Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jamie Insall

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jamie Insall Empty Jamie Insall Sat Jul 11 2015, 20:51

Devil's Advocate

I was really pleased to see Jamie in a Stourbridge shirt today at Bridgnorth.

Last autumn i'd read in the local Sunday paper about Jamie scoring three hat tricks ( i think ) in four games for Littleton,he'd replaced the prolific Joe Lolley who had gone to Kiddie then got a quick move into league football with Huddersfield Town,Lolley had been a player that interested Stour whilst at Littleton but we'd not taken a chance on him and the rest as they say is history!

Anyway,i mentioned Jamie's exploit's to the chairman ( which i reminded him of today Razz ) and i'd said i thought the club should be scouting him.

I thought he was excellent today,his movement and awareness was very good,his work rate was truly excellent and he kept on getting into great goalscoring positions but was constantly baulked by excellent saves by their keeper ( who despite his thin skin had an excellent game and pulled off three absolute "worldy" saves,a keeper that we should keep track of in my opinion! ) and by poor final ball into the box.

Jamie had a goal disallowed for for offside ( joke decision ) and this was a true poacher's goal as was his superb flying,flicked header that won the game for us.

His all round attitude was superb and he was not afraid to get stuck in physically and verbally,a nice bit of "attitude" but mixed with a high work and skill ethic.

Natural goalscorers are so hard to find but make no mistake this is what this lad is,if we don't sign him up we want our head's testing.

I hope he isn't classed as "too small" or not able to "play as a one up front" as we search for another Ryan Rowe.

IF ( BIG IF! ) we are brave enough to play him up front with a quality big guy Jamie Insall will score regularly and in a decent volume,if we don't snap him up he'll end up getting the goals for someone like Halesowen or Redditch and to me it's a real "no brainer" to give this lad a chance.

Well done today Jamie,i and a few other's were well impressed with your display.

2Jamie Insall Empty Re: Jamie Insall Fri Jul 31 2015, 17:41

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Have we lost this cracking little workaholic already?....started his weeks trial with Hibernian reserves and scored a goal and set one up in a 2-2 draw with Brentford.
Trains with the first team next week.
Mixed thoughts on this.... Want him to do well because he's a mate but would love him to stay at Stour.

3Jamie Insall Empty Re: Jamie Insall Wed Aug 05 2015, 17:39

Devil's Advocate

Looks like Hibernian are about to sign him.

Very pleased for Jamie but very peed off that we've missed out by not having him under contract.

It was obvious during the Bridgnorth friendly that he was a diamond,we really need to start waking up to talents like Insall and Murphy and getting them on contracts.

Good luck Jamie.

4Jamie Insall Empty Re: Jamie Insall Fri Aug 07 2015, 10:33

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Too slow off the mark again!!

5Jamie Insall Empty Re: Jamie Insall Fri Aug 21 2015, 21:52

Old Codger

Tricky Tree wrote:Too slow off the mark again!!

Don't get me wrong, I too think this lad has the makings of being the "shot in the arm" that we need up front, but I gotta say that Hibs aren't exactly moving at the speed of light on offering him a contract either.

6Jamie Insall Empty Re: Jamie Insall Sat Aug 22 2015, 01:03

Devil's Advocate

They offered him a contract a couple of weeks ago according to a friend of his I know. Maybe he's mulling it over or waiting to see if a club closer to home comes in for him.

Some clarity from Stour wouldn't go amiss on this topic to be honest!?

7Jamie Insall Empty Re: Jamie Insall Sat Aug 22 2015, 18:54

glassboypaul

What have the club got to update. It is between Hibernian FC and Jamie Insall now - it's out of the clubs hands

8Jamie Insall Empty Re: Jamie Insall Sat Aug 22 2015, 20:51

Devil's Advocate

He was with us pre season and created a great impression on many of us.

It appears that he hasn't yet signed for Hibs,some of us would like to know if that means there's a chance he might still join us for the season!

Is that clear enough for you GBP?

9Jamie Insall Empty Re: Jamie Insall Sat Aug 22 2015, 23:14

Old Codger

Devil's Advocate wrote:He was with us pre season and created a great impression on many of us.

It appears that he hasn't yet signed for Hibs,some of us would like to know if that means there's a chance he might still join us for the season!

Is that clear enough for you GBP?

The thing is, as I understand the situation, Hibs came in for him rather than stour offering him to them. Therefore I think GBP has a point.
I agree we would like to know if he is likely to come back, but we can't always have everything we want can we ?
Until he is confirmed as signing for Hibs there must be a chance that we get him back...unless Worcester come in for him, or Hednesford, or anybody else for that matter. Isn't that the pure ethos of none league ?

10Jamie Insall Empty Re: Jamie Insall Tue Aug 25 2015, 09:24

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Seeing as Jamie was at Rangers on Sunday and he's now living in Edinburgh I would hazard a guess that he's signed for Hibs.
They have offered to ship him out on loan to a team in Sweden.....why don't Stour sniff around and ask where they stand on a loan deal?

11Jamie Insall Empty Re: Jamie Insall Tue Aug 25 2015, 09:25

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Incidentally he has declined that loan move.

12Jamie Insall Empty Re: Jamie Insall Thu Sep 03 2015, 09:23

Old Codger

There's a nice piece in today's Daily Mail about Jamie's move to Hibs.

Well done Jamie, good luck son, I expect a fair few folk on Stour will be following your progress with keen interest !
Go get em young man !!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum