Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mickleover Sports next on the agenda.

+10
barnstoneworth
PhilC
Jack
Mick Le Over
NickSFCB
TRM
baz
Nathan Gulliver
Dave the Glassboy
Devil's Advocate
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mickleover Sports next on the agenda. Empty Mickleover Sports next on the agenda. Wed Oct 30 2013, 00:47

Devil's Advocate

I'm sorry to be missing this one due to Albion commitments.

We've now won nine on the bounce since our defeat at Hungerford and are playing with great confidence but i have a feeling that we might be severely tested on Saturday.

I do hope we give this tie the full respect it deserves and that we can continue our run AND keep filling those coffers with yet more prize money.

Our strongest team please Sir Gary.

A safe journey and great day out for everyone travelling on Saturday,updates appreciated by text please.

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

I'm also missing this one for reasons detailed below.

But I have to agree with the above comments - I'm expecting a tougher game on Saturday than Workington gave us so we will need to be fully committed and a strong side is required.

Nathan Gulliver

The big games are still coming thick and fast and make no mistake,this coming Saturday's FA Trophy tie at Mickleover is another massive game for us. The FA Trophy is a competion that has a Wembley final,it's a competition that we should be in a strong position to compete and do very well in. The prize money alone is nothing to be sniffed at. A win on Saturday will take us through the £30,000 mark in prize money already won this season.

It will be fantastic if we can take another big following to Mickleover. It would be nice to think that we could take something approaching the 100 mark. Its only an hour or so away for most of us. As mentioned in the Chippenham thread,it is vital to keep the momentum going now. Let's help the lads make it 10 wins on the bounce. These are glory days or our club,days which will still be talked about in 40-50 years time,days that we can all say 'we were there'. Let's get as many as we can up to Mickleover and show the lads just how much this means.

baz

Can make it now,so their keeper better be aware lol

Devil's Advocate

Nathan Gulliver wrote:The big games are still coming thick and fast and make no mistake,this coming Saturday's FA Trophy tie at Mickleover is another massive game for us. The FA Trophy is a competion that has a Wembley final,it's a competition that we should be in a strong position to compete and do very well in. The prize money alone is nothing to be sniffed at. A win on Saturday will take us through the £30,000 mark in prize money already won this season.

It will be fantastic if we can take another big following to Mickleover. It would be nice to think that we could take something approaching the 100 mark. Its only an hour or so away for most of us. As mentioned in the Chippenham thread,it is vital to keep the momentum going now. Let's help the lads make it 10 wins on the bounce. These are glory days or our club,days which will still be talked about in 40-50 years time,days that we can all say 'we were there'. Let's get as many as we can up to Mickleover and show the lads just how much this means.
Not sure i'll be talking about it in 50 years time as i'll be 102 Nathan!

It is a fact though that the side of 74 is still revered and remembered fondly by those of us who remember it and the "Hackett year's" will fall into that category.

I remember how things took off at Halesowen in the early 80's under Paddy Page and their lot lauded it over us,they thought it would last forever but nothing ever does,one day Hackett will be gone and we'll be as dysfunctional as most other clubs.

Enjoy it while you can.

TRM

Looking forward to this one now. It won't be easy as they are in decent form and they're higher in the table than Sutton, who gave us an almighty scare. But we are playing better now than we were then. We need to play our own game and let them worry about us.

TRM

Lousy weather forecast for the next 24/36 hours (again!)...

TRM

Ulster Jim has told me that the coach is fully booked, which is great news!

Travel directions for anybody going by car are on the SFC website.

NickSFCB

Anyone got space in their car? I've already driven over 800 miles this week for work, so not too keen on driving tomorrow. I will do as a last resort. Thanks

TRM

For anybody wondering, Mickleover have tweeted that the game is ON after an early morning inspection.

Mick Le Over

Beers in the Bar today.

Starts off with Sweet 16 and Pedigree. Then next on is Betty Stogs

Enjoy

Devil's Advocate

Good luck to those travelling.

The weather is horrendous and by the look of Mickleover on YouTube theres not much cover there although some can be found be anyone willing to crouch underneath Andy Hill's belly!

Clips i've viewed seem to indicate that Mickleover are a rather "direct" side so i expect these conditions may well suit them but with Nathan,Will and Jamie's height i'm sure we can fight that fire.

Heres hoping we get the result and the prize money.

TRM

Just arrived. Bright and sunny. Pitch looks OK but a bit "moist"!

Jack

Jack
Admin

As far as I can see just the one change. Wurz in for Andre.

Odd one that.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

PhilC

In case anyone is on here looking for the latest, Benbow's just equalised. 1-1

PhilC

Geddes pen in 93rd minute - 2-1 up

PhilC

Won 2-1. Double march on Wembley continues

PhilC

Think Hungerford drew in the trophy today, which would mean our match on Tuesday is off

Devil's Advocate

I'm really chuffed with our win today,i expected it to be a very tough match and when i received texts telling me we were 1-0 down i was just hoping we'd dig out a draw.

Once we got level though i really wanted a winner to give us the chance of a week off if Hungerford drew so all in all it's a very satisfactory day.

Well done the lads and all those who travelled.

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Interesting game in very challenging conditions today. The wind really spoiled it as a spectacle but, that aside, Stour had the chances to make the game safe long before the injury time penalty. A good game to get a result from and now a week off before Biggleswade. we'll done.

brockmoor

brockmoor

Wasnt able to make it today as was in Hereford on business. The weather that way was horrendous, if it was the same in Mickleover not much football would have been played thats for sure!

Great result and keeps the win run going.

Red Army Red Army!

Devil's Advocate

brockmoor wrote:Wasnt able to make it today as was in Hereford on business. The weather that way was horrendous, if it was the same in Mickleover not much football would have been played thats for sure!

Great result and keeps the win run going.

Red Army Red Army!
There wasn't much played at West Brom either :-[[

Brian Handy

Credit to both teams for an entertaining game in very windy conditions on a muddy pitch.
We created a few goal mouth scrambles first half without any clear cut chances.
We looked well below our recent good form at times.
We fell asleep at the back for their goal just before half time.

Second half we came out in a much more determined mood and took the game to them.
We were indebted to dean for a great save to stop them going 2 up before Luke finished off a good move with a calm finish.
Their keeper pulled off 2 good saves and we hit bar & post before Ryan latched onto a poor backpass
and was brought down by the keeper for a penalty, duly despatched by Sean.
I had a poor view of the penalty but a few stour fans behind the goal thought it was a bit soft.

MotM was Dean with 14 votes, Jamie got 6, Will 3, Sean 2 , Luke 2 & Drew 1.

The wine was won by Kenny Guest.

oldhillglassboy

Was expecting a tougher game than last week and it certainly was, kicking towards the clubhouse, against the wind was very difficult all match, first half we where way off the pace but just as it looked like we'd done enough "against the wind" they scored, we'd had enough warnings.  Second half was much better, Benbow being impressive (after anonymous first half), hit the bar twice, the post from a shot outside the box and a few other chances, that said there where a few hairy mommets at the other end and a brilliant save from Coleman to prevent it being 2-0, thought Oliver had a good game throughout.

Our second half showing  deserved the win but overall Mickleover deserved a replay which i'd settled for at 4.45, until more late penalty drama! from side on it looked pretty clear cut.  After the two games in the Trophy this season, i'd say we are more than a little fortunate, still to be in the competition.  Still more prize money in the coffers! although the league matches are piling up, some decent trips for Frome and Truro midweek!

Last edited by oldhillglassboy on Sat Nov 02 2013, 20:24; edited 1 time in total

NickSFCB

Not the greatest of 1st halves. We created the better of chances, with several balls across the face of goal not being followed up. Aswell as Jamie missing from close range with an instinctive prod of he's boot. Little disappointing going in a goal behind admittedly I'd headed to the bar to get out of the cold.
Second half I thought we played well and created enough chances to win, but had deano to thank with a wanderful save down low from a header. Luke took he's goal well, and were it not for the bar and post and an equally impressive save by their keeper we could have been ahead before the penalty. There was contact by their keeper, Ryan was pushed to the ground, but i wouldn't of been suprised had the ref not given it as it was soft. I would have been livid had it been given against us. Credit to geds who dispatched it. Their keeper got a hand on it, but it was well hit and hard to keep out.

Onto the next 1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum