Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chippenham at home.

+10
Dave the Glassboy
Jane.N
Jack
oldhillglassboy
Paranoid Android
stour_boy
brockmoor
TRM
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Chippenham at home. Empty Chippenham at home. Mon Sep 02 2013, 14:06

Devil's Advocate

Usually a pretty rugged encounter against these boys,i expect more of the same tomorrow.

I hope Nathan is back and that we stick with him and Will Richards as the defensive pair.

Billingham is clearly not enjoying it out on the wing and need's to play more centrally where he's more of a goal threat as well.

I think Agbor has done enough to earn a start,his control of the ball and appreciation of other's are great assets along with his pace.

I also hope that Rowey and Benbow start thinking about each other's game's a bit more,at the moment there is little or no chemistry between them with them both playing as individual's,if only they could develop an understanding it could be a lethal combo at this level.

Let's cut out the sloppy goals chaps and get the game by the throat from the start.

2Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Mon Sep 02 2013, 15:23

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I totally agree about Agbor (or as Ulster the retard calls him....gabby)
Who would you sacrifice to get him into the starting eleven?

I note that Brockmoor was at Bedford....he hasn't knocked it on the head then?Wink 

3Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Mon Sep 02 2013, 19:27

TRM

Two things - we need to be very much tighter defensively and for pity's sake make sure we don't concede the first goal, and we need to attack with a little bit more purpose, move the ball quicker and not allow their defence time to organise themselves.

Sounds easy, doesn't it!

4Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 08:00

brockmoor

brockmoor

Talking of heads....

What is it you use on yours 'Tricky' to make it so shiny? Is it Mr Sheene or just a gold old steam cleaner!

See you tonight guys. Smile

5Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 10:29

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Good old fashioned pledge.

6Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 14:25

stour_boy

stour_boy

Looking forward to the match, see you there folks!

7Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 19:04

Paranoid Android

2-1,
Billingham,Rowe
Att 489

8Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 19:38

TRM

Was going to say 2-1 as well but just to be different I'll say a nervy 1-1.

Team is same as Saturday except Nathan is back for Eze. Same five subs.

Updates on Twitter - @glassboy68

9Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:11

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Hate to say it but.....Awful.

10Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:16

Devil's Advocate

Utter,utter,utter rubbish.

What on earth is wrong with the team at present?

Hardly any redeeming features in tonight's performance,barely two passes strung together throughout the whole game.

Poor movement,poor anticipation,questionable commitment from some players,it was an absolute horror show.

There seems to be a massive hangover from last season,the side that was so good up until that play off final is but a pale shadow,i can't believe i'm actually watching pretty much the same players playing so badly.

There also seems to be a lack of a plan b because plan a certainly ain't working.

Rowey and Benbow as a combination doesn't work but even if we go 4-5-1 we don't seem to have any width at present.

Something needs sorting quickly though because we are throwing away silly points at present to very mediocre opposition.

Very disappointing to travel to Bedford to see a half soaked performance and even more disappointed with the dross served up tonight.

Well done to Dean Coleman though for keeping us in the game until the goal and to Will Richards who once again had a fine game.

11Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:19

brockmoor

brockmoor

What the f*** was that?

12Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:28

TRM

*speechless*

13Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:34

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:*speechless*
You've seen a few hundred games like me Rich,what the hell is wrong with them at present?

I've seen us lose 4-0 and play better than that,it is absolute dross and has been since the start of pre season.

Too many "sacred cows" in my opinion,some players get left out at the drop of a hat whilst other's appear untouchable.

I'm not going to name name's because it's obvious chatting to other people in the crowd that everyone is of the same opinion on that.

With regards to the coaching of the players,what are they being asked to do because for the life of me i can't see a plan.

If it wasn't for penalties we'd be bottom of the league,us and Redditch are the worst two sides i've witnessed so far.

14Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:38

oldhillglassboy

We got off very lightly only losing one nil, they could have been out of sight at half time with the 3 great chances they had.  Positives, Coleman had a good evening (a good job he did), richards was impressive and Geddes looked more composed on the ball than anybody, but it was not good enough across the whole pitch and  one of the worst performance's i've seen from Stourbridge, if not the worst.  We did have chances but we didn't deserve anything from the match, Benbow and Rowe together is not going to work from what I have seen and unfortunately the latter didn't get into the game at all again.  I prefer 2 up front but think we have to go back to 4-5-1 and see if that brings about an improvement. Saturday's match cannot be any worse than that, but will it be much better? let's hope so.

15Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:38

Jack

Jack
Admin

Dean kept us in it. That's all I've got to say. Shocking.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

16Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:39

TRM

Devil's Advocate wrote:
You've seen a few hundred games like me Rich,what the hell is wrong with them at present?
I'm sorry, can you ask me an easier one please?

17Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:39

stour_boy

stour_boy

Errrr...well that was poor. And that's putting it politely.

A few positives....Richards and Geddes, and Coleman & Bennett. We were OK at centre back for the most part despite the preference for hoofing it forward, but Aaron really really isn't a full back and for some reason seems totally devoid of confidence.

The midfield is my main worry - apart from Sean battling away and decent passing, we were anonymous. Ben's form has gone totally out of the window, Leon was very quiet and I'm not convinced about Fitzpatrick. And is it me or do the players not seem quite as fit as they did last season?

Rowe and Benbow didn't work well together at all and quickly got frustrated by constant long balls, which even if they did win the midfield weren't there for a pass or to collect the second ball. Workrate good, especially Benbow, but the lack of proper service and lack of chances created for them made them look bad, but I think that was the midfield's fault.

Dean played really well despite some kicking errors and maybe should have done better for their goal. But no-one closed their player down and it was one of those where I thought before he hit it that it would either fly in or fly over the Shed roof. And sadly it was the former.

In all honesty I thought it would end 0-0 but if a team deserved to shade it it was definitely Chippenham.

18Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:44

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
I'm sorry, can you ask me an easier one please?

Give it a stab,you're not usually short of an opinion.

I just can't believe we are so p1ss poor,we look like a relegation outfit.

19Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:54

Jane.N

Sean played well as did Dean.

Not saying it would make a huge difference but why are we playing an attacking winger at full back and leaving Lloydy on the bench? He very rarely lets us down and it just doesnt seem to make any sense at all. Rolling Eyes 

As for the rest of the performances - baffling!!

20Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Wed Sep 04 2013, 00:11

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Awful game. We were dreadful and Chippenham weren't much better, they just managed to get about three shots on target whereas I can't recall us mustering a single one. Second game in a row we've been beaten by a poor team.

Sorry, but Fitz was invisible again. For the second time this season I only remembered he was on when he was substituted! Ben's poor form remains a mystery and I agree with Jane in wondering why Lloydy's not getting a sniff at the moment. Wurzel would do much better on the wing where he can supply crosses into the box.

Not convinced that Luke and Rowey can play together. Maybe one of them needs to be dropped to the bench.

Either way, I think the team needs a big shake up on Saturday.

21Chippenham at home. Empty Chippenham at home Wed Sep 04 2013, 08:30

redpike

Another disappointing, lacklustre performance resulting in a well-deserved win for Chippenham who, let's face it, were not a good footballing side. But, there again, we seem to have forgotten how to keep the ball on the ground.

Hard to find any positives apart from Will and, in the first half, Wurzel who showed some nice footballing touches.

Yet again, our midfield, with the notable exception of Sean, were overrun, even with five in the second half with Like playing wide. Jordan was at least consistent ie anonymous !!! Leon's form is way below his usual standards and Ben is not fit. Having said that, I don't think our fitness levels are what they should be. Their number 7, McClennan, was easily the best player on the pitch - how we could do with someone like him !

Luke continues to worry me in that, until he can control his very short fuse, he is always a red card waiting to happen.

It is still early days and there are lots of games still to be played and points to be won. Whether we've been complacent just because we finished second last season, only time will tell. But other teams seem to have improved - we have not.

Roll on Saturday !!!

22Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Wed Sep 04 2013, 10:02

Jack

Jack
Admin

Wurzel isn't a right back, why he is there when our best right back is on the bench I don't understand?! Ryan & Luke don't work, I hope they can click, but I can't see. What we do about it, I don't know. Will oozes class at Centre Back, very very impressed, and Dean was very good. Only positives in a very poor night for us.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

23Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Wed Sep 04 2013, 16:53

Brian Handy

That Hurt !

This was so depressing , a team seemingly devoid of passion,cohesion and ideas. Were there any postives? Difficult to think of any, Richards again performing well perhaps.
Only for a short period in the first half and for the first 10 minutes of the second did we look like scoring. After these brief passages of domination fizzled out we struggled to create any meaningful moves let alone scoring opportunities. The crowd responded in like, only coming to life in those all too infrequent moments when we got near their goal. I just hope that performance does not deter people from coming again on Saturday.

Looking at the grim faces of the players & management when they trooped off to a deafening silence at the final whistle they knew it had not been good enough, hopefully they know how to put it right on Saturday.

Man of the Match went to Sean Geddes with 10 votes, Will received 8, Dean Coleman 7 , Dean Bennett & Jamie 1 each, and 4 people refused or were unable to name anybody. Jim McComish won the wine.

24Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Wed Sep 04 2013, 17:12

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Is it wise to give wine to someone who quite clearly has a drink problem?Very Happy 

25Chippenham at home. Empty Re: Chippenham at home. Wed Sep 04 2013, 17:23

baz

Cant add much more than not already said but a few did clap the players off,and they did acknowledge and gave Chippenham a polite applause as well

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum