Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nathan "The Legend" Bennett.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Empty Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Wed Jul 16 2014, 11:29

Devil's Advocate

Does anyone know for certain what's happening with the big man?

I heard a whisper last night that he's still not fully recovered from his illness but that once he is properly well again that he's going to play for Stourport this season Mad 

I hope neither is the case to be honest,i hope he's well and that we'll see him in our side again this season.

Nathan is a Stourbridge legend in my opinion,in my 40 years of watching Stour he would certainly be in my all time best 11 Stour side,slotting in alongside the great Chrissy Jones at centre back and Nathan has been the player of the last decade for me personally.

It will be an extremely sad day when Nathan does leave the club.

If anyone has any concrete information on the situation i'm sure we'd all be grateful?

2Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Empty Re: Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Wed Jul 16 2014, 20:16

Jack

Jack
Admin

From a human perspective I hope Nathan has or is on the way to making a full recovery. In the 7 years or so I've supported Stour, Nathan has been here throughout and has been the most consistent performer overall. A true club legend, along with Leon from the current crop.

The only thing I can imagine is that Nathan may well want to play football a little more locally and at a lesser level. I was under the impression that he was coming towards the end of his career, and perhaps the illness has made him think twice about playing at this level? Who knows? Moreover, personally, I think as a unit we have moved on since Nathan came out the team. That's not to say if Nathan Bennett was read out I wouldn't be happy, he's an excellent defender, however personally the mix of KRD, Leon, Knighty, Will and Dallison is enough now. I don't think any of the 4 that played their part towards the back end of last season deserve to necessarily be dropped for Nathan personally.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

3Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Empty Re: Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Thu Jul 17 2014, 07:07

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

"From a human perspective"???

What the blazes does that mean Nory?

It's your opinion so it's obviously going to be "personally"

Too many "personally" and "in my opinion" from people nowadays, gets right on my goat.

4Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Empty Re: Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Thu Jul 17 2014, 11:07

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:"From a human perspective"???

What the blazes does that mean Nory?

It's your opinion so it's obviously going to be "personally"

Too many "personally" and "in my opinion" from people nowadays, gets right on my goat.

In my opinion you are a miserable old two hat Tricky my old mate.

From a human perspective that is Laughing 

5Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Empty Re: Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Thu Jul 17 2014, 11:26

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

You are quite correct Devil and I really don't care.

6Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Empty Re: Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Tue Dec 02 2014, 16:29

glassboypaul

Is there any news on when/if Nathan Bennett will be returning to the club.

One of the best, if not the best, centre half I have seen play for the Glassboys.

We need to re-sign him ASAP if he is available, and if he is willing.

7Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Empty Re: Nathan "The Legend" Bennett. Tue Dec 02 2014, 17:47

Nath

Nathan Bennett is my favourite Stour player of all time. Great player, brilliant reader of the game, wonderful defender and more importantly than anything, the nicest bloke you could ever wish to meet. Such a polite man, always took time out to speak, always appreciative and thankful of the support. His Mom and Dad watched him at every home game,lovely people, always bought a couple of raffle tickets off me, always with smiles on the faces.

From two Big Nath's at Stour every week we now have none.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum