Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

SLP or NLP

+8
brockmoor
BergerBrakes
Jack
TRM
stour_boy
Dave the Glassboy
UlsterJim
Aled
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1SLP or NLP Empty SLP or NLP Fri May 10 2013, 12:21

Aled

Let's get talking again folks...

I'll kick it off...

SLP as the northern cloggers will kick lumps out of us cockanees and spill gravy on me chino's.

2SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 10 2013, 12:47

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Aled wrote:Let's get talking again folks...

I'll kick it off...

SLP as the northern cloggers will kick lumps out of us cockanees and spill gravy on me chino's.

Wear your black jeans and you wont notice the stains!

Just noticed a signature, which I added in January has just suddenly appeared. Bizarre.

http://www.nibadges.com

3SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 10 2013, 12:55

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Personally I hope we go into the NPL as it means more new grounds for me. On a playing level I was chatting to one of the management team the other night and he said he fancied us to do really well in it, were we switched.

Have no fear. We Are Stourbridge.

http://www.nibadges.com

4SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 10 2013, 15:54

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

With Cambridge and Bashley on the move and getting the lower division play-off results I wanted, the number of new grounds will be pretty much of a muchness. I don't think we have anything to fear from either league.

A change can be as good as a rest they say.

5SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 10 2013, 22:29

stour_boy

stour_boy

Evo-Stik Div 1 South playoff final

Stamford 2-1 Chasetown (att.861)

Evo-Stik Div 1 North playoff final

Cammell Laird 0-0 Trafford - ET being played

6SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 10 2013, 22:41

stour_boy

stour_boy

Evo-Stik Div 1 North playoff final update

Cammell Laird 0-0 Trafford AET (att.622)

Trafford win 4-2 on penalties!

Tomorrow sees the final playoff final potentially relevant to our opponents next season, with Hednesford Town taking on FC United of Manchester for promotion to the Conference North.

7SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 11 2013, 15:05

stour_boy

stour_boy

Hednesford 1-0 FC United, goal on 2 minutes

8SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 11 2013, 15:35

stour_boy

stour_boy

Hednesford 2-0 FC United, 30 minutes

9SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 11 2013, 16:14

stour_boy

stour_boy

Hednesford 2-1 FC United latest

10SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 11 2013, 16:52

stour_boy

stour_boy

Hednesford 2-1 FC United FT

Attendance 4412

Hednesford promoted to the Conference North.

We definitely won't be going to Keys Park in the league next season then!

11SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 11 2013, 18:36

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

I would suggest that that makes it more likely we'll be staying in the SLP then. Especially with Chasetown failing, I'd now expect Rushall to be shifted to the SLP with Barwell and Hinckley being placed in the NPLP.

Hypothetically, obviously! Laughing

12SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 11 2013, 19:41

stour_boy

stour_boy

I agree Dave, that would be ideal, but some people still think Corby will go NPL which seems crazy to me. Surely we'll get Corby and Truro and NPL will get Hinckley and Droyslden from the relegated Step 2 clubs.

EDIT: This scenario would probably mean Rushall to SLP and Barwell to NPL

Last edited by stour_boy on Sat May 11 2013, 20:29; edited 1 time in total

13SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 11 2013, 20:23

TRM

Have to agree that now we know both Hednesford and Chasetown will not be in the NPL Prem it makes it less likely that we will go that way.

Interestingly, for all the debate about clubs being switched, there is a solution that means NO club being switched, so that's what I reckon will happen - Corby and Droylsden will go into the NPL (I know Corby seem a bit daft for that Division) and Hinckley in the SL.

That would mean next season's SLP as follows:

AFC Totton
Arlesey Town
Banbury United
Barwell
Bashley (& New Milton?)
Bedford Town
Bideford
Biggleswade Town
Burnham
Cambridge City
Chesham Utd
Chippenham Town
Frome Town
Hemel Hempstead Town
Hinckley Utd
Hitchin Town
Hungerford Town
Poole Town
Redditch Utd
St Albans City
St Neots Town
Stourbridge
Truro City
Weymouth

The ones in bold are grounds that I don't think Stourbridge have ever played at before - Bashley on the assumption that the merger with, and move to, New Milton goes ahead, Cambridge playing at Histon.

14SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sun May 12 2013, 12:36

Jack

Jack
Admin

That league looks very poor on paper. Got to be going for the title if we keep the squad together.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

15SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sun May 12 2013, 23:17

BergerBrakes

It does look poor. Esp without us in it Very Happy

16SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Mon May 13 2013, 18:49

brockmoor

brockmoor

It was poor with you in it lol!

17SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Mon May 13 2013, 19:50

TRM

New Milton have called off the "merger" with Bashley, at least for the time being...

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/10416719.New_Milton_postpone__merger__talks_with_Bashley/

18SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Mon May 13 2013, 23:26

TRM wrote:New Milton have called off the "merger" with Bashley, at least for the time being...

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/10416719.New_Milton_postpone__merger__talks_with_Bashley/

What were they going to be called, "New Bashley" or "Bash Milton" lol!

19SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Tue May 14 2013, 13:25

TRM

Worcester City are making serious noises about going into liquidation, not just administration, "within days" (the thread is five pages long, by the way)...

http://nonleagueforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?id=33193

If it happened, would reprieve Corby in Conf North according to more expert authorities than me, and would then reprieve the 21st placed team in the SL, NPL or Isthmain with the best ppg record - not checked which team that is yet.

That could still play havoc with whether we end up in the SL or NPL.

In addition to that, Totton are also now apparently in danger...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/10417124.AFC_Totton_FC_future_in_doubt/

20SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Tue May 14 2013, 14:55

stour_boy

stour_boy

TRM wrote:If it happened, would reprieve Corby in Conf North according to more expert authorities than me, and would then reprieve the 21st placed team in the SL, NPL or Isthmain with the best ppg record - not checked which team that is yet.

That would appear to be Bedworth United.

21SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Tue May 14 2013, 20:08

TRM

Truro still in all sorts of doo-doo. Reports they could be playing at Bodmin Town next season, which is nowhere near up to SL standards and would see them relegated to the Western League at best.

Workington's board has reportedly resigned "en masse" and if nobody is forthcoming to take over the club within three weeks then it is rumoured they will fold.

Aldershot and Farnborough both in admin which could affect which Leagues they are in next season.

Still rumours doing the rounds that Stockport might not be around next season, but I haven't found much to substantiate that - just mischief-making, I reckon.

And of course, as of now Coventry City don't have a ground to call "home", so who knows what might happen there...

All of these, as well as Worcester and Totton, could in some small way affect the make-up of the SLP next season. Watch this space...

22SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Thu May 16 2013, 20:53

TRM

The word is that the line-ups for steps 1-4 will be confirmed tomorrow. Whether that means they will be announced publicly tomorrow, I'm not sure. And either way, I think there would still be room for reshuffling if any club went pop or volunteered (like Kettering did last summer) to drop down the divisions before the relevant AGMs for each League.

If a club goes bust after its League's AGM then it usually just means the division runs "one short" for the season.

23SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 16:00

stour_boy

stour_boy

Announcement expected around tea time.

Only news so far is St Ives (near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire) promoted from UCL to SL Div 1 Central.

24SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 16:07

TRM

stour_boy wrote:Announcement expected around tea time.

Only news so far is St Ives (near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire) promoted from UCL to SL Div 1 Central.

Which, if correct and official, suggests that clubs being promoted, relegated or moved "sideways" have already been tipped off. I would assume that they've also been told to embargo the news until it's officially announced through the "proper" channels and St Ives have jumped the gun in their excitement!

Doesn't affect us, but interesting if they are in the SL as many guesses had them down as Isthmian 1 North candidates...

25SLP or NLP Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 16:15

Jack

Jack
Admin

So if all goes to plan, we'll know by tonight what league we're in next year?

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum