Martin will ever be back after what happened at the Hucknall game.

The TCP song is just about the only song the guys behind the goal sing these days :/

Where have all the Llama mob gone? Given up?

36Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Sat Jan 24 2015, 08:51

sirsmileriiii

Jack wrote:Apart from for comical reasons,  quite why anyone would want TCP back is beyond me.

We all miss his bag Laughing

37Grantham Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham Town Sat Jan 24 2015, 10:05

samhistory

samhistory

Cheer up everyone, ITV have got rid of Adrian Chiles

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum