Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hungerford

+8
baz
Baggiestour
Jane.N
Devil's Advocate
Jack
stour_boy
Tricky Tree
TRM
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Hungerford Empty Hungerford Sun Sep 15 2013, 07:43

TRM

As expected they beat Cove 4-0 yesterday so Tuesday's game goes ahead.

Don't know a lot about them but they seem to be finding their feet - two wins from their last two games after only one point from the first five. Of their four defeats, three have been against St Albans, Hemel and Chesham so not easy games. Would be happy if we sneaked it 1-0 or 2-1. Would probably take a draw.

Their home crowds have been 145, 140 and 140 and 100 (yesterday) so not that well supported. Looks as though they only let spectators in five at a time as well!

2Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Mon Sep 16 2013, 08:16

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Who can actually make this game?
I've been lucky enough to have been offered a lift but I can't imagine too many will make the trip.

3Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Mon Sep 16 2013, 08:32

TRM

I'd say there will be more going than you might imagine. Shame it's a night game which will reduce numbers by a bit but it is a new ground for Stour to visit, and we non-League weirdos fans do like our new grounds...

4Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Mon Sep 16 2013, 09:23

TRM

With all this time I have on my hands I was looking at Hungerford's website. Some good photos of their ground from last season's play-off final...

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hungerfordtownfc/photos/play-off-final-day-2013-45660.html

Doubt there will be as many there tomorrow, and the weather won't be as good either.

Looks like some sort of cover on both sides and at one end, plus a bit at the other end which appears to be nothing more than an overhang from what is probably the clubhouse entrance.

Looks like a fair old slope on the pitch.

5Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 07:30

stour_boy

stour_boy

Any updates would be appreciated tonight.

I'll try and post them on here if I can.

Good luck to the lads!

6Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 08:38

TRM

I'll text you, SB.

7Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 09:03

Jack

Jack
Admin

Sorry Devil, on the basis of first come first serve, it was your Hungerford thread that got the chop! Not there tonight either, so any updates will be great.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

8Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 09:18

TRM

Oh Offside, Jack!!

You didn't have to delete it - you could have locked it. It wsn't doing any harm and I was only joking. And I think Stourboy was too.

Please, please, please don't let us get as uptight about duplicate threads and the like as they are on Hednesford's forum!

Honestly not having a dig, coz you're doing a grand job. I just really don't think it matters all that much if somebody posts something in the "wrong" place now and again. Very Happy 

9Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 10:41

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:Sorry Devil, on the basis of first come first serve, it was your Hungerford thread that got the chop! Not there tonight either, so any updates will be great.
Totally unnecessary action!

10Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 10:42

Jack

Jack
Admin

Oh. My bad. Soz. :/

11Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 11:44

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

My bad???????

12Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 11:45

Jack

Jack
Admin

Having looked back, I actually think I made the right call. There was no massive discussion in there, what was there? 3 replies? None of which wasn't in the other thread, so what's the point in it? Sorry, but that's my view on it.

13Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 12:06

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:Having looked back, I actually think I made the right call. There was no massive discussion in there, what was there? 3 replies? None of which wasn't in the other thread, so what's the point in it? Sorry, but that's my view on it.
I put the thread up because i was trying to do anyone a favour who might want a lift there or back!

Trying to find that out amongst various post's on the match thread is tedious.

If you can't see that Jack then fine,it's your board,you do what you want.

14Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 12:14

Jane.N

Sometimes I can see why Stourboy closed the original forum racked off with the constant moaning at him!

15Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 12:20

TRM

Look, before this gets silly...

I see both sides here. Jack was trying to do what he thought was right. Depending on your point of view he was either right, wrong or sort of in the middle. Either way there's no serious harm done.

I have a look on Hednesford's forum now and again. On there, a "match previews" thread is opened by the admin for each game, and then a "match reviews" thread is opened after each game, again by the admin. All these threads carry a stern warning that "duplicate threads will be locked or deleted."

Now nobody on there seems to be bothered about this and they all rattle along nicely, but to me as an outsider it has a vague whiff of Nazi Germany about it and I wouldn't want us to go down a similarly dictatorial route! Personally I'm much happier with our slightly disorganised way of doing things. Perhaps there's call for the occasional thread to be locked so as to avoid obvious confusion, but not deletion unless we're talking about legal issues.

In all honesty, in everything but that sort of scenario, does it really matter?

16Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 12:46

TRM

Anyway, back to tonight's game...

For those unable to go, I will tweet updates - @glassboy68. I'll also try to keep an eye on the Sutton/Newcastle replay.

17Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 13:19

stour_boy

stour_boy

Yeah I was joking on the other thread.

Updates would be much appreciated TRM!

18Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 13:20

stour_boy

stour_boy

TRM wrote:Anyway, back to tonight's game...

For those unable to go, I will tweet updates - @glassboy68. I'll also try to keep an eye on the Sutton/Newcastle replay.
Blimey you must have good eyesight to be able to see Sutton Coldfield from Hungerford!! Wink

19Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 13:36

TRM

stour_boy wrote:
TRM wrote:Anyway, back to tonight's game...

Blimey you must have good eyesight to be able to see Sutton Coldfield from Hungerford!! Wink
Well I can see the sun from our back garden. How much further do I need to be able to see?!!!

20Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 15:48

Jack

Jack
Admin

Just for future reference -

There is a thread for away day travel which can include coach and car share.
Then we can have a thread for each match.
This is not me doing it cos its 'my site' but because we are limited with how much we can have on the forum and I dont want to lose things by overloading the site.

At times it is difficult to please everyone and I get requests from different people for different things.
Cheers

21Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 19:48

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

One down.
Coleman howler

22Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 19:49

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

One down.
Coleman howler

23Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 19:54

stour_boy

stour_boy

0-1

Fitzpatrick playing and Lloyd on the bench :/

24Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 20:34

stour_boy

stour_boy

Oliver sent off - shock!

25Hungerford Empty Re: Hungerford Tue Sep 17 2013, 20:41

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

God awful half....we look totally uninterested and lack any ideas at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum