Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sam "The God" Rock.

+8
stoursi
Dave the Glassboy
brockmoor
stour_boy
Devil's Advocate
baz
Jack
Tricky Tree
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Sam "The God" Rock. Thu Aug 28 2014, 07:39

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I hear a whisper that Sam may be knocking it on the head at Stour unless he's given a fair crack.
I'm fully aware from talking to other fans that Rocky isn't as well rated as I rate him but I genuinely believe he deserves more of a chance.
Let's not forget that it was only a couple of seasons a go he was regularly winning the man of the match award and remember how many goals he set Rowey up for.
People chirp on that he's not defensive enough but I've always held the belief that an out and out winger needs to be defended against not the other way round.

I appreciate I may be boring folk BUT we ALL know some players shouldn't start every game especially when they appear not to contribute a great deal.

Long live "The God" Sam Rock.

2Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Thu Aug 28 2014, 08:54

Jack

Jack
Admin

Pre injury Rocky would be first eleven no doubt. He was pure class especially after Rowey left and carried us for a while. However, I imagine the management are just slowly getting him back up to speed. I personally hope that Rocky finds form again because he's an excellent player

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

3Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Thu Aug 28 2014, 11:50

baz

The story is true about Sam,looks like 3 players could be gone in a week!

4Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Thu Aug 28 2014, 15:42

Devil's Advocate

I've also heard this on the grapevine as well.

I'm disappointed that at this early stage of the season we seem to be losing useful squad members,as stated previously i think the loss of Dallinson is a major blow and one that simply shouldn't have happened based on his excellent pre season form.

My main point about Rocky is that IF management felt his days of being a first team fixture were at an end then prior to the season he should have been told this and made aware he was only now seen as a valuable squad member and he could then have made a decision as to whether that suited him or not and acted accordingly.

We've had the discontent from young Washbourne,the departure of Dallinson and now this reported unrest from Rocky and this from a squad that is already looking wafer thin and desperately short in certain areas.

We have two centre forwards playing as centre halves,albeit they are doing a decent job back there,our main striker is obviously struggling for fitness and he needs a back up and we haven't replaced Sansara even though he departed over two months ago.

We need a left back/left wing back desperately,we are so weak at the moment on that side of the pitch……..but hang on a minute,we have Washbourne so why isn't he getting a run?

IF Dallinson had stayed and played the left side of the team with Washbourne as wing back, or even at a push Leon in that position or at left back,then in my opinion we would have a stronger defence and a more balanced side.

One player in particular seems to lead a charmed life in the side yet others like Dallinson and Washbourne and Rock can't seem to get a sniff.

If i was in that squad i think i'd be disillusioned if i wasn't getting a game.

I think a good early season shake up is needed and some fresh faces introduced and a couple of "sacred cows" dealt with,it's not as if we don't have the money to actually facilitate some changes,then again,we had a good lad in Dallinson who had cost us nothing and we've got Washbourne ( who has been very patient ) and Rock and we don't use them.

It feels a lot like the last two seasons to be honest,we have some very good players at this level but we just seem to keep missing the trick in regards to squad strengthening on a new forward and the handling of younger squad member's who have great promise.

5Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Thu Aug 28 2014, 22:40

stour_boy

stour_boy

No idea why two of our brightest players of pre-season from what I saw, Dallison and Washbourne, "hung out to dry" at the start of the season. Although, storming out of the ground after being left out of the team on the opening day isn't ideal; not everyone can play every week so someone has miss out.

I am astonished Alex had zero involvement in three games though. Must be frustrating after a very promising pre-season.

I actually thought Rocky was a strange sub the other night but happy for him to be given his chance. I agree that certain players are auto-picks or play 90% of games.

There's a balance to be had between retaining a winning formula by keeping the same side after a win, and keeping everyone in the squad happy. Clearly, if three players in a week or so leave or make noises about leaving, we haven't got that balance right now.

And what will we do if someone gets injured/suspended and we only have unhappy, demotivated chaps who have been on the bench every game?

6Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Thu Aug 28 2014, 22:45

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

On the bench every week knowing if they do get a chance then it'll only be short term if they are replacing "certain" players!!!!
Hardly inspiring.

7Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Thu Aug 28 2014, 22:54

brockmoor

brockmoor

The problem is simple.

Our management cant seem to manage anymore than 13-14 players.

8Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 17:04

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Seems bizarre that there is one player who has constantly failed to deliver the goods over the last four years and yet seems to be an automatic choice.

Not naming names on here but I think you know who I mean. He's obviously still got the photos.

9Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 18:59

stoursi

Yes we know who you all mean.

Find it strange how anybody who attended Kings Lynn ain't having a go at our captain who Gary had a go at first half for not doing enough. Second half with minutes to he trotted for a corner no urgency even though we are one down. Looks unfit but the majority think he is the best thing since sliced bread

We have had major problems in midfield with tracking back and defending. Please tell me player that's always plays. Strange how some say higher clubs have had a look but no one takes a chance on him.

If we are to get anywhere we need to pull together.

Why don't people start naming names.

Also thought every was in Gary we trust. You seem to be changing sides.

I am probably Gary's worst critic but he knows I am.

Spoke to somebody recently who now watches stourbridge and knows his stuff and said our captain Monday didn't do enough.

10Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 19:18

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Maybe Sean has had a couple of off games of late but I still believe he's a regular good performer....I'd rather have him in my team than out where as Drew would be a last ten minutes player at the most.
There you go Si,named names.

11Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 19:27

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Maybe Sean has had a couple of off games of late but I still believe he's a regular good performer....I'd rather have him in my team than out where as Drew would be a last ten minutes player at the most.
There you go Si,named names.

Nail on head 100% Tricky.

12Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 19:49

stoursi

At last somebody names the player.

I had a go at Ben then people had a go at me.

On Drew he ain't a left sided midfielder in five or a four.

So who should you blame for that.

13Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 19:50

stoursi

At last somebody names the player.

I had a go at Ben then people had a go at me.

On Drew he ain't a left sided midfielder in  five or a four.

So who should you blame for that.

14Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 20:13

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I don't think Drew cuts the mustard in any position I've seen him play.
This isn't a dig at the bloke as a person, I just don't rate him at this level I for the life of me I don't see how he starts game after game even though he fails to deliver.

15Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 21:12

stoursi

Tricky you said Rocky was a winger and he is far from that.

At least the forum has some opinions now.

16Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 22:11

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I believe that Rocky is strongest down the left hand side as an out and out winger.
If you had to play him then where the dickens would you stick him?!

17Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 22:18

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:I believe that Rocky is strongest down the left hand side as an out and out winger.
If you had to play him then where the dickens would you stick him?!

On the bench.

Only a squad player at best in my opinion but always a tough choice as to where to play him.

Out wide has been tried with him Tricky but he just won't do the defensive duties required,the management are in and out of the hutch doing their nut at him when he does play because they have to constantly remind him of his responsibilities.

That knee injury Rock had is a killer,especially for non league players who don't get the quality rehab that top players get,we saw it with Wurzel and others,the zip,speed of turn and sprinting power is never the same when they do return.

At a push i'd bring him on late and play him in the "hole" behind the main striker.

18Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 23:02

stoursi

I was talking about all three players that had either left or were unhappy. Since then no one has said anything about Alex which is some time ago so he can't matter that much. I would have played Alex in the last 15 against Kings Lynn and moved KRD forward.

As for Sam I would play him as a striker or just behind. Also think he is no worse than Junior or Brown. In Brown's case for such a big guy he doesn't do a lot. Junior don't cut the mustard either so I can see why Rocky has a problem. Give Rocky a chance.

See DA hasn't replied about signing Wood as a replacement for Sansara.

19Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Fri Aug 29 2014, 23:23

Devil's Advocate

stoursi wrote:I was talking about all three players that had either left or were unhappy. Since then no one has said anything about Alex which is some time ago so he can't matter that much. I would have played Alex in the last 15 against Kings Lynn and moved KRD forward.

As for Sam I would play him as a striker or just behind. Also think he is no worse than Junior or Brown. In Brown's case for such a big guy he doesn't do a lot. Junior don't cut the mustard either so I can see why Rocky has a problem. Give Rocky a chance.

See DA hasn't replied about signing Wood as a replacement for Sansara.

And where on this thread have you mentioned Wood replacing Sansara?

I may have answered the question if i'd actually seen it.

You've had a right old dig at some of our better player's tonight Stoursi,i see Brown's getting it now.

To say Brown "Doesn't do a lot" is harsh in the extreme,certainly not a player i'd level a lack of effort against and the same for Junior.

I can see you getting plenty of nominations for the ice bucket challenge Stoursi,they'll be lining up to nominate you down at the club.

Beware the yellow water Laughing

20Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Sat Aug 30 2014, 09:09

Taniwha

I only ever saw George play bits and pieces so couldn't form a fair opinion on whether he had what was needed, it's always difficult when your only paying a few minutes here and there off the bench.

As for Sam, since his injury, I'd say the same about me forming a fair opinion with the difficulty in making an impression when only playing a few minutes here and there. Although he does get out-muscled a bit in my opinion.

Has Alex definitley gone then (never saw him play as the only pre season game I could make was cancelled)? And what happened to Wood, did he get crocked in pre-season?

21Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Sat Aug 30 2014, 17:20

dodi

Sean very rarely has a bad game and when he does the long ball is being played and is missing him out or he is being told my management to hold back, both sean and Ben play very well with each other and make some good passes and some good finishes, it is impossible to play out of your socks every game, ans as for othee clubs coming in for him this has been stopped by management not by them not being interested!! This club will go nowhere with the manager we have 3 players leave in a week?? Whats all that about u need Consistancy week in week out not different faces all the time!! Enough said

22Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Sat Aug 30 2014, 17:27

Baggiestour

Trouble now with Sean is he is getting stuck in a rut and getting bad habits, most players are getting disillusioned , changes are needed but it will never happen.

23Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Wed Sep 03 2014, 10:38

stour_boy

stour_boy

Good to see Rocky come on last night. Looks like he will be sticking around - and I really hope he does.

24Sam "The God" Rock. Empty re "sam the god"rock Sun Sep 07 2014, 08:52

lyelad

Heard yesterday at the game that rocky has left the club shame really. watched sam when he made his comeback for causeway and he as never looked the same player as before his injury.

25Sam "The God" Rock. Empty Re: Sam "The God" Rock. Sun Sep 07 2014, 11:58

stoursi

Shame if true as he has been a good player for the club over the years.

All the players want to play and it's hard keeping them happy when only getting 10 minutes a game or not even getting on the pitch.

If true that's three players we have lost so far this season so additions are needed who have the experience and ability to play at this level.

Just hope we don't see youth players appearing on the bench to make numbers up and that includes Tye and Morgan Parker.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next