Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arlesley Town at home.

+14
rasam
Dave the Glassboy
brockmoor
barnstoneworth
redpike
stoursi
oldhillglassboy
Aled
stour_boy
StourLeedsMark
Paranoid Android
TRM
Devil's Advocate
UlsterJim
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 00:37

rasam

Disappointed today but dont think its the end of the world unlike devil and stour si who are at their usual critical best id hate to stranded on a desert island with them thankfully there are some balanced views about the game on this thread.keep smiling

27Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 00:38

rasam

Disappointed today but dont think its the end of the world unlike devil and stour si who are at their usual critical best id hate to be stranded on a desert island with them thankfully there are some balanced views about the game on this thread.keep smiling

28Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 02:44

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Arelesey were p**s poor today(yesterday)but we were even worse.

Regarding fa cup money,I thought we agreed today that it had been wisely spent on new fencing down the cricket pitch side of the ground.

I've spent tonight on a lovely fee night out courtesy of my old football team....low and behold who do I bump into?....no less than half the stour team in the VIP area of a night club in Worcester.....I was kindly invited into said area and had a lovely chat with a few players.....
I'm gunna do a Brockmoor now and shut up shop..
Bostin night after a crap game.

29Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 08:08

Taniwha

I couldn't be there yesterday due to other commitments (not Christmas shopping I hasten to add!) so cannot comment on the game but it sounds disappointing. I will be there on Tuesday so hopefully it will improve.

In terms of the comments around the squad, I'm sure I read in the Stourbridge News that Gary was looking to strengthen and had a few targets in mind so I'll look to the positives in that.

30Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 15:11

glassboypaul

I think everyone is being very harsh on Arlesey. They were a good hard working side who didn't settle for 1-0 and who kept working hard. To think otherwise smacks of a "big time charlie" attitude....as is wanting the chairman to invest millions(!!) in the squad as if w'ere some premier league outfit. WHY would these talented, experienced Step 2 players want to come to Stourbridge for presumably less ££? Everyone bangs on about signing "proven' players but fails to name any.

Although it is strange as Preston looks like Step 2 quality but has been rested, and the squad is small but Drake has left, so mr.DA is correct in some comments about squad size and strange team selections like Brown in midfield on sat but sorry i don't agree with everything like spending money on big players. the chairman spent money on big players before, mackey left for more money and im sure everyone agrees that rowey is off colour, so throwing money about on players doesnt always reap rewards as can be seen from Macky and Rowe.

We know the current squad is capable of beating top and middle level teams in the league - Poole, Weymouth, Bideford. So I don't think the blame is squarly with management as they can't do anything about poor performances from players who are capable of better.

I sit in the main stand as behind the goal is usually a bit "rough and ready' which isn't suitable for my kids, but thought it seemed quiet behind the goal today. We need to get behind the players during the match to cheer them on which was clear at stevenage.

31Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 18:01

stoursi

To the people who think I think this is the end of the world are totally stupid. All I want is for the club to move forward as I am sure the chairman and the manager want too. Finished sixth season before last, play offs last year therefore for Gary to move the club forward it has to be play off final or champions.

Can't speak for DA but for me Gary has to be given the chance so if that means we have to pay a bit more than we should give it a go. No I don't want us to break the bank.

As for Mackey for me the signing was too late in the season. Personally I didn't think he made that much impression apart from the first game he played.

Not sure what the club should do with Ryan. Sometimes him and Luke look likely the partnership is jellying then the next game it looks like they have never played together. For me both want to score instead of wanting the team to score.

Seen Preston play twice and he doesn't look any better than what we have or had before so for me just send him back after the loan spell is over.

Two areas for me we need to improve are competition for Dean. A captain that shows commitment and grab the game and show others what is expected when the game is against us.

For me most of DA comments are spot on some peoples comments seem to be based on seeing certain games and not all.

Surely all we want is promotion to give the players and management the chance to play at a higher level.

32Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 18:11

stoursi

One comment about we must get behind the team.

I think that's what certain fans on this forum do when the game is on and show total commitment in getting to games.

But at the end of the day we all have different opinions on what we really want.

For me if we dont get promotion certain people will walk away from Stourbridge and that will be the biggest shame.

33Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 19:23

rasam

Is that the non believers stour si or Do u have inside info about who will walk away.i cannot claim to have watched football at the club every Saturday for the last 30 years but I thoroughly enjoy the games I am able to see win lose or draw.I respect your opinion but find the negativity from you and others quite amazing. You obviously know the manager and chairman quite well I don't but they appear to want to take the club in the right direction. Looking forward to Tuesday but away over Christmas so hope I can get the results.

34Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 19:40

brockmoor

brockmoor

rasam wrote:Is that the non believers stour si or Do u have inside info about who will walk away.i cannot claim to have watched football at the club every Saturday for the last 30 years but I thoroughly enjoy the games I am able to see win lose or draw.I respect your opinion but find the negativity from you and others quite amazing. You obviously know the manager and chairman quite well I don't but they appear to want to take the club in the right direction. Looking forward to Tuesday but away over Christmas so hope I can get the results.

Are you Alan Whicker?  Rolling Eyes 

35Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 19:52

rasam

Your not far off the mark brockmoor I travel quite a bit

36Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 19:56

brockmoor

brockmoor

rasam wrote:Your not far off the mark brockmoor I travel quite a bit

That's a no then.  Shocked 

37Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Sun Dec 15 2013, 21:39

Brian Handy

MotM was Luke with 12 votes, Sean received 7 ,Will 3 , Dean, Kayleden , Jamie and 'Nobody worthy of a vote' all 1 vote.

Neil Stevens-Wood won the wine.

38Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Mon Dec 16 2013, 16:44

Paranoid Android

An insipid performance against a well organised team.
Credit to Arlesley for playing decent football throughout.

With 10 minutes gone i felt that it was one of those `it ain`t gonna happen` days,unfortunately i was right.
We failed to stop their no 11 from running through our midfield and the movement of  their no 9 proved a problem in the first half.

Perhaps now it`s time to mix things up a little with the line ups?

I would push Will into midfield to add a bit of drive,we seem too flat there.
He could also support Luke up front.
Ryan on the bench for impact later on.
We lacked balance particularly with Brown & Francis in the wide positions so i`d like to see us push for a genuine wide player(or give George a run)to give the midfield more options.
We play quick football to feet extremely well-so spread the play more,against a disciplined(but limited)Arlesley we played into their hands too much.

Up the Glassboys!

39Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Mon Dec 16 2013, 17:16

brockmoor

brockmoor

Paranoid Android wrote:

Im really starting to think I went to a completely different game on Saturday to some others?  Shocked 

40Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Mon Dec 16 2013, 17:32

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

brockmoor wrote:
Paranoid Android wrote:

Im really starting to think I went to a completely different game on Saturday to some others?  Shocked 

I'm with you Brockmoor....were they really that good?
I thought they were very ordinary which makes the result even worse.

41Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Tue Dec 17 2013, 09:22

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Tricky Tree wrote:
brockmoor wrote:
Paranoid Android wrote:

I'm with you two. They were better than us on the day but that's all they were. And all they needed to be. But very ordinary, very limited and definitely nothing special.

42Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Tue Dec 17 2013, 11:14

TRM

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:
brockmoor wrote:
Paranoid Android wrote:

I'm with you two. They were better than us on the day but that's all they were. And all they needed to be. But very ordinary, very limited and definitely nothing special.

Sounds like a perfect description of Burnham the other week.

And Chippenham (at Stour, obviously), and Hungerford.

43Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Tue Dec 17 2013, 13:40

stour_boy

stour_boy

I personally thought they offered much more than Chippenham (home) did, and way, way more than Burnham. Burnham had two chances and took both. Arlesey created more and didn't sit back on their lead too much.

Similar to both Chippenham (home) and Burnham though, they were best at defending and limiting us to precious few chances.

If I was a fan of the opposition I'd be delighted after Arlesey's win as I thought it was a classic away performance. Chippenham was a bit of a smash and grab in a poor game and Burnham was just terrible for 90 minutes for any fan of football!

44Arlesley Town at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlesley Town at home. Tue Dec 17 2013, 14:48

Paranoid Android

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:
brockmoor wrote:
Paranoid Android wrote:

We were at the same game-just a different opinion Rolling Eyes 

They tried to knock the ball about rather than hoof it forward,makes a refreshing change so fair play to them.
As i said decent,not great,not world class,not top of the league material... just decent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum