Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Signing?

+2
stour_boy
TRM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Signing? Empty New Signing? Wed Mar 26 2014, 15:08

TRM

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/suttoncoldfieldtownfc/news/kettle-leaves-for-glassboys-1187938.html

Not heard anything official from our side yet, though I was told at the weekend that it was in the pipeline. Don't know anything about him.

2New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Wed Mar 26 2014, 21:44

TRM

Now confirmed...

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/news/glassboys-bring-in-defender-kettle-1188383.html

3New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Wed Mar 26 2014, 22:26

TRM

Updated, as we've also signed Brian Smikle from Altrincham...

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/news/glassboys-bring-in-two-1188383.html

When I was growing up it would have been utterly unthinkable for us to sign a player from ALTRINCHAM. They were, like, the Manchester United of Non League football!

4New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Wed Mar 26 2014, 23:11

stour_boy

stour_boy

Sounds good! Lets hope they get a good chance at fitting in, rather than being "hung out to dry".

5New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Wed Mar 26 2014, 23:44

Devil's Advocate

Being an Albion fan i remembered Brian's name and i wish him and Kettle well.

I hope being in a dire Stafford Ranger's side hasn't had an adverse effect,his pedigree is pretty good and he must have played a full season in the league with Cheltenham as well as load's of Conference Prem with Kiddie and Hereford.

6New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Thu Mar 27 2014, 06:26

TRM

Comment from an Alty supporter on the Non-League Forum...

"He was released before Xmas and had been playing for Stafford Rangers. He did nothing at Alty apart from one superb volley when he came on as a sub against Gloucester, but to be fair the lad spent almost his entire time on the bench and when he came on didn't inspire. I heard he lost interest in footy when at Hereford, he always looked quality when he played against us for Kiddy. Really nice lad who was well liked by the team but not the player he once was. Hope he gets some games and does well for you."

7New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 07:53

brockmoor

brockmoor

For the second season in succession i fear its to late. If we had started the season with the current squad i believe we would have gone close to winning the league, but here we are scrapping around for the final play off place.
We have money in the bank, we should have done much more earlier in season.
Fingers crossed we can scrape in at the expense of Cambridge, but were likely to have to win our final six games.
Red Army

8New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 09:05

TRM

brockmoor wrote:Fingers crossed we can scrape in at the expense of Cambridge, but were likely to have to win our final six games.
Red Army

I'd keep an eye on Hungerford as much as Cambridge. 9 points behind with four games in hand. five wins and a draw in their last six. Looked very "efficient" when they played up here. lots of games to play but apart from home games against Poole and Hemel their run-in is not as tricky as some.

9New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 12:43

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

We will NOT make the play offs.

10New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 12:47

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:We will NOT make the play offs.

Thank you John Motson.

11New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 13:11

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:

Thank you John Motson.

No problem at all Dickie Davies.

Tis a fact.

12New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 15:51

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

Thank you John Motson.

No problem at all Dickie Davies.

Tis a fact.

Let's deal with this one in the way that you would Ethan if you were replying to the same sort of post by Jack,Jim,TRM or anybody.

It will become a "fact" at the moment it becomes a fact which is at the point it is mathematically impossible for it to happen,with many games still to play it is a long way from being a "fact" i am glad to say.

Add to this the improved form of out team,both you and i have been critical of some dire performances this season but the last two games,especially the attacking side of our play at Hemel,have given me renewed hope and optimism.

We've also added two new players this week and hopefully Will's injury will allow him to play again by next week so this should give us a boost.

Theres another factor to consider that i didn't realise until speaking to Gary and Andy at Redditch on Thursday evening.

Poole have a ground grading visit next week i believe,rumour has it that their present ground still may not reach the standard required for their present division let alone promotion to one of the conference divisions.

I'm not sure of the exact rules,TRM will probably shed light on this subject,there was conjecture last night as to just how penal the punishment could be for them if they've failed to meet those standards?

I think the Frome match and next Thursday at Poole will crystallise the situation Tricky but i don't think it's game over for us yet.

Maybe i've got this wrong,you could well have been commenting on Forest's play off chances,if so your assumption carry's much more weight :-))

13New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 15:57

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

FACT that neither the mighty Tricky tree's nor Stour will make the play offs.

14New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 16:13

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:FACT that neither the mighty Tricky tree's nor Stour will make the play offs.

Blatantly not "fact" but seeing as you're obviously having a bad day i'll leave it at that old chap.

15New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 16:31

As Tricky is adamant it is FACT and my predictions are never right, then I predict that Tricky's fact will most certainly become a fact. This means it will become fiction instead Wink 

16New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 16:40

Brian Handy

According to E & S we have signed GK John Bateman from Evesham and he is in squad for tomorrow.

17New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 17:06

Devil's Advocate

Brian Handy wrote:According to E & S we have signed GK John Bateman from Evesham and he is in squad for tomorrow.

I wonder who he might be replacing?

You can never be sure at our place,if i was Benbow i'd be worried!

18New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Fri Mar 28 2014, 18:52

brockmoor

brockmoor

I find it some what bewildering, that its taken our three coaching staff over 40 competitive games to realise that Coleman is poo.

These are my own personal thoughts of course which are meaningless as I know f*** *** about football. Very Happy

19New Signing? Empty Re: New Signing? Sat Mar 29 2014, 22:32

brockmoor wrote:as I know f*** *** about football. Very Happy

Oi!, there's only one idiot on this forum and that is me lol! 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum