Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Truro at home on Tuesday.

+6
stour_boy
UlsterJim
NickSFCB
Aled
TRM
Devil's Advocate
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Truro at home on Tuesday. Sat Jan 25 2014, 16:25

Devil's Advocate

Horrible trip for them on a weekday.

Let's make their life a misery!

2Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Sat Jan 25 2014, 16:26

TRM

You mean have it called off bang on kick off time again?  Laughing 

3Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Sat Jan 25 2014, 16:31

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:You mean have it called off bang on kick off time again?  Laughing 

I was tempted to say that Rich but considering my berating of today's ref and my defence of the small clubs i thought it was a step too far.

4Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Sun Jan 26 2014, 22:58

Devil's Advocate

After the techyness of today i think it would be a good idea for the forum member's to meet up in the clubhouse before one of the matches,Truro perhaps unless Smiler and TRM get it called off ( only joking! )

If we all wear a red carnation and carry a rolled up copy of Andy Hill's 1976-77 Stour handbook ( with me pictured behind Maurice Head and Mickey Moore in the team photo :-) ) then our secret society can easily spot one another.

Seriously boys,if anyone wants to meet up Tuesday i'll happily buy the first round to show there's no hard feelings on my part.

I have to say that everyone i've actually got to know off the forum is someone i'm now glad to know and who i know count as a friend.

Initially i thought Tricky was an oaf but i was proved wrong,he's a top lad just like Jim,Baz,Brock,Aled and i'm sure a whole lot more.

Hope to see everyone Tuesday.

5Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Sun Jan 26 2014, 23:03

Aled

I'm struggling to make it Tuesday so have one for me boys! At least no one can get glassed with the plastic glasses lol

6Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Sun Jan 26 2014, 23:50

NickSFCB

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Seriously boys,if anyone wants to meet up Tuesday i'll happily buy the first round to show there's no hard feelings on my part.

I'm tempted to get a flight back for a free drink  Razz 

7Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Mon Jan 27 2014, 00:23

Devil's Advocate

NickSFCB wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

I'm tempted to get a flight back for a free drink  Razz 

Look forward to meeting you Nick but on this occasion please don't panic as Tricky will drink your allocation!

8Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Mon Jan 27 2014, 17:15

Devil's Advocate

Weather looking dodgy for Tuesday i'm hearing :-(

Have you and Nigel called it off yet Rich :-)

9Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Mon Jan 27 2014, 20:39

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2636769

Not looking good.

http://www.nibadges.com

10Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Mon Jan 27 2014, 20:47

I hope the game isn't called off, just abandoned at Half-time Laughing 

11Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 16:01

Devil's Advocate

Do we know if theres a pitch inspection due at anytime tonight?

There is more rain forecast for this afternoon and this evening and with Truro making a hideous journey i wondered if an early inspection was going to take place?

I trust this message will fall within my allotted daily allocation.

12Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 16:14

TRM

No inspection necessary. One assumes Truro are en route by now!

13Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 16:17

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil's Advocate wrote:Do we know if theres a pitch inspection due at anytime tonight?

There is more rain forecast for this afternoon and this evening and with Truro making a hideous journey i wondered if an early inspection was going to take place?

I trust this message will fall within my allotted daily allocation.

Id imagine the Truro coach would have left at lunchtime so any precautionary pitch inspection would therefore have been this morning, as we have to pay for their coach, if the game is called off after they leave. I'm guessing we are liable for Biggleswade's coach on Saturday though, but may be wrong.

I hope the rain stays off as I'm looking forward to tonight's banter.

14Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 16:18

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

TRM wrote:No inspection necessary. One assumes Truro are en route by now!

Unless they have a private jet I hope so!

15Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 16:34

Aled

**Newsflash** Aled can make it tonight (it'll be off now for sure).

16Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 16:41

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:No inspection necessary. One assumes Truro are en route by now!

It's due to rain before,during and after kick off Rich and be heavy at times.

Why therefore no further inspection is necessary doesn't make sense.

If it wasn't fit on Saturday,it's rained plenty since then AND it's now due to rain again i wonder just how "playable' the pitch is at 7.30/8.00pm tonight compared to Saturday?

17Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 17:44

TRM

I was told this morning that the pitch was fine* last night and still fine first thing this morning. I don't know whether there has been any rain in Stour today but there hasn't been a drop in West Brom, so I'd guess not much, if any at all.

Why not leave it up to the club to decide if an inspection is needed?

As for rain BEING DUE, we'll have to tackle that as it comes. As with Saturday it will be up to the match referee to monitor conditions once he arrives at the ground and through the game. The rest of us will have to abide by any decision he makes.

I don't see what's difficult with any of that.

*EDIT - to be strictly accurate the word used was "ok", rather than "fine."

18Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:22

Aled

Ooooohhhh someone's got his mardy arse on!

19Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:07

stour_boy

stour_boy

Will be late due to work. No early goals please...

20Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:10

StourLeedsMark

That glorious moment when it is a 6 week pay month, after xmas, you've paid for your holiday in June, haven't drunk all month and then you realise that its petrol money to get to work until Friday or go to the match..... And out of desperation you pull all the jeans out ofthe wash basket and go through the ticket pockets only to discover.... A note with the queen on it and the words written across it... 'You shall go to the (foot)ball Cinderella' !!!!!!

21Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:14

stour_boy

stour_boy

Team:

Coleman
Canavan
Richards
Sansara
Geddes
Francis
Harris
Broadhurst
Brown
Billingham
Berwick

22Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:15

stour_boy

stour_boy

Subs: Haynes Fitzpatrick Rock Tye Murphy

23Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 20:07

stour_boy

stour_boy

0-1

24Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 20:19

stour_boy

stour_boy

HT 0-1

25Truro at home on Tuesday. Empty Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. Tue Jan 28 2014, 20:40

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-1 Brown

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum