Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Test To Cheer You All Up!

+2
Devil's Advocate
Aled
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Test To Cheer You All Up! Empty A Test To Cheer You All Up! Tue Oct 07 2014, 17:21

There's been a lot of doom & gloom on this forum recently, and yes before anyone slates me I know there have been obvious reasons for this.

But I decided it was time to cheer everyone up, by giving them something to have a laugh at.  So have a look at this blast from the past and see how many people you can recognize Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2A Test To Cheer You All Up! Empty Re: A Test To Cheer You All Up! Thu Oct 09 2014, 13:33

Aled

TRM, Dave the Glassboy, Steve Whatmore, Sonia (let's not go there ay Dave), Beast, Rob Clark, and several members of the 'QBA' from end of season 90-91 I believe.

3A Test To Cheer You All Up! Empty Re: A Test To Cheer You All Up! Thu Oct 09 2014, 17:06

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:TRM, Dave the Glassboy, Steve Whatmore, Sonia (let's not go there ay Dave), Beast, Rob Clark, and several members of the 'QBA' from end of season 90-91 I believe.

Which one is which?

Who's the knob in the big cowboy hat?

4A Test To Cheer You All Up! Empty Re: A Test To Cheer You All Up! Sat Oct 11 2014, 11:08

the nephew of god

The 'knob in the big cowboy hat' would be me. There's also the sadly departed Dave Holmes behind the white mask and Thommo and Pritch who were our cricket side ballboys in the 80's. Picture taken at Hednesford on the last day of the 90-91 season (obviously not by Richard Clark because he's in it!). Anyone else remember Richard Massey's 40-odd yard goal that day?

5A Test To Cheer You All Up! Empty Re: A Test To Cheer You All Up! Sat Oct 11 2014, 11:39

Devil's Advocate

the nephew of god wrote:The 'knob in the big cowboy hat' would be me. There's also the sadly departed Dave Holmes behind the white mask and Thommo and Pritch who were our cricket side ballboys in the 80's. Picture taken at Hednesford on the last day of the 90-91 season (obviously not by Richard Clark because he's in it!). Anyone else remember Richard Massey's 40-odd yard goal that day?

Laughing Laughing

TBH Nephew of God i thought that was going to be Dave the Glassboy under the hat,i couldn't see which other could be him.

No offence mean't chap….you looked all looked perfectly normal judging you against the away crowd we take these days Mad Laughing

6A Test To Cheer You All Up! Empty Re: A Test To Cheer You All Up! Sat Oct 11 2014, 11:41

the nephew of god

Dave is the one on the right of the back row.

7A Test To Cheer You All Up! Empty Re: A Test To Cheer You All Up! Sat Oct 11 2014, 18:30

dave w

Congratulations to TRM who both took and was on the picture according to the caption. It looks like Johnny Hawthorn between NoG and Steve Whatmore? That was the day Albion missed two penalties at home to strengthen their grip on relegation to division three, Hednesford equalised in injury time to which we shrugged our shoulders and at the end of the match we strolled across the pitch in the laziest invasion of all time. A handful of their supporters booed us and we laughed at them. Four years later they were in the Conference.

8A Test To Cheer You All Up! Empty Re: A Test To Cheer You All Up! Sun Oct 12 2014, 01:12

PhilC

the nephew of god wrote:The 'knob in the big cowboy hat' would be me. There's also the sadly departed Dave Holmes behind the white mask and Thommo and Pritch who were our cricket side ballboys in the 80's. Picture taken at Hednesford on the last day of the 90-91 season (obviously not by Richard Clark because he's in it!). Anyone else remember Richard Massey's 40-odd yard goal that day?

Don't bloody shoot from there Massey!! ..... The biggest ever thighs in stour shorts?

9A Test To Cheer You All Up! Empty Re: A Test To Cheer You All Up! Sun Oct 12 2014, 15:17

dave w

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Aled wrote:TRM, Dave the Glassboy, Steve Whatmore, Sonia (let's not go there ay Dave), Beast, Rob Clark, and several members of the 'QBA' from end of season 90-91 I believe.

Which one is which?

Who's the knob in the big cowboy hat?

From the top: ?, NoG, Johnny Hawthorne (maybe), Steve Whatmore, TRM, DtG. In front of TRM is Dave Holmes, then Sonia Gregg & the Beast. No idea about the rest; they stopped coming over the next year or so.

10A Test To Cheer You All Up! Empty Re: A Test To Cheer You All Up! Tue Nov 04 2014, 11:18

sirsmileriiii

I'm pretty sure Johnny Hawthorne is the one on the top left with that funny thing on his head, followed by NOG.  As he has recently returned after 22 years I will ask him at the next game.

No sign of Roy Cropper in that picture, which surprises me as he loves wearing fancy dress.  Even if it is always the same costume Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum