Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tom Tonks returns

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tom Tonks returns Empty Tom Tonks returns Wed Mar 09 2016, 13:34

Dan

Tom Tonks has returned to Stourbridge from AFC Telford. Great news!

2Tom Tonks returns Empty Re: Tom Tonks returns Wed Mar 09 2016, 13:46

Old Codger

The signings keep coming, and this one is bound to give the whole place a real lift.
Like everyone else I was gutted when Tonky left but could see his point in wanting to play in a higher division & he did seem to leave in the "right" manner, unlike a few other departures in recent times.
I worry that the player who left us might not be the player we get back in view of his lack of game-time & the fact that the season is rapidly running out.
That said, I have no doubt he will get up to speed very quickly, and with a very full match schedule until the end of the season he will strengthen the squad enormously.
Good to have you back Tonky !!!!

3Tom Tonks returns Empty Tom Tonks returns Wed Mar 09 2016, 15:29

redpike

Great news and a very warm welcome back, Tom !!!

Was slightly disappointed with how he left but that's all now forgiven and forgotten !

I've never known our squad to be so strong so hats off to AP and his fellow directors for sanctioning such a move. Our players' expenses must be sky-high but shows how determined the club is to get into National League North (or South).

Well done to all concerned !

4Tom Tonks returns Empty Re: Tom Tonks returns Thu Mar 10 2016, 23:11

Devil's Advocate

Very pleased to see Tonksy return.

At the moment it would be unfair to change a team that has won 8 out of it's last 9 league matches ( i think ) but there's no question he is a very good addition,a good character and a good team/squad man.

Getting Tom and Sean in the same side look's to be a difficult ask with the 4-4-2 formation we are using to such great effect this season and with Sean being more of a play maker than Tom and Lait and Dodd being virtual certainties to start then Tom might have a bit of a wait to get a run in the side.

That said,there will be some tough away trips and certain home matches where Tom's dogged style of play will come in very useful.

I also think there's times when we could utilise Sean further forward and tap into his goal scoring ability and Tom's signing certainly gives us the chance to surprise opposition with a change of formation.

Our wage bill is obviously going to be at it's highest ever level but surely this is what the cup run money should be used for,i'm pleased that the board have been less timid than in previous seasons and given Gary the backing he deserves for the on pitch cup successes.

We won't die wondering this season,i still think we can win this league and even if we don't most teams will dread having to face us in the play offs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]