Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

kings Lynn

+8
Lynnfan
Dave the Glassboy
PhilC
Devil's Advocate
Brian Handy
redpike
Old Codger
oldhillglassboy
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1kings Lynn Empty kings Lynn Sat Dec 13 2014, 18:04

oldhillglassboy

creating the topic, a first for me!

Today we didn't play as well as the previous week but took our chances. For me Kings Lynn where the better team in the first half without really testing Coleman, we allowed them too much space, the second goal by Bowerman seconds before half time was a cracker and really knocked the stuffing out of them. We dictated the second half and Morgan parker's lob over the keeper was just reward for his energy and wrestling match with Henry Eze. Coleman did make a couple of fine saves and the defensive unit was excellent, Geohaghon in particular.

A good performance against a good side and we owed them one after the trophy defeat! we did well to get the game on, I didn't think there was much chance this morning and it was freezing hard again by 5.00pm. Very cold during the second half, a good gate all things considered boosted by a small Halifax Town contigent, who came up from Aggborough.

2kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Sat Dec 13 2014, 18:23

Old Codger

Thought we deserved the win today, agree with OHGB regards to KL showing well first half though for me their threat fizzled out in front of goal. They missed a couple of real sitters, thankfully, and when they did look dangerous than man mountain Ex was there again. MOM for me by a country mile, even though there were again several good performances from the likes of Chris Knight (their winger moved to the left hand side to get Way from him !) Will and Kieran. Josh worked his socks off again and took his goal very well.
All in all a good day, good on yer boys !!

3kings Lynn Empty kings Lynn Sat Dec 13 2014, 18:31

redpike

Another good, solid team performance with everyone working hard for each other.

A 3 - 0 win was possibly flattering against a good footballing side but who hardly threatened Dean.

Hard to pick out individuals but Ex had his best game yet for us, fans' favourite Josh deserved his goal but, for me, Will was outstanding in midfield.

With so many matches postponed, it's good to be catching up with games played. A play-off position is getting tantalisingly close !!!

4kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Sat Dec 13 2014, 20:13

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows;

WILL RICHARDS 12 votes
Josh Morgan-Parker 10 votes
George Bowerman 4
Chris Knight 2
Exodus Geohaghon 3
Leon Broadhurst 1

Winner of the win was RICHARD CLARK

Thanks to all who took part.

5kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Sat Dec 13 2014, 20:39

Devil's Advocate

Brian Handy wrote:Man of the Match voting was as follows;

WILL RICHARDS 12 votes
George Bowerman 4
Chris Knight 2
Exodus Geohaghon 3
Leon Broadhurst 1

No votes for Drew today Brian?

A sign i'm not there to support the "Stourbridge Messi" Laughing

Don't panic Drew,i'll be there on Boxing Day so one vote at least is assured!

Cheers for the match reports folks,i was otherwise engaged watching Albion beating the Villa at last.

6kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Sun Dec 14 2014, 02:52

PhilC

WILL RICHARDS 12 votes
George Bowerman 4
Chris Knight 2
Exodus Geohaghon 3
Leon Broadhurst 1

I'll look forward to drinking that on Boxing Day after we stuff the brummies. 3-0 against a play-off rival - lovely jubbly

7kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Sun Dec 14 2014, 09:48

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Devil's Advocate wrote:

WILL RICHARDS 12 votes
George Bowerman 4
Chris Knight 2
Exodus Geohaghon 3
Leon Broadhurst 1

No votes for Drew today Brian?

A sign i'm not there to support the "Stourbridge Messi" Laughing

Don't panic Drew,i'll be there on Boxing Day so one vote at least is assured!

Cheers for the match reports folks,i was otherwise engaged watching Albion beating the Villa at last.

Drew was a bit off pace to be honest. Not quite as bad as his early season form but a long way off how he's been the last few weeks.

8kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Mon Dec 15 2014, 12:44

Lynnfan

Lynn played the better football but barely threatened primarily because you had two or three players on Thomson which starved the opportunities for Bell to get the ball to him.Thought the ref was very lenient which allowed your physical play to have an advantage.
Good luck for the rest of the season

9kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Mon Dec 15 2014, 16:23

Jack

Jack
Admin

Lynnfan wrote:Lynn played the better football but barely threatened primarily because you had two or three players on Thomson which starved the opportunities for Bell to get the ball to him.Thought the ref was very lenient which allowed your physical play to have an advantage.

Physical. Yawn. Getting a bit tired of every club saying we are physical when we just ain't.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

10kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Mon Dec 15 2014, 20:09

Devil's Advocate

Lynnfan wrote:Lynn played the better football but barely threatened primarily because you had two or three players on Thomson which starved the opportunities for Bell to get the ball to him.Thought the ref was very lenient which allowed your physical play to have an advantage.

Stourbridge,"physical" ffs Laughing

Clown Mad

11kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Mon Dec 15 2014, 20:57

Jack

Jack
Admin

It's not just him. Everyone seems to think it.

It just so happens that we've the best CB in the league who is a mountain, so they assume we're physical.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

12kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Tue Dec 16 2014, 10:15

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

"Let me hear your body talk"

13kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Tue Dec 16 2014, 16:13

sirsmileriiii

Tricky Tree wrote:"Let me hear your body talk"

Olivia-Newton John, or Olivia-Newtron Bomb as she was also known Wink

14kings Lynn Empty Re: kings Lynn Thu Dec 18 2014, 15:38

glassboypaul

Oh p**s off, no need for sour grapes, yes the ref was crap but he was for both teams, and gave several fouls that weren't, and failed to give several fouls that were blatant, for BOTH teams.

Getting bored of the whole 'physical' thing.

The difference was you created precious little in the final third and we created and finished well enough to score 3.

Thought Eze was awful throughout, much to my delight! Comparing Ex and Eze, two players with a similar build, was no contest. Ex dominated in defence whereas Eze was woeful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum