Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Belper updates

+6
NickSFCB
Devil's Advocate
brockmoor
Jack
oldhillglassboy
stour_boy
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Belper updates Empty Belper updates Tue Sep 09 2014, 19:52

stour_boy

stour_boy

Team:

Coleman
Richards Ramsey-Dickson Broadhurst
Haynes Harris Fitzpatrick Brown
Billingham Benbow

2Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Tue Sep 09 2014, 19:53

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-0 Benbow

3Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Tue Sep 09 2014, 19:58

stour_boy

stour_boy

2-0 Benbow

4Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Tue Sep 09 2014, 20:07

stour_boy

stour_boy

3-0 Benbow

5Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Tue Sep 09 2014, 20:31

stour_boy

stour_boy

4-0 Benbow

6Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Tue Sep 09 2014, 20:34

stour_boy

stour_boy

Half time 4-0

7Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Tue Sep 09 2014, 21:56

stour_boy

stour_boy

Full time 4-0

8Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:21

oldhillglassboy

The Luke Benbow show again! all the goals where brilliant, better than last week, hope his injury isn't too serious, right thing to take hime off at half time. Belper where a yard off the pace and couldn't live with us, the second half was a little flat as it wa always going to be I think, but a job well done. On the evidence of tonight, Hales looks a very decent prospect.

9Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:23

Jack

Jack
Admin

Use the Geddes transfer fee and wages to keep Luke Benbow here for as long as possible. What a player.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

10Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Tue Sep 09 2014, 23:48

brockmoor

brockmoor

Jack wrote:Use the Geddes transfer fee and wages to keep Luke Benbow here for as long as possible. What a player.

Do you mean make Benbow an offer he cant refuse & then if someone comes in we can get a juicy fee? Shocked

Nah, it will never work!!!

11Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 00:13

Devil's Advocate

We need to push the boat out,offer Luke a contract he can't refuse and promise him we won't stand in his way if and when the chance of a big move comes for him.

This is a business "no brainer",if we don't get him under contract he'll be gone in the next few weeks with his form being so hot so why not protect our biggest asset and make sure we've covered our @ss.

We lost the youngster to Brentford last season,we've just seen Jordan Murphy sign for Walsall without us earning a bean when it was clear to most people that the lad was an outstanding talent.

To hear Sean Geddes departed for a "nominal fee" is heartbreaking,more "family silver" virtually tossed out!

If i hear in the next few weeks that Benbow has signed for Kiddie for nothing i think i'll spontaneous combust,we have to prevent the blindingly obvious from happening.

If Rowe was worth £600+ a week last season then Luke has to be worth paying our top contract to,i'm not suggesting it should match Rowe's wage because Ryan was full time at Kiddie but top strikers at our level are worth paying £300+ a week to and it's time to make him that sort of offer in my opinion.

Let's get a business head on with this one.

Great goals tonight by the way,well constructed and clinically finished,that first half was us at our best,lets see more of it.

Quite impressed with the loanee from Kiddie as well,good feet,direct and pacey.

12Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 01:42

NickSFCB

Who is to say we didn't offer murphy a contract, and he declined it, as Walsall may not want to pay a transfer fee? 
I agree with offering luke a deal he can't refuse, but again there's no saying he will want to be on contract, again nothing the club can do to force him. 

Any 4-0 win is great, but to have it wrapped up so early in the game is even better.

13Belper updates Empty Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 08:29

redpike

Another entertaining, high tempo game similar to last week's Nantwich match - kicking 'uphill' first half, an opposition that would not give up and never giving our defence a breather, both teams always looking to score, and, of course, Luke ! If he carries on in this rich vein of form, bigger clubs, if not already, will soon be sniffing around.

I thought every player gave a solid, workmanlike performance, with Kayelden'e energy levels catching the eye. Dean might not be the fans' favourite but with some so-called supporters sarcastically cheering when he caught the ball cleanly was out of order. Reece was at times a bit selfish but was never nervous to try his luck.

One disappointing aspect was, again, the low attendance on what was a sunny, late Summer, warm evening. Tuesday matches never seem to attract the same numbers as on a Saturday but with six of our first ten league home games being mid-week will not help our cash flow.

However, well done to the lads for an excellent team performance and let us all hope that, after the events of the last few days, the dust can now settle for, after all, we are in a play-off position.

14Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 09:23

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

redpike wrote:Another entertaining, high tempo game similar to last week's Nantwich match - kicking 'uphill' first half, an opposition that would not give up and never giving our defence a breather, both teams always looking to score, and, of course, Luke ! If he carries on in this rich vein of form, bigger clubs, if not already, will soon be sniffing around.

I thought every player gave a solid, workmanlike performance, with Kayelden'e energy levels catching the eye. Dean might not be the fans' favourite but with some so-called supporters sarcastically cheering when he caught the ball cleanly was out of order. Reece was at times a bit selfish but was never nervous to try his luck.

One disappointing aspect was, again, the low attendance on what was a sunny, late Summer, warm evening. Tuesday matches never seem to attract the same numbers as on a Saturday but with six of our first ten league home games being mid-week will not help our cash flow

However, well done to the lads for an excellent team performance and let us all hope that, after the events of the last few days, the dust can now settle for, after all, we are in a play-off position.

Why were the sarcastic cheers out of order?
It's sarcastic football fans humour, the best humour in the world.

Incidentally I didn't sarcastically cheer.

15Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:10

Jack

Jack
Admin

Once again, it seems to be that if we win, we win big. In Reece Hales, I think we have a player of the calibre needed to support Luke. This was shown with Reece picking Luke out for the 4th-would it have been a goal if the roles were reversed? Very hard to knock Luke though, he is without a doubt one of the best strikers in the league, and in this form, better than Rowey was in that wonderful Autumn 2011 spell. He has everything. His finishing also seems to improved a lot. We do really need to keep him for as long as we can! 8 goals in 2.5 games is ridiculous.

Have to disagree with Tricky on the sarcastic cheers. Didn't hear any last night, but I did on Saturday and I'm 100% against it. Deano IS one of our own, and it comes across very patronising. I'm sure he is aware of some mistakes he's made, so sarcastic comments when he does well really is pointless. What does it achieve? That's just my opinion though!

Looking forward to Saturday now! cheers

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

16Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:31

7 comments about last nights game, and not one of them mentions the name Drew Laughing

17Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 13:43

Baggiestour

Hey D A
You say get him under contract and let him know if a bigger club comes in then they will listen to offers, they said exactly the same to Sean but when bigger clubs did come in they didn't tell him.
See ya up the baggies saturday

18Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 15:19

Devil's Advocate

Baggiestour wrote:Hey D A
You say get him under contract and let him know if a bigger club comes in then they will listen to offers, they said exactly the same to Sean but when bigger clubs did come in they didn't tell him.

I think that did BS.

It was common knowledge that Northampton were looking at him.

I now think i know who you are BS Laughing

You were missed last night,get yourself back up Amblecote soon mate,we enjoy your company.

19Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 15:21

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Baggiestour wrote:Hey D A

I think they did BS.

It was common knowledge that Northampton were looking at him.

I now think i know who you are BS Laughing

You were missed last night,get yourself back up Amblecote soon mate,we enjoy your company.

20Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 17:17

Baggiestour

It took you long enough lol, you will never get a job as a detective, lol

21Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 17:45

Devil's Advocate

Baggiestour wrote:It took you long enough lol, you will never get a job as a detective, lol

Se you Saturday Al Razz

22Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Wed Sep 10 2014, 18:18

brockmoor

brockmoor

Very good first half performance by the whole team. Belper weren't a great side, but I doubt anyone at our level could have lived with our first half performance.

Needless to say Benbow was superb and his goals were very high quality.

The second half was a none event, but the game was won and when there are a number of changes which a team can struggle with.

A clean sheet which was as good a news as the three points. Fingers crossed we can get a good run of results under our belt now.

23Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Thu Sep 11 2014, 19:15

Brian Handy

Man of the Match was Luke Benbow with 33 votes, Louis, Will & Leon received 1 vote each.

Carol Horton won the Wine.

24Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Thu Sep 11 2014, 19:24

brockmoor

brockmoor

Brian Handy wrote:Man of the Match was Luke Benbow with 33 votes, Louis, Will & Leon received 1 vote each.

Carol Horton won the Wine.

That must be the biggest winning margin ever Brian?

25Belper updates Empty Re: Belper updates Thu Sep 11 2014, 19:46

Brian Handy

I cannot recall a bigger margin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum