Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whitby-Away

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Whitby-Away Empty Whitby-Away Sat Dec 20 2014, 08:08

Jack

Jack
Admin

Big game this one. Feel we really need to build some momentum over the Christmas period with three winnable games. Can't wait for this one later! Hope to see Luke get a start I think he's ready now and hopefully 3 points.

COYGB

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

2Whitby-Away Empty Re: Whitby-Away Sat Dec 20 2014, 19:18

stoursi

Think a draw would have been a fair result but they created more clear cut chances.

Pity for Will as he had a good game overall just gave the ball away for a great strike.

We failed to control games as we can for basically two reasons. Josh is neither strong enough to hold the ball in this league and our final ball was poor q today.

One thing I find strange is why does Gary always bring Bowerman off first as he is .Ģý

3Whitby-Away Empty Re: Whitby-Away Sat Dec 20 2014, 22:06

Jack

Jack
Admin

Apologies in advance if this post isn't negative enough. Rolling Eyes

Really didn't think we deserved to lose today, I don't think we did enough to win it either. A draw would have been a fair result really and to lose it with the last kick of the ball was gutting.

Will was excellent for 90+2 minutes, it's a shame the goal came from him giving the ball away. He really excels in that position. I also thought Josh grew as the game went on. However, HE CANNOT AND WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE A LONE STRIKER. 1) He ain't big enough 2) Today he went on a great run, turned his defender inside out, and then when he began to tire, there wasn't an option. Would really like to see him and Luke given a game together. The latter looked bright, but you could tell he was sluggish.

Thankfully, results were kind to us on the whole, however we've got to start converting these tight games into wins asap.

coygb.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

4Whitby-Away Empty Re: Whitby-Away Sat Dec 20 2014, 22:49

stoursi

Jack haven't you just said why Josh shouldn't be played up front as a lone striker so why can't the management see that. Would have given Luke longing. Personally would like to see Luke and George play together in next two games.

Also cant see any negativity on this thread.

5Whitby-Away Empty Re: Whitby-Away Mon Dec 22 2014, 17:02

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was;

CHRIS KNIGHT 9 votes
Brian Smikle 4 votes
Will Richards 1 vote

DEREK won the wine.

Thanks to everyone who took part.

Happy Christmas and a Peaceful & Joyful New Year to all Glassboy Supporters, Players, Management & Officials. Have a good Festive.

6Whitby-Away Empty Re: Whitby-Away Wed Dec 24 2014, 13:25

glassboypaul

Yes it was Will's mistake but I don't blame him, nor the rest of the team; 99.9% of the time giving away possession in that position doesn't get punished but occasionally a wonder strike occurs.

Good day out and I enjoyed it behind the goal, there was some great banter between the guys behind the goal (especially the Irish chap); I shall be in the Shed rather than along the side on Boxing Day now and may introduce myself to some of the people on here such as DA who I know who they are but not the other way around; would be nice to meet them.

Also I can apologise to DA for any offence caused to fans from any of my prior posts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum