Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hitchin away.

+13
Aled
Paranoid Android
Stourbridge81
oldhillglassboy
Tricky Tree
stour_boy
dave w
UlsterJim
brockmoor
TRM
baz
Jack
Devil's Advocate
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Hitchin away. Empty Hitchin away. Mon Apr 21 2014, 17:17

Devil's Advocate

So now we have to make sure we at least get a draw.

For long period's today as we were hammering Banbury and Hungerford were losing 2-0 at Chippenham it looked like our play off place was secure,football never ceases to amaze!

Hitchin is not a good "hunting ground" for us but Hungerford will be facing a tough Bideford side so all results are possible.

I shall be suffering extreme "squeaky bum" time on Saturday what with Stour and West Brom in vital matches,i just hope everything goes to plan.

Three supporter's coaches ( perhaps including the team bus ) going to Hitchin so the lads won't lack support.

COYGB.

2Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Mon Apr 21 2014, 17:23

Jack

Jack
Admin

Part of me thinks it's a good thing that we need a result there. Got to back the lads to get it the way we've been playing recently.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

3Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Mon Apr 21 2014, 17:33

baz

Was not gonna go if we were already in play off's as gotta night shift before and after match!! Still who needs sleep! Bring the matchsticks lol.

4Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Mon Apr 21 2014, 21:16

TRM

Plenty of demand for the coaches apparently. Deadline extended and bookings still being taken - but the fare MUST be paid in advance at the Club on Tuesday or Wednesday night.

5Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Mon Apr 21 2014, 21:38

Jack

Jack
Admin

Any idea of the actual numbers?

6Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Tue Apr 22 2014, 09:59

brockmoor

brockmoor

Slight dilemma here.

I would like to go, but.....

Havent got the car as mrs is going up Baggies!  Mad 

Im at wedding Friday Night and stopping over at hotel till Saturday Morning, so does anyone know time coaches are leaving ground.

Plus if monies have to be paid up front by Tuesday I cant do that as im away all week.  Sad 

7Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Tue Apr 22 2014, 10:07

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

brockmoor wrote:Slight dilemma here.

Im at wedding Friday Night and stopping over at hotel till Saturday Morning, so does anyone know time coaches are leaving ground.

Plus if monies have to be paid up front by Tuesday I cant do that as im away all week.  Sad 

They leave at 10.30am Brock. If you definitely want to go let me know by tomorrow night if you can and I will pay it for you and you can reimburse me on Saturday.

http://www.nibadges.com

8Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Tue Apr 22 2014, 10:10

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Jack wrote:Any idea of the actual numbers?

Approximately 70 so far have booked on the coaches. I would expect us to get more today and tomorrow.

http://www.nibadges.com

9Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Tue Apr 22 2014, 17:46

Jack

Jack
Admin

How many do we realistically think we can take on Saturday? 200?

10Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Tue Apr 22 2014, 18:00

brockmoor

brockmoor

UlsterJim wrote:
brockmoor wrote:Slight dilemma here.

They leave at 10.30am Brock.  If you definitely want to go let me know by tomorrow night if you can and I will pay it for you and you can reimburse me on Saturday.

Thanks Jim, unfortunately Im going to be pushing it to get back in time for 10.30 Sad

11Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Tue Apr 22 2014, 19:22

TRM

Jack wrote:How many do we realistically think we can take on Saturday? 200?

I think 200 is distinctly possible. Maybe more. We need to turn this into a home game. Hitchin have nothing to play for so their supporters will be in "end of season" mode and we can dominate off the field.

One stat to be wary of - Hitchin are the only team to stop Hemel scoring across both games this season. Beat them 2-0 on the opening day and got a 0-0 draw by parking the bus (by their own admission) a week or so back in the return.

12Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Tue Apr 22 2014, 20:58

dave w

TRM wrote:
Jack wrote:How many do we realistically think we can take on Saturday? 200?

I think 200 is distinctly possible. Maybe more. We need to turn this into a home game. Hitchin have nothing to play for so their supporters will be in "end of season" mode and we can dominate off the field.

One stat to be wary of - Hitchin are the only team to stop Hemel scoring across both games this season. Beat them 2-0 on the opening day and got a 0-0 draw by parking the bus (by their own admission) a week or so back in the return.

201. I'm hoping to be there, as it's a well-known fact that Hitchin is on the way from Kent to south Birmingham.

13Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Tue Apr 22 2014, 21:43

TRM

Eight members of the extended TRM family for starters...

14Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Wed Apr 23 2014, 12:38

TRM

Heard from Jim that the supporters coaches are now departing from OLD WHARF ROAD, not from the ground.

The players coach WILL be departing from the ground.

15Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Wed Apr 23 2014, 12:58

baz

If anyone is goin back stour way after match and can drop me back that be great,just means get an hour sleep before work!

16Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Wed Apr 23 2014, 13:01

Jack

Jack
Admin

Would it be worth trying to flip ends at the toss? So we attack the small covered terrace second half enclosed, instead of the large roofless terrace the other end?

17Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Wed Apr 23 2014, 15:38

TRM

Never mind that - I want to know if Tricky's still standing by his "we won't reach the play-offs" prediction.

Tricky - really sorry I can't give you a lift on Saturday. Under any other circumstances it wouldn't be a problem.

18Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Thu Apr 24 2014, 07:41

stour_boy

stour_boy

Glad we need to get something from this game. Last season's game at Chippenham was seen by many commentators as being a factor in the defeat to Gosport as it disturbed our superb form before that game.

19Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Thu Apr 24 2014, 08:55

baz

Dont forget Poole should of been in the mix,dont think their manager is saying,one of those things,after their 3 point reduction now!

20Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Thu Apr 24 2014, 20:57

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

TRM wrote:Never mind that - I want to know if Tricky's still standing by his "we won't reach the play-offs" prediction.

Tricky - really sorry I can't give you a lift on Saturday. Under any other circumstances it wouldn't be a problem.

Three less there now Ricardo.... Sad 

I've already stated on a previous thread that I would love to be proven wrong and will happily eat humble pie....

21Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Fri Apr 25 2014, 18:34

Jack

Jack
Admin

So how are the nerves folks?!

4-2 Stour with around 200 fans from us.

22Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Fri Apr 25 2014, 18:46

TRM

Not making any predictions.

I know it would be great to be safe and secure in a play-off spot, but you just cannot beat all that Last Day Tension!

All I will say is good luck to the players and management. We've had ups and downs this season, and it has not been all plain sailing. I've looked back over a few threads today and it does make you realise some of the low ebbs we've been at - Burnham away, Bideford at home, and a few others.

In the end we (by which I mean the team) have slogged our guts out and been magnificent over the last couple of months to haul ourselves back to where we are now. Poole and Chesham away, even down at Hemel we were superb, turning round games against Corby and Biggleswade. For a long time I honestly thought we'd given ourselves too much to do with Poole having all those games in hand and Hungerford going like a train.

But here we are with things in our own hands and 90 minutes left.

All that hard work is just NOT going to go to waste. It just WILL NOT.

COYG!!!

23Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Fri Apr 25 2014, 20:18

oldhillglassboy

Let's hope we get the result, effectively into knockout football now, could be 1 game or 3, nervous times ahead. Have managed to wrangle out of other commitments to go on the coach tomorrow and sure will we have good support, hope it isn't waterlogged!

I will happily eat my hat, served with humble pie if we do make it as post Bideford I didn't think we had any hope. It's been a more difficult season than the previous two, ending with an entirely different defensive lineup to what we started with, but we are in our best form right now, let's make it count.

24Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Fri Apr 25 2014, 20:41

brockmoor

brockmoor

Absolutely gutted I cant make it tomorrow but I will be glued to my phone for updates.

Fingers crossed I can still be witness to two further games this season.

Come on lads we can do this.

RedArmyRedArmy

25Hitchin away. Empty Re: Hitchin away. Fri Apr 25 2014, 20:56

Stourbridge81

Based on recent performances feeling fairly confident we will get a victory tomorrow. Probably sums up a strange season of ups and downs in that we end up with a makeshift back three that seems to work even though it contains a midfielder and two strikers! Also allows the full backs to play to their strengths as both Haynes and Sensara both look good going forward. COYG.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum