Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Curzon Ashton - FA Cup

+10
Stourbridge Lion
oldhillglassboy
stour_boy
PhilC
baz
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
Dave the Glassboy
brockmoor
TRM
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Mon Oct 07 2013, 19:51

TRM

Not wanting to get ahead of myself with tomorrow's match to play first...

But I've only just realised that if there is a replay it will be on the Monday night, so thought I ought to mention it in case others weren't aware!

I gather they are offering free coach travel to supporters coming down for the game. Great move on their part. They are not the best supported club but if that encourages a few more of their fans to get to the game then hopefully it should produce a better atmosphere.

2Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Mon Oct 07 2013, 21:13

brockmoor

brockmoor

It was announced numerous times on Saturday TRM, much to my annoyance as im not able to make a possible Monday replay.

3Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Mon Oct 07 2013, 21:36

TRM

brockmoor wrote:It was announced numerous times on Saturday TRM, much to my annoyance as im not able to make a possible Monday replay.
I was too busy trying to pull my kids apart for most of the game to listen to tannoy announcements!

4Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Mon Oct 07 2013, 22:26

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

brockmoor wrote:It was announced numerous times on Saturday TRM, much to my annoyance as im not able to make a possible Monday replay.
I can't do Monday either.

Although TBH, the only way I'd have been able to get to a replay that week would have been if it was on the Thursday! (Which wasn't going to happen obviously!)

5Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Mon Oct 07 2013, 22:38

Devil's Advocate

Dave the Glassboy wrote:

Although TBH, the only way I'd have been able to get to a replay that week would have been if it was on the Thursday! (Which wasn't going to happen obviously!)
"I can't do Monday either"

Why,is the A34 closed that day?

6Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Mon Oct 07 2013, 22:54

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:

Not sure what relevance the A34 has but I've other commitments on Monday nights.

7Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Mon Oct 07 2013, 23:44

Devil's Advocate

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:

Not sure what relevance the A34 has but I've other commitments on Monday nights.
Try lateral thinking Dave.

The natural route is the motorway......which you don't seem to like.

Hence the A34 northwards,i thought it might have a closure on that Monday causing you to have to miss out :-]]

8Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Tue Oct 08 2013, 07:43

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:

Hence the A34 northwards,i thought it might have a closure on that Monday causing you to have to miss out :-]]
No, I don't have any problems with using the motorway. You're obviously thinking of someone else.

Presumably someone that bases their experience of the M6 on one trip to Newcastle Town 7 years ago! Wink 

9Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Tue Oct 08 2013, 10:52

Devil's Advocate

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:

No, I don't have any problems with using the motorway. You're obviously thinking of someone else.

Presumably someone that bases their experience of the M6 on one trip to Newcastle Town 7 years ago! Wink 
A couple of weeks ago you were going on about not understanding why fan's would use the motorway to go to matches such as Chasetown if you re-call Dave whereas most of us would and we told you so.

I still think there's mileage in this topic,i don't think we've reached the end of the road just yet.

10Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Tue Oct 08 2013, 18:29

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Oh Devil I thought we agreed at Alvechurch that this had reached a dead end??!!

11Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Tue Oct 08 2013, 19:21

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Oh Devil I thought we agreed at Alvechurch that this had reached a dead end??!!
I don't think so Trickey.

I've requested "2,4,6,8" Motorway by Tom Robison and "Road to hell" by Chris Rea at half time tonight.

Let's hope we don't have a "Chipy,chirpy,cheep,cheep" performance from the lads tonight ( i.e.. Middle of the road )

12Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Tue Oct 08 2013, 23:25

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:

A couple of weeks ago you were going on about not understanding why fan's would use the motorway to go to matches such as Chasetown if you re-call Dave whereas most of us would and we told you so.

I still think there's mileage in this topic,i don't think we've reached the end of the road just yet.

I merely pointed out that there's a more direct route to Chasetown than using the motorway, which is why I'd never use it for that particular trip.

Sheesh, being a season ticket holder at Warrington I've faced the M6 more times than I care to remember!

13Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Tue Oct 08 2013, 23:55

Devil's Advocate

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:

I merely pointed out that there's a more direct route to Chasetown than using the motorway, which is why I'd never use it for that particular trip.

Sheesh, being a season ticket holder at Warrington I've faced the M6 more times than I care to remember!

Pity you couldn't find a clear route around the ground tonight Dave to locate us poor sods who paid a £ for a go at the "man of the match" competition.

You seemed to get caught in a hold up at the Shed End!

I'll have a free go on Saturday's competition instead.

Just for the record i'd have voted for Will Richards tonight.

14Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Wed Oct 09 2013, 07:41

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Wasn't a hold up - I have to stay there until the spectators have gone from that section.

I've put your vote in, not done the totting up yet.

15Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Wed Oct 09 2013, 14:13

TRM

Not often I stick up for Dtg ( Wink  ), but he's not the one with the M6 obsession!

16Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Thu Oct 10 2013, 20:45

TRM

Posted this on the "Ben Billingham" thread, but it should be here really, so...

Today's Stourbridge News...

http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/sport/football/sfc/evo_stik_southern_premier_2013_2014/read_article/10729665.Glassboys_on_FA_Cup_trail/

Lloyd - 50/50
Agbor and Francis - late fitness tests

And whoever went to scout Curzon's away game at Ossett Albion ended up at Ossett Town v Darlington until he realised his mistake about 10 minutes into the game! Shocked 

17Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Fri Oct 11 2013, 12:47

TRM wrote:And whoever went to scout Curzon's away game at Ossett Albion ended up at Ossett Town v Darlington until he realised his mistake about 10 minutes into the game! Shocked 
Our scout wasn't Bernard by any chance, cuz I remember him doing a similar thing when we played at Oxford a few seasons ago.  The only difference was that he didn't realize he was at the wrong ground until half time Wink

18Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Fri Oct 11 2013, 13:49

baz

Does anyone know who it was??

19Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Fri Oct 11 2013, 14:28

TRM

Could have been any one of the coach drivers we've had over the years. Didn't one of them make the same mistake going to Oxford the season before last?

20Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Fri Oct 11 2013, 16:19

Devil's Advocate

Hope this crap weather doesn't decimate the crowd on Saturday,i was already pessimistic considering the paucity of the turnout on Tuesday and the fact that Curzon are not well supported.

Nathan was predicting 800+ the other night whilst i was not convinced at that point we'd break the 500 barrier,if the wind etc continues much over 400 might be stretching it.

£7500 prize money on offer as well for beating Curzon and if we do win that'll make this season's run worth £15,000 at least already.

It's vital we win this one and then get the weakest possible home draw in the next round OR a home match v Luton or Kiddie so that we can fill the ground.

21Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Fri Oct 11 2013, 18:44

TRM

Think it's supposed to be a bit showery tomorrow afternoon. I'd hope we'll get over 500 - anything less for a game of this importance would be disappointing whatever the weather.

Villa, West Brom, Blues, Wolves not playing. Walsall miles away at Colchester, Kiddy up at Southport.

The nearest FA Cup matches are at Worcester, Solihull and Hednesford and then a bit further afield at Atherstone. Halesowen are just about as far away as it is possible for them to be.

We should be able to draw plenty of casual spectators from round the Black Country.

22Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Sat Oct 12 2013, 10:22

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Three down today....myself and boys can't make it.
Got laid off from work Thursday so can't afford it.
Please keep ears open for ANY work boys,Christmas approaching.

All private updates on today's game would be appreciated.

23Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Sat Oct 12 2013, 10:35

TRM

I'll keep you posted, TT. Good luck with the job hunting.

24Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Sat Oct 12 2013, 11:12

I've got a nasty feeling that this could go to a replay, but then again we were all predicting a bad result against Poole and won. So it really could go either way, but I will keep faith in the team by predicting 3-1 to stour. No prediction on the crowd as it depends on the weather Wink 

25Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Empty Re: Curzon Ashton - FA Cup Sat Oct 12 2013, 17:26

PhilC

Cracking result. Sounds like the lino had a good game. Good to see Rowey on the scoresheet again. Another home draw please

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum