Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barwell away on Tuesday.

+6
NickSFCB
baz
Baggiestour
Dave the Glassboy
Jack
Devil's Advocate
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Barwell away on Tuesday. Sun Sep 14 2014, 22:09

Devil's Advocate

Good to see you yesterday BaggieStour.

As discussed mate if you want a lift to Barwell please just leave me a message on here and you'll be welcome to join myself,Neil and Baz.

2Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Mon Sep 15 2014, 08:50

Jack

Jack
Admin

I feel sorry for anyone whos going tomorrow. Players included. Horrible place. Anyway, good luck lads. Need to start getting some results put together, won't be around till the Cup Weekend now, long time without Stour!

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

3Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Mon Sep 15 2014, 22:51

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

I quite like the ground personally. Good clubhouse as well. We had a few cracking games there in our MFA days.

Shame about their style of play these days though.

4Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Mon Sep 15 2014, 22:57

Baggiestour

Thanks for the offerDA but I have some quoting to do so I will see you Saturday.
Has there been anymore response from our discussion Saturday?

5Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 01:52

baz

Not a favourite ground of mine,matches there can be feisty! Favourite memory of there is Bernard never leaving the bar!

6Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 04:18

NickSFCB

Bernard not leaving the bar? That could be 1 of many grounds Wink

7Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 11:46

baz wrote:Not a favourite ground of mine,matches there can be feisty! Favourite memory of there is Bernard never leaving the bar!

Reminds me of a game we played at Banbury where he had a taxi from the station into the town, which was less than 5 minutes walk away Wink

8Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 17:14

Southern Stour

Anyone need a lift to tonights game at Barwell,will be leaving about 6 - 6:15, got empty motor just let me know.

9Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:32

stour_boy

stour_boy

Tonight's team:

Coleman
Richards
Knight
Ramsey-Dickson
Hales
Harris
Haynes
Broadhurst
Brown
Billingham
Fitzpatrick

Subs:

Craddock
Canavan
Smickle
Wood
Francis

10Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:33

stour_boy

stour_boy

Sub: Craddock for Broadhurst 8 mins

11Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:33

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-0 Brown

12Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:42

stour_boy

stour_boy

HT 1-0

13Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 21:04

stour_boy

stour_boy

Sub: Smickle for Craddock 59 mins

14Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 21:08

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-1

15Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 21:14

stour_boy

stour_boy

Sub: Canavan for Harris 68 mins

16Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 21:24

stour_boy

stour_boy

2-1 Smickle

17Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 21:31

stour_boy

stour_boy

2-2

18Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 21:40

stour_boy

stour_boy

FT 2-2

19Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 21:57

Baggiestour

Couldn't make it tonight,how did we play,no benbow, must be injured

20Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Tue Sep 16 2014, 23:44

Devil's Advocate

Decent match tonight.

Bright first half from Stour,our passing and movement caused them problems and Hales was very lively,a sharp finnish from Brown gave us a deserved lead.

Second half we didn't turn up,passing was sloppy,closing down was poor and the defence was really shaky,a period of four at the back might be needed to get some confidence back,we just looked like conceding every time they came at us.

A smart finish for Junior from a flicked on corner should've stolen the points for us so to let in a very poor equaliser was a real kick in the @ss.

Only a save of world class from Coleman gave us a point,Dean deserved man of the match just for that save but in fairness he played well tonight as far as shot stopping and handling was concerned,just his decision making lacked a bit of confidence at times but overall he was one of our better performer's.

A word too for Drew,i thought he really livened us up when he came on so fair play to him.

This is my issue with Drew,as a sub he invariably add's an edge and inventiveness to the side,i think he's a very valuable squad player,i just wish we saw it consistently over a 90 minute period because there is no doubt he has talent so well done tonight Drew.

A word too for our support,it was excellent,a crowd of 206 of which i would estimate 70 or 80 were from Stour,a great effort midweek.

Well played to young Jack too,after suffering the pint of beer spilt in his lap pre match he took all the ribbing from us juvenile,middle aged blokes with good humour Razz

If you're reading this mum, Jack's explanation for having such a large wet patch around his crutch is 100% true Embarassed

Jane,i have the photos and will forward them to Tricky and he can pass them onto you,hopefully they will make Facebook and Twitter Laughing

21Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Wed Sep 17 2014, 08:53

Jack

Jack
Admin

Come April we will see if that was a point gained or 2 dropped, and when taking into consideration all footballing ability being lost for a good 20 minutes in the second half, I'd probably say gained. Barwell should have been out of sight by the time we finally woke up. We won the midfield battle first half, they won it second half. Story of the game really. Smikle's goal was a very good finish and sparked whiled celebrations within the excellent following, at least half the crowd. Have to agree with DA, Drew was the difference coming on, he quickened the play up and you could then see Ben and Jordan come alive. However a special mention needs to go to Deano for one of the best saves at the death I've ever seen. truly world class and who knows how important that will turn out to be. Well battled lads, see you at Blaby.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

22Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Wed Sep 17 2014, 12:25

Brian Handy

Man of the Match was REECE HALES with 9 votes, Dean received 5 , Will 3 , Kyle, Kayeldon & Brian 2 each, Chris & Josh 1 each.

BARRY CUFF won the wine.

23Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Wed Sep 17 2014, 16:36

brockmoor

brockmoor

I agree with what DA & Jack have said.

I was a little disappointed with a draw at 90mins but I would have taken that before the game.

Thats my third trip to Barwell FC. I cant wait to go back, free flowing football, good well mannered players. A lovely ground with first class facilities and great support.

Sorry thats Burnham ay it! pale

24Barwell away on Tuesday. Empty Re: Barwell away on Tuesday. Wed Sep 17 2014, 19:26

Southern Stour

Good run down of game DA / Jack / Brockmoor, I also would have took the draw at the start of the game but still felt robbed at the end, Deano's save was a class save and did get us the point. Just hope we can get a result Saturday.

COYG

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum