Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA commission B team proposals

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FA commission B team proposals Empty FA commission B team proposals Fri May 09 2014, 18:52

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Sounds a bit half baked to me. Will just act as another brake on our progress through the divisions!

2FA commission B team proposals Empty Re: FA commission B team proposals Sat May 10 2014, 09:01

TRM

If 18 year olds are not good enough then sending them to play at Hartlepool and Southend will not make them any better. Concentrate on making them good enough in the first place and then they will get propoer opportunities at the top level. Ross Barkley, Jack Wilshere, Raheem Stirling have done ok because they are good enough and have worked hard enough to achieve.

We need more properly qualified coaches in junior football, which means making the coaching courses cheaper (currently at least five times more expensive than Spain and Germany), and we need to make youth coaching a seruious profession, not something a Dad does on a Sunday afternoon in his spare time. Less "win at all costs" kids games and more emphasis on ball control, passing to feet, dealing with the ball in tight situations, THINKING on your feet - English players, when they don't have the better brought up foreigners alongside to bail them out, look clueless and witless.

The "B League" is the wrong sticking plaster for the wrong problem.

3FA commission B team proposals Empty Re: FA commission B team proposals Tue May 27 2014, 17:15

Surely the best way to give kids a chance at the top level is to kick out all the foreign players from English football. After all 90% of the England team is selected from the premier league, and most of that is made up of players from other countries. It's no wonder we never succeed at major finals like the world cup, when there is such a limited choice of top flight players to choose from.

And I cannot see them getting many supporters to B team games either. Which means it will be one man & his dog with no atmosphere, just like we were back in our alliance days.

There should be a limit to the number of foreign players playing in a team, but that will never happen.

4FA commission B team proposals Empty Re: FA commission B team proposals Wed May 28 2014, 00:02

Devil's Advocate

sirsmilerIII wrote:Surely the best way to give kids a chance at the top level is to kick out all the foreign players from English football.  After all 90% of the England team is selected from the premier league, and most of that is made up of players from other countries.  It's no wonder we never succeed at major finals like the world cup, when there is such a limited choice of top flight players to choose from.

And I cannot see them getting many supporters to B team games either.  Which means it will be one man & his dog with no atmosphere, just like we were back in our alliance days.

There should be a limit to the number of foreign players playing in a team, but that will never happen.

Because we're part of the European Union we can't discriminate against European's playing at clubs.

Another good reason to vote UKip…. Laughing 

5FA commission B team proposals Empty Re: FA commission B team proposals Thu May 29 2014, 13:49

NickSFCB

Why should all "foreign" players be kicked out of the EPL? Players from other countries have just as much right to play the game in The Uk as British based players, as long as they have the correct paperwork etc. 

we don't succeed at the tournaments, not because "foreign" players are playing in our domestic league, but simply because the English players aren't good enough. When was the last truly world class English player? Ashley Cole? And as good as he was he's not the best left back of he's time (in my opinion- Maldini is far better- no disgrace to Ashley Cole). I personally don't care for The England National team (or international football in general). 

Every domestic league across Europe has "foreign" players participating in their leagues. Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal, the Netherlands don't seem to do too badly, when it comes to tournaments. I would of thought that playing alongside some of the best players in the world would help the development of young British players. Maybe not enough British players take the plunge and move out of their comfort zone, and play abroad, testing their ability in a different country whilst also helping them develop as a person off the field. 

I think it was TRM who said about coaching, again IMO this is a huge problem. There's not enough qualified coaches. I've watched my younger cousin play football in england and the focus is still on kick and rush, put the tallest/ most powerful kid upfront and let him hit the ball as hard as possible, in a goal which is twice the size it should be and on a pitch far too big for their age. Contrary to this, I have seen my friends son near Barcelona and they use a 6side, 15 minute each half using far smaller pitches and goals. We could sit here allday and discuss the proper way to play football and proper coaching methods, but that's not going to develop players.

I don't think a B league is the answer, however I don't think it is the worst solution. It works in Spain and Italy, and has helped the development of players such as Busquets, Pedro, Thiago, Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta, Messi (to a lesser extent as he's time in Barca B was limited due to him being in the 1st team so young) (I only use barca academy players, because quite frankly I don't care about other teams B teams etc). However it has been ingrained in the mentioned countries. So what if there's no atmosphere and no crowds? If it helps build for the future then that has to be the main concern. We've seen for ourselves at Stourbridge the draw of playing 1 of the local "Big" youth sides. So if say Accrington played Cardiff B then the attendance probably wouldn't be any lower then were they to be playing Burton Albion.

There's far too many young players who join the Big clubs with a dream of making it in the EPL earn big money and it never happens, mainly because they're not good enough and also they aren't given sufficient playing time, if a formation of a B league or inclusion of B teams in the Johnstone Paint Trophy, helps some youngsters to attain their goal of playing professionally then surely that's a good thing. Far too many talented players slip through the proverbial net.

As for voting UKIP, I think I'll give that a swerve. Each to their own on that count, but if voting UKIP is the answer then we have far bigger problems then discussing about a proposed B league.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum