Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burr leaving Kiddy

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Burr leaving Kiddy  Empty Burr leaving Kiddy Fri Nov 01 2013, 17:22

Jack

Jack
Admin

Tonight Kiddy have given FGR permission to speak to Burr about the job. Think the repercussions of this regarding Rowey may be interesting. It's widely known that Burr and Ryan didn't get on-(Perhaps Burr should actually be thankful of Ryan, after Rowey single handedly saved his job)-maybe the new man may fancy him more? Who knows.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

2Burr leaving Kiddy  Empty Re: Burr leaving Kiddy Fri Nov 01 2013, 17:33

TRM

Or he may want rid of the "dead wood" (not my choice of phrase) once and for all to clear the decks to bring new players in.

Unless Kiddy line up a deal to sell Rowey to another Conference Club, which I would have thought unlikely, then I can't really see them taking him back in January, whoever the manager is, unless they have a massive injury crisis.

3Burr leaving Kiddy  Empty Re: Burr leaving Kiddy Fri Nov 01 2013, 20:41

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Or he may want rid of the "dead wood" (not my choice of phrase) once and for all to clear the decks to bring new players in.

Unless Kiddy line up a deal to sell Rowey to another Conference Club, which I would have thought unlikely, then I can't really see them taking him back in January, whoever the manager is, unless they have a massive injury crisis.
My belief is that we have first Dib's regarding Ryan and that it's up to us and Ryan to decide if we want to continue our relationship once January comes,i don't believe Kiddie can trump that deal.

I'm amazed Burr would want to leave Kiddie for FG.

Don't get me wrong,their set up and chairman is a very nice looking set up but surely Kiddie is the bigger club and the better long term bet.

I wonder if MONEY has reared it's ugly head?

4Burr leaving Kiddy  Empty Re: Burr leaving Kiddy Fri Nov 01 2013, 20:49

TRM

The thread is about 7 pages long already on Kiddy's forum (probably more by now) and everybody has a different theory on how this has come about. As far as I can see the only reasons why I would leave Kiddy for FGR if I was Burr would be:

1. Kiddy are in the mire again and need to cut their budget, and/or...

2. FGR have offered him considerably more money AND mega-bucks to strengthen the squad, and/or...

3. There has been a huge bust-up at Kiddy, either before or after this issue came up.

5Burr leaving Kiddy  Empty Re: Burr leaving Kiddy Fri Nov 01 2013, 23:24

Jack

Jack
Admin

I'd suggest TRM it's a combination of all 3! There have been whisperings that all is not right off the field relating to finances so that surely has a part to play?!

Leaving for Forest Green just doesn't make sense if it was for footballing reasons. Moreover, I think finances do have a lot to play with, but I'd suggest Burr may well be jumping before January. Kiddy are sitting on a goldmine with players such as Dunkley, Malbon & Lolley.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]