Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fashion police

+7
stour_boy
NickSFCB
dave w
Brian Handy
Jane.N
Devil's Advocate
baz
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fashion police Empty Fashion police Fri Nov 01 2013, 14:02

baz

A lighthearted debate about Stour supporters,old and new, and their clothing habits,over to my Gok Wans?!Wink 

2Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Fri Nov 01 2013, 20:32

baz wrote:A lighthearted debate about Stour supporters,old and new, and their clothing habits,over to my Gok Wans?!Wink 
I suppose I could start with Martin, who always seemed to wear the same coat to every game.  And then there was beasties benny hat that ended up on top of a van, but don't mention my red or orange Jeans nor that bright orange shirt with flowers on it that I've worn in the past Wink 

3Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Fri Nov 01 2013, 20:50

Devil's Advocate

One of our regular poster's is well known for how high he wear's his trouser's!

He's the only bloke i know who get's asked by the assistant "what chest size do you require sir" when he shop's for new "slacks" as Nathan so aptly described them the other night.

We also have "Roy Cropper" with the shopping bag as an accessory.

My "Beanie hat" and choice of shorts during the early and pre season have received very unfair comment in some quarters ( Brock and Tricky ). It's hard to take sartorial advice from two people who shop at Matalan for their clothing to be honest!

I have to say that Baz is on very dodgy ground starting such a thread,rumour has it that an operation at Russell's Hall will be required to remove him from his favourite grey fleece!

4Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Fri Nov 01 2013, 22:03

baz

And i thought you would mention my Adidas jogging trousers first DA lol gotta say simon takes some beating,not sure if his stour shirt has ever seen the washer!

5Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Fri Nov 01 2013, 22:05

baz

We could include away fans in the thread as well,a certain family member of mine mentions Halesowen take some beating!

6Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Fri Nov 01 2013, 22:48

Devil's Advocate

baz wrote:And i thought you would mention my Adidas jogging trousers first DA lol gotta say simon takes some beating,not sure if his stour shirt has ever seen the washer!

I saw Simon staggering down Enville St yesterday,he looked in a terrible state.

A very sad sight to be honest.

7Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sat Nov 02 2013, 00:00

Jane.N

I saw him a couple of weeks ago in town. It made me quite sad really. He was wearing his stour shirt - a team he has followed loyally home and away for some years - but he, as you say DA, looked dreadful. He really needs some pretty serious help I would say. Neutral 

8Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sat Nov 02 2013, 00:14

Devil's Advocate

Jane.N wrote:I saw him a couple of weeks ago in town. It made me quite sad really. He was wearing his stour shirt - a team he has followed loyally home and away for some years - but he, as you say DA, looked dreadful. He really needs some pretty serious help I would say. Neutral 
Yes Jane,i hear he's staying away due to not fully paying for the season ticket he had on "tick" last year.

He's been following Stour since the mid 70's like me,we were teenagers down there at the same time.

He's obviously in a distressed state,perhaps us regulars should get together to smooth his way back to the club on match days,it might be the only "family" of sorts that he actually has.

A bit of charity wouldn't go amiss in this case and the same with "The Beast" as well.

I'll have a chat with the regular crew on Tuesday night to get their feeling's on the matter to see what they feel might be appropriate,i trust you'll join in the discussion.

9Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sat Nov 02 2013, 00:22

Jane.N

I completely agree. I know nothing about 'him outside football' and I dont really need to, but I did feel sad seeing him like that. He adds a certain humour to the games - and I dont mean that disrespectfully.

10Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sat Nov 02 2013, 00:25

Devil's Advocate

Jane.N wrote:I completely agree. I know nothing about 'him outside football' and I dont really need to, but I did feel sad seeing him like that. He adds a certain humour to the games - and I dont mean that disrespectfully.
I very much agree Jane.

Some people don't appreciate "help" in any shape or form but i feel this is worth discussion amongst us regular's that know of him.

I'll speak to Jim and Nath first about it as they obviously know him well.

11Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sat Nov 02 2013, 11:00

Brian Handy

Simon was one of the first people I got to know when I started supporting Stour in 1980.
He was always there with his mom and of course his radio.
He was (and still is) a character with a great sense of humour and I always enjoy a chat with him.
When Mark Serrell galvanised the supporters into helping at the ground on a week night Simon was one of the first to offer help.
He also took over the MotM competition when Steve sadly passed away, before passing the baton to me.
Over the years Simon has been a loyal supporter and it is terrible that he has got into such a state.
Not living in Stourbridge the last time I saw him was at the last match he attended, but speaking to Alex recentlyhe is in a bad state , just as you describe.
I will be happy to join in any initiative to help Simon.
Perhaps this is a situation where a club Chaplain could be of assistance?

Last edited by Brian Handy on Sat Nov 02 2013, 11:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add final comment)

12Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sat Nov 02 2013, 11:17

Devil's Advocate

Brian Handy wrote:Simon was one of the first people I got to know when I started supporting Stour in 1980.
He was always there with his mom and of course his radio.
He was (and still is) a character with a great sense of humour and I always enjoy a chat with him.
When Mark Serrell galvanised the supporters into helping at the ground on a week night Simon was one of the first to offer help.
He also took over the MotM competition when Steve sadly passed away, before passing the baton to me.
Over the years Simon has been a loyal supporter and it is terrible that he has got into such a state.
Not living in Stourbridge the last time I saw him was at the last match he attended, but speaking to Alex recentlyhe is in a bad state , just as you describe.
I will be happy to join in any initiative to help Simon.
Perhaps this is a situation where a club Chaplain could be of assistance?

Well said Brian.

13Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sat Nov 02 2013, 21:04

dave w

Maybe if we could find out how much he owes and how much the club would accept to wipe the slate clean, we could sort it between ourselves. Then if he still doesn't feel like coming to the match we could arrange for him to be collected, looked after and taken home afterwards. Little things like that might make a difference.

14Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sun Nov 03 2013, 09:37

I have spoken to simon recently and he told me that he'd only paid for half of the money for last season's ticket, he also told me that after paying his bills he cannot afford to watch Stour every week. This is a shame as I've known him ever since I started watching stour in 1980, and no matter how drunk he gets he's still a great laugh to be with every game Smile 

15Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sun Nov 03 2013, 12:42

NickSFCB

Yer I saw Simon staggering down the Stourbridge High Street at 11.00 on a Tuesday? Wearing a shirt with "I think he's gay" and an arrow.
I'd happily put my hand in my pocket to contribute to pay for last seasons season ticket and a small contribution towards a half for this season. The club needs people like simon, loyal fans who have been all over the country to obscure grounds and seen us lose to teams who probably average 35 a game.

16Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sun Nov 03 2013, 14:36

stour_boy

stour_boy

I remember something like this with The Beast (I think?) in our first season in the SLP. I can't remember how that was resolved though.

It's obviously a very delicate and difficult area for the club as they can't let every Tom Dick and Harry have a free ride, but at the same time we must look out for and look after our most loyal supporters, some of whom have been coming down to the ground for more than double my entire lifetime.

I'd also be more than happy to contribute. The loss of such an enjoyable hobby/interest must be very upsetting and can only be contributing to the current state of affairs.

I think if the club will write off last year's outstanding amount as a bad debt we could get a kitty in for a pro-rata ST for the rest of this season.

17Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sun Nov 03 2013, 17:04

dave w

It's a difficult one, not least because we're talking openly about somebody's personal life. Simon's problems obviously go a lot deeper than owing money to the club and he needs proper professional help, but but he has to make the first move himself. It's easy for me to say this as I'm a distance away but could someone go round his house and talk to him?

18Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sun Nov 03 2013, 20:46

TRM

I must admit, although I feel huge, huge sympathy for Simon, like Dave I do feel a little uneasy discussing somebody's personal circumstances in this way, which is partly why I haven't commented until now.

Simon has been around at Stour, with his Mum for many years, for as long as I can remember, and it's a terrible shame that for whatever reason he isn't around these days. As Brian has said already, he frequently came out with some of the sharpest, wittiest one-liners I've ever heard and is much brighter than some might unfairly give him credit for.

If a way can be found to get him back "in the fold" then I would be all in favour of doing a little bit to help. Beyond that I don't really think it's fair to him that we should discuss it further on here.

19Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Sun Nov 03 2013, 23:10

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:I must admit, although I feel huge, huge sympathy for Simon, like Dave I do feel a little uneasy discussing somebody's personal circumstances in this way, which is partly why I haven't commented until now.

Simon has been around at Stour, with his Mum for many years, for as long as I can remember, and it's a terrible shame that for whatever reason he isn't around these days. As Brian has said already, he frequently came out with some of the sharpest, wittiest one-liners I've ever heard and is much brighter than some might unfairly give him credit for.

If a way can be found to get him back "in the fold" then I would be all in favour of doing a little bit to help. Beyond that I don't really think it's fair to him that we should discuss it further on here.
To be fair TRM this wasn't opened by Baz as "The Simon" thread,Simon happened to get mentioned and i just remarked that i'd seen him looking in quite a distressed state a few days ago.

The subsequent posts ( including your own ) have been a generous outpouring of sympathy towards the chap and i think that says a lot about Simon himself and you guys who know him far better than i do.

I intend to try and get something sorted in regards to getting Simon back into the fold and i'll report back once i've done some work behind the scenes.

To get back on topic there are a good number of you out there who wear "crimes against fashion" and i do feel the "name and shame" should continue.

Alan Oakley's short's will need to be framed at some stage and hung on the clubhouse wall.

20Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Mon Nov 04 2013, 06:24

TRM

I promise you, DA, I meant no criticism of any of the posts on the subject. Far from it.

21Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Mon Nov 04 2013, 09:36

Whilst on the topic of Fashion there is also Dave the Dog with his painted fingernails & Tights, you can't get much more bizarre than that Shocked

22Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Mon Nov 04 2013, 13:11

Aled

I saw Simon in town a few weeks back. I have always remembered him to be a lovely chap and indeed, as TRM mentioned, far brighter than appearances suggest. I too would be happy to contribute to paying his debt and see him (if he wants to) return to the Stour family.

23Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Mon Nov 04 2013, 13:12

Paranoid Android

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:I must admit, although I feel huge, huge sympathy for Simon, like Dave I do feel a little uneasy discussing somebody's personal circumstances in this way, which is partly why I haven't commented until now.

To be fair TRM this wasn't opened by Baz as "The Simon" thread,Simon happened to get mentioned and i just remarked that i'd seen him looking in quite a distressed state a few days ago.

The subsequent posts ( including your own ) have been a generous outpouring of sympathy towards the chap and i think that says a lot about Simon himself and you guys who know him far better than i do.

I intend to try and get something sorted in regards to getting Simon back into the fold and i'll report back once i've done some work behind the scenes.

To get back on topic there are a good number of you out there who wear "crimes against fashion" and i do feel the "name and shame" should continue.

Alan Oakley's short's will need to be framed at some stage and hung on the clubhouse wall.
Yes it`s a sensitive subject but fair play to those that want to help.

I`ll have a word with a` big cheese`on the supporters commitee on Saturday to get a bit of feedback.

24Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Mon Nov 04 2013, 14:20

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

sirsmilerIII wrote:Whilst on the topic of Fashion there is also Dave the Dog with his painted fingernails & Tights, you can't get much more bizarre than that Shocked
Bloody hell you could start a seperate thread on Dave and his choice of clobber.Very Happy
Not forgetting his "purse".

25Fashion police Empty Re: Fashion police Mon Nov 04 2013, 14:29

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:
sirsmilerIII wrote:Whilst on the topic of Fashion there is also Dave the Dog with his painted fingernails & Tights, you can't get much more bizarre than that Shocked
Bloody hell you could start a seperate thread on Dave and his choice of clobber.Very Happy
Not forgetting his "purse".

Remember,him and "Shredded wheat man" are best of buddies Tricky.

You can tell that just by their dress sense.

Afternoon Neil….:-]]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum