Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seasons Greeting's.

+6
Tricky Tree
sirsmileriiii
Old Codger
glassboypaul
Brian Handy
Devil's Advocate
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Seasons Greeting's. Empty Seasons Greeting's. Wed Dec 24 2014, 00:36

Devil's Advocate

To everyone at Stour and especially to the people who i enjoy such a laugh with,Brock,Baz,Jim,West Ham Ian,Tricky,Brucey,Brian Handy,Rob Hill,Alan,M6 Dave,Eric,Andy "Over the Hill",Joe,Nathan,DY9 Paul,Jane and young Jack and any of the regulars who i might have missed.

However good or bad the football may be the good humour and the many friend's i've made down at the club make it a very special place to me and long may it continue,have a good 'un everyone.

2Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Wed Dec 24 2014, 13:13

Brian Handy

Seasons greetings to you too DA,even when the football disappoints the banter and the camaraderie never fails.

3Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Wed Dec 24 2014, 13:22

glassboypaul

Devil's Advocate wrote:To everyone at Stour and especially to the people who i enjoy such a laugh with,Brock,Baz,Jim,West Ham Ian,Tricky,Brucey,Brian Handy,Rob Hill,Alan,M6 Dave,Eric,Andy "Over the Hill",Joe,Nathan,DY9 Paul,Jane and young Jack and any of the regulars who i might have missed.

However good or bad the football may be the good humour and the many friend's i've made down at the club make it a very special place to me and long may it continue,have a good 'un everyone.

You missed me, redpike, samhistory etc.

Yes Merry Christmas DA, thanks for your input at the meeting and I hope you will be at Stour a lot more than the Albion in the new year thanks to our fantastic form Very Happy

4Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Wed Dec 24 2014, 19:02

Old Codger

Would like to wish every one connected with the club, fans, players, management, and all the staff (especially in the club house and the chippy hut,) a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year.
I hope that 2015 will be good for everyone, especially Ben, and that we can at least make the play offs given the many hurdles that life has put in our way so far this season.
Wouldn't that be a great pressie !!

5Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Wed Dec 24 2014, 19:12

sirsmileriiii

Merry Christmas to one and all, and I hope Santa brings you all that you wish for. Question is: what time does the Carol Service start Wink

6Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Thu Dec 25 2014, 07:41

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I HATE "seasons greetings".......what's wrong with merry Christmas?
A season would be winter, spring, summer and Autumn, are we being wished a merry winter?!

Father Christmas..... Not Santa..... God it gets on my tits.

7Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Thu Dec 25 2014, 10:27

Nath

Tricky Tree wrote:I HATE "seasons greetings".......what's wrong with merry Christmas?
A season would be winter, spring, summer and Autumn, are we being wished a merry winter?!

Father Christmas..... Not Santa..... God it gets on my tits.

Exactly, we are not bloody German! Father Christmas it is and should always be in this country.

I too hate this de-Christianising of Christmas. I remember a few years ago, didn't Birmingham rename the City's celebrations as WinterFest to avoid upsetting the non-Christian community. It wont be long before Christmas is banned altogether at this rate.

8Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Thu Dec 25 2014, 17:45

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Nath wrote:I remember a few years ago, didn't Birmingham rename the City's celebrations as WinterFest to avoid upsetting the non-Christian community.

No they didn't. Urban myth.

What they did was set up "Winterval" as a way of encompassing ALL festivals from late October through to the New Year. Christmas was very much the centre piece and at no time was Winterval EVER thought of as a replacement word for Christmas.

Except in the twisted minds of the people who run the Daily Mail obviously.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/nov/08/winterval-modern-myth-christmas

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-chris-allen/muslim-christmas-ban_b_4464410.html

The Wail finally admitted its mistake in 2011!

http://www.theweek.co.uk/media/42231/myth-winterval-shattered-daily-mail-admits-error

http://blog.newhumanist.org.uk/2011/11/daily-mail-finally-admits-it-was-wrong.html

Frankly, if you ever ask any non-Christians if they find the promotion of Christmas offensive their answer will probably be along the lines of "Don't be ridiculous".

9Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Thu Dec 25 2014, 17:47

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Tricky Tree wrote:I HATE "seasons greetings".......what's wrong with merry Christmas?

Happy holidays, Tricky!

Laughing

10Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Fri Dec 26 2014, 09:32

Aled

I'm going to start a thread about fluffy kittens and see if that one turns into an argument : )

11Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Fri Dec 26 2014, 09:54

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Aled wrote:I'm going to start a thread about fluffy kittens and see if that one turns into an argument : )

I effing hate cats,devils creature.
Not our devil.

12Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Fri Dec 26 2014, 10:19

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

That'll be a "yes" then!

Wink

13Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Fri Dec 26 2014, 12:48

glassboypaul

I can't stand the PC obsessive culture in Birmingham City Council including the 'Winterval' saga. It's synonymous with everything that is wrong about this country at the moment.

Dave seems to have his own agenda on the matter....

14Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Fri Dec 26 2014, 18:11

Nath

The Guardian is full of as much politically correct left-wing propaganda as the Daily Mail can be considered full of right-wing sentiments.

If anyone could have laid odds on which paper would be leaping to the defence of Birmingham City Council then I would have lumped on it being The Guardian!

15Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Fri Dec 26 2014, 23:22

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Nath wrote:The Guardian is full of as much politically correct left-wing propaganda as the Daily Mail can be considered full of right-wing sentiments.

If anyone could have laid odds on which paper would be leaping to the defence of Birmingham City Council then I would have lumped on it being The Guardian!

The Guardian has to be up there with the worst paper's ever written....Absolutely moronic left wing crap.

16Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Sat Dec 27 2014, 00:12

Nath

Tricky Tree wrote:
Nath wrote:The Guardian is full of as much politically correct left-wing propaganda as the Daily Mail can be considered full of right-wing sentiments.

The Guardian has to be up there with the worst paper's ever written....Absolutely moronic left wing crap.

I honestly don't know who buys the rag. It's a disgrace. They call it a broad sheet paper as if that supposedly excuses them to be able to publish the left-wing drivel they come out with. No wonder this country is f****d if the so called intellectuals buy into all that crap.

17Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Sat Dec 27 2014, 00:21

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Nath wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

I honestly don't know who buys the rag. It's a disgrace. They call it a broad sheet paper as if that supposedly excuses them to be able to publish the left-wing drivel they come out with. No wonder this country is f****d if the so called intellectuals buy into all that crap.

Not intellectuals Nath..
Moronic idiots who think it's "cool".

18Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re: Seasons Greeting's. Sat Dec 27 2014, 00:29

Nath

Tricky Tree wrote:
Nath wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

Not intellectuals Nath..
Moronic idiots who think it's "cool".

Exactly. They won't be thinking it's so cool when they've got no chance of getting a job or anywhere to live after their 20th year of compulsory education.

19Seasons Greeting's. Empty Re Seasons Greetings Sat Dec 27 2014, 10:37

samhistory

samhistory

Only paper to read is the Morning Star.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum