Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ilkeston away on Monday.

+5
UlsterJim
kevilsonlad
Jack
stoursi
Devil's Advocate
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Ilkeston away on Monday. Sun Aug 17 2014, 16:06

Devil's Advocate

Anybody else going?

I'm going with Baz and Brock and expecting to see a decent number of our regular's in attendance.

Last edited by Devil's Advocate on Sun Aug 17 2014, 17:59; edited 1 time in total

2Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Sun Aug 17 2014, 16:32

stoursi

Thought it was Monday not Tuesday.

3Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Sun Aug 17 2014, 17:58

Devil's Advocate

stoursi wrote:Thought it was Monday not Tuesday.

Just testing.. Razz 

4Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Sun Aug 17 2014, 19:35

Jack

Jack
Admin

Won't be there tomorrow. Hopefully the lads can get a result against them. Not really sure how much you can take from their win at the weekend. Impressive, yes, but it was also against a team who flirted with the drop a lot last season. Think if we play like we did in the first half on Saturday, we'll get a result.

Good luck lads.  Very Happy 

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

5Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty ilkeston fc fan in peace Sun Aug 17 2014, 20:16

kevilsonlad

hi guys , just want to say a massive welcome to the premier league and I hope you have a good season . ( not too good tho ) on behalf of us ilson fans welcome to the NMG on Mon night . I`am saying this now coz I cant get to the match coz of work  Sad . I can remember our last encounter in the cup match two seasons ago not only for the result , but for the welcome we got . As I can remember we had a crackin time in the clubhouse, with your fans havin a talk and laff with us . I sure our fans will give you a good reception too .
just sorry I cant return the favour . well enjoy the night and I hope you go back with nil points  Very Happy 

kevilsonlad  cheers

6Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Sun Aug 17 2014, 20:46

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

kevilsonlad wrote:hi guys , just want to say a massive welcome to the premier league and I hope you have a good season . ( not too good tho ) on behalf of us ilson fans welcome to the NMG on Mon night . I`am saying this now coz I cant get to the match coz of work  Sad . I can remember our last encounter in the cup match two seasons ago not only for the result , but for the welcome we got . As I can remember we had a crackin time in the clubhouse, with your fans havin a talk and laff with us . I sure our fans will give you a good reception too .
just sorry I cant return the favour . well enjoy the night and I hope you go back with nil points  Very Happy 

kevilsonlad  cheers

Cheers for the welcome Kev, I will be having a beer pre-match with one of your fans (Alan Savage) and taking the mick out of him big time, mainly because he is a Dirty Glentoran fan as well as following Ilkeston and Rangers.

http://www.nibadges.com

7Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty ilkeston fan Sun Aug 17 2014, 20:58

kevilsonlad

UlsterJim wrote:
kevilsonlad wrote:hi guys , just want to say a massive welcome to the premier league and I hope you have a good season . ( not too good tho ) on behalf of us ilson fans welcome to the NMG on Mon night . I`am saying this now coz I cant get to the match coz of work  Sad . I can remember our last encounter in the cup match two seasons ago not only for the result , but for the welcome we got . As I can remember we had a crackin time in the clubhouse, with your fans havin a talk and laff with us . I sure our fans will give you a good reception too .

kevilsonlad  cheers

Cheers for the welcome Kev, I will be having a beer pre-match with one of your fans (Alan Savage) and taking the mick out of him big time, mainly because he is a Dirty Glentoran fan as well as following Ilkeston and Rangers.

yes I know him very well mate . I can remember at yours in that cup match he put his flag up next your flag ( is that right ?) and the fencing got blown over  Very Happy Very Happy 
only trouble with alan you cant get a word in with im .........

8Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Sun Aug 17 2014, 23:26

stour_boy

stour_boy

I'll be there - really looking forward to it!

Just hope the M5/M6/M42/M1 is kind...

9Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Mon Aug 18 2014, 22:38

Final Score was 4-3 to Stour cheers 

Was not there but we scored the winner in the last minute apparently.

10Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Mon Aug 18 2014, 23:21

dave w

Cracking result, safe home everyone who travelled.

11Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Mon Aug 18 2014, 23:28

stour_boy

stour_boy

Just got back.

One of those classic away games.

Good first half, both sides saw lots of the ball but not many chances. One of their defenders back headed the ball and Brown ran on to finish very nicely for a slender lead at the break. Another interest of the first half was the decision-averse linesman who either guessed or waited for the ref to decide for him.

Second half we started very positively (not often we can say that!) a good build up saw Fitz finish well for 2 goals in 2 games for him.

However they got one back soon after and there was a long way to go to secure the win. However a Broadhurst goal from a corner (won after sheer persistence from sub Smickle) saw us restore the two goal cushion.

All was well until they scored an excellent second and suddenly we were on the back foot. A slip by Will let in their striker and he dived in for the ball when only a superbly timed challenge would have avoided a pen. Sadly it wasn't and all of a sudden it was 3-3 and that was that, two points thrown.

However, Chris Knight had other ideas; he cut in from the right and hit a shot that crept inside the near post; don't know whether their keeper was at fault but who cares, they all count.

Was a real team effort tonight. Was hard to pick an individual MOTM. Other than one sliced clearance though I thought Dean had an excellent game.

Top of the league, two wins without Luke, a great win against a good side in Ilkeston, very nice ground, very nice home support who wished us well after the game.

The only negative thing of the whole night was an utterly rubbish programme, but you can't have everything can you?!

12Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Mon Aug 18 2014, 23:32

Devil's Advocate

What a superb game of football.

0-1 to Stour at half time with a lovely curling side foot from Brown.

0-2 with a fantastic bit of skill inside the box by Fitz where he made space for himself before side footing firmly past their keeper.

1-2 due to sloppy defending.

1-3 nice finish by Leon who headed in Will's header back across the area.

2-3 very weak midfield challenges leading to a fine finish from their guy.

3-3 Penalty given away by Will i think,a poor challenge in the last minute of a game and an easy decision for the ref.

3-4 What a strike by Chrissy Knight from about 22 yards,bottom corner giving the keeper no chance.

We did our best to throw the result away but showed terrific spirit to keep going right to the end.

Stand out performance was from Dean Coleman who was my motm,some great saves that earned us that result.

Brown battled well and Ben was in free flowing form.

Defensively we looked shaky and we got overrun in midfield for large parts of the game which is a concern.

Ilkeston were excellent on the ball,their very young team had a real structure to it and they kept the ball well but they were a bit naive in defence at times which allowed us to exploit,i was very impressed with their quality though and i don't see many teams winning there this season so tonight's win for us was a massive result.

A nice ground,good facilities and very friendly local's made it a pleasure to visit but £2 to use there car park was a total pee take in my opinion.

13Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Tue Aug 19 2014, 08:02

baz

Great night,good match,good company,good to see a healthy away support,this is gonna be such a rollercoaster of a season,some of our more mature fans may have to lay down in a darkened room after some matches Wink nice and friendly locals but could not understand why some were going early before the end,with the match evenly poised, my legs were nice and warm in me shorts lol

14Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Tue Aug 19 2014, 08:10

baz wrote:but could not understand why some were going early before the end,with the match evenly poised

You see that a lot on televised matches. People moan about clubs ticket prices being too high, yet they still walk out before the end of the game. I would rather stay and get my monies worth, especially when a match can literally go down to the last kick of the game Rolling Eyes 

15Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Tue Aug 19 2014, 21:23

Jack

Jack
Admin

Wasn't at the game so won't comment too much more than what's been said already. Slightly worrying that we were a bit sloppy at the back, but massive massive credit to the lads to come back. One thing that really does show from a local group of lads is the team spirit within the camp. Only bodes well for the future. Saw an Ilkeston fan on twitter praising the usual's as well as Louis Harris. Banged this drum a few times, but for me, he's one of our most important players. We simply need to keep him for as long as we can.

Early days, yes, however if we can win on Saturday and then on Monday night, we really will be sending out a message to the League. They may not know much about us now, but by April, they may well do.

Can't wait for Saturday now, see you all there.  Very Happy cheers 

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

16Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Tue Aug 19 2014, 22:09

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

KRD won the Man of the Match vote last night and the winner of the supporters' draw is Andy Hill.

17Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Wed Aug 20 2014, 10:15

stour_boy

stour_boy

Match highlights:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nRf6dbV2Qqs

18Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty Re: Ilkeston away on Monday. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:32

Devil's Advocate

Interesting to watch the goals again having being there on the night.

A lot to work on for us from a midfield point of view,we seem to give the opposition a lot of time on the ball in midfield to allow them to pick up out a pass,not enough pressure on the ball carrier in my opinion.

Ilkeston were excellent with the ball though,they picked their way between our midfielder's with great skill and excellent movement but these highlights do show that we need to close opposition down quicker and with more intensity than we do at present and we have got to become better at tracking opposition runner's.

No doubting our team spirit though,heads didn't drop even when they got back to 3-3 in the 89th minute which is of great credit to our boys,they certainly keep fighting to the end.

All in all though it was a cracking match,i think Ilkeston will be in the top 5 at the end of season if they continue to play like that and my confidence is growing that we could well be also there.

I hope many more games this season are as enjoyable. from a football entertainment point of view.

19Ilkeston away on Monday. Empty well done guys Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:55

kevilsonlad

first of all well done on your win ..... I couldn't get to the match so missed a cracker of a game , bloody typical  Sad 
sets your game up with kings lynn with you both at the top . a great position to be in altho early days yrt . don't know if you have been there before , but if you havnt try standing on the terracing opposite the main stand it`s good for chanting. should be a good crowd as well .
all the best for the rest on the season and hopefully will meet some of you at yours later in the season
kevilsonlad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum