Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lewis Solly.

+8
Jack
oldhillglassboy
Marineland
bulla
brockmoor
Jane.N
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lewis Solly. Empty Lewis Solly. Tue Mar 17 2015, 16:31

Devil's Advocate

It seems that Stourbridge legend Lewis has re signed for us.

Great character Lewis and i'm sure he'll get a great welcome back.

Hopefully no truth in the rumour that we're about to announce the re signing of Chick Bates Shocked

2Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Tue Mar 17 2015, 16:56

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I like Lewis,he's a good bloke but didn't we ship him off because he was no longer good enough?
What all of a sudden makes him good enough now?
Another signing that smacks of absolute desperation and total panic.

3Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Tue Mar 17 2015, 17:41

Jane.N

Archie will be pleased to have lewisolly back though!

Think he left more as dean was in great form and he couldn't get his place back as opposed to him not being good enough.

That said - and I like him to - it's a most bizarre 'signing'.

4Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Fri Apr 10 2015, 14:02

Devil's Advocate

Coleman dropped for tomorrow and Lewis in so i hear.

5Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Fri Apr 10 2015, 15:14

brockmoor

brockmoor

Devil's Advocate wrote:Coleman dropped for tomorrow and Lewis in so i hear.

Yes, but the question is 'what position will he play'?!

I reckon he will go up front with Benbow in goal. They will keep Luke happy by sticking Haribo dummies on the goalposts!

6Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Fri Apr 10 2015, 15:20

Devil's Advocate

brockmoor wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:Coleman dropped for tomorrow and Lewis in so i hear.

Yes, but the question is 'what position will he play'?!

I reckon he will go up front with Benbow in goal. They will keep Luke happy by sticking Haribo dummies on the goalposts!

To be fair though Benbow does a cracking job between the sticks in the pre match and half time warm up's even when injured,when fully fit i bet he'd make a bloody awesome keeper.

You've come up with a winning idea there Brock.

Joking aside,if true i feel sorry for Deano who's had a different back four in front of him many times this season.

7Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Fri Apr 10 2015, 23:06

bulla

Cannot believe that Deano as been dropped for tomorrow's game he as been 1 of the most consistent players this season having to play with so many different players that Hackett as brought in to the back 4 .apparently it was said that he thought Deano needed a rest but if that's the case the why didn't Hackett give the youth keeper a game he as travelled all over the country on the bench so give him a game we have got nothing to play for but I think Hackett is trying to get the old faithful on side 50+players this season and couldn't get a settled side says everything he a got a clue

8Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Sat Apr 11 2015, 10:07

Marineland

Yesterday, I put a towel into a charity shop with the word SOLL printed on it. I got home to read that a horse called SOLL was racing in the National today. Then I go on your forum to see you have player called SOLLE returning and playing against us today. it will either win or fall at first fence but I've got two quid on it anyway. Lol

9Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Sat Apr 11 2015, 10:55

oldhillglassboy

Very surprised at this, Solly didn't look match fit at all in the Ilkeston game. I felt a change was needed in goal at the end of last season but Coleman has been much improved this time around, he's had to be given the poor and constantly changing defence in front of him. There are still too many mistakes for my liking, but this seems another odd decision to me.

Doesn't say much for young Hill either.

10Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Sat Apr 11 2015, 11:18

Jack

Jack
Admin

Not a clue as to why he's been dropped. Don't think Dom is ready just yet, though.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

11Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Sat Apr 11 2015, 11:31

Devil's Advocate

oldhillglassboy wrote:Very surprised at this, Solly didn't look match fit at all in the Ilkeston game.  I felt a change was needed in goal at the end of last season but Coleman has been much improved this time around, he's had to be given the poor and constantly changing defence in front of him.  There are still too many mistakes for my liking, but this seems another odd decision to me.

Doesn't say much for young Hill either.

To be honest OHGB,this once again highlights the complete waste of time our age group teams and youth team are,players are not being given a proper chance to step up.

30 years ago somebody had the guts to give a young Hackett and Ford a chance,it's a great pity that when ex players step into management that they forget what it's like to be young and to be chomping at the bit to get a chance.

This is nothing against Lewis at all,the bloke is a club legend but his back problems are well documented so why not give a kid a chance.

12Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Sat Apr 11 2015, 19:11

stoursi

Didn't think Dom Hill was our youth keeper thought he was older than that.

Can anyone confirm that?

13Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Sat Apr 11 2015, 19:18

baz

No Dom is not the youth team keeper.

14Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Sat Apr 11 2015, 22:25

Baggiestour

He drops a goalkeeper who on the whole has been one of our better players but still keeps picking a player that has scored once in 27 matches.....that's only one more than Dean Coleman

15Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Sat Apr 11 2015, 22:26

glassboypaul

Sorry but Hill wasn't that good against Rushall in the BSC. Also Dean was very unlucky to be dropped - there are some that are some of Gary's favourites who never ever get dropped who should have been dropped based on recent performances.

16Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Sat Apr 11 2015, 22:27

glassboypaul

To be fair Baggie Stour Benbow was dropped today. Weren't you at Worcester?

Some disappointing individual performances again today. From people who have under performed for a long while now but have always been Gary's favourites!!

17Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Sat Apr 11 2015, 23:05

Devil's Advocate

Nothing will change anytime soon.

Once again in the local paper Gary was dishing out stick to the players after the Halesowen debacle and warning them they were "playing for their squad place next season",hollow words when you have burned your way through over 50 players in one season,words like those carry no currency because our present crop ( sacred cows excluded of course ) probably know they'll be jettisoned in a couple of weeks time.

I'm fed up of hearing the excuses and the players being blamed for everything,the manager has had his pick of FIFTY PLUS players in just one season yet he's fireproof.

18Lewis Solly. Empty Re: Lewis Solly. Sun Apr 12 2015, 20:02

Baggiestour

No gb I was at the albion

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]