Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evesham on Saturday

+7
NickSFCB
Jane.N
brockmoor
Tricky Tree
dave w
stour_boy
TRM
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Evesham on Saturday - Page 3 Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Tue Jul 30 2013, 13:16

TRM

Jack wrote:I'm away for 2 weeks and all you can do is bicker. Glad Worcester won though! Who got runs TRM?

Not a bad game as T20 goes. Not always my cup of tea but this one went down to the wire. Worcs put Somerset in because (a) there was rain around and (b) we can't defend any score with our bowling attack!

Somerset got 188-4. Trego (62) and Kieswetter (80) batted well, but the probably fell short of what they would have wanted at half-way. Shantry bowled ok but the rest were expensive.

Worcs were 13-2 with Moeen one of the men out, and I don't think anybody gave them a prayer. Mitchell and Kervezee kept it going - Kervezee was very unlucky to be run out at the non-striker's end. Then Russell (77no off 42) and Whiteley (43 off 30) put on nearly 100 and they got home with two balls to spare. Whiteley's the new lad they've picked up from Derby.

The threat of rain probably helped as it meant they could have been going off at any moment so Worcs had to keep up with the rate. Russel hit six sixes - one into the School playing fields behind the Dolly stand. Kieswetter put one onto the very top of the New Road stand as well.

Ten minutes after the ned it began to hose down and didn't stop for another 12 hours.

And we saw ourselves on the telly highlights when we got home!

52Evesham on Saturday - Page 3 Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Tue Jul 30 2013, 20:05

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Jack wrote:Who got runs TRM?

I blame the dodgy pies.

Wink 

53Evesham on Saturday - Page 3 Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 31 2013, 10:25

Jack

Jack
Admin

Kervezee only performs in the t20's, the point about us not being able to defend anything is so true! Haha.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum