Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barwell - Tonight

+7
redpike
oldhillglassboy
Tricky Tree
brockmoor
Devil's Advocate
Baggiestour
sirsmileriiii
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Barwell - Tonight Empty Barwell - Tonight Tue Nov 25 2014, 12:08

sirsmileriiii

Am looking forward to this game, providing the pitch ay' frozen.

I will start the predictions by going for another 2-1 to stour, and hope we get another decent crowd.  If it's as cold tonight as last night, then we could do with some of them flares to warm us all up Wink

2Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Tue Nov 25 2014, 13:23

Baggiestour

I'll bring the ones with me that I took off the FC fans

3Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Tue Nov 25 2014, 15:52

Devil's Advocate

What about parking issues due to visiting fans? Laughing

Even if they only bring 3 to watch them they're usually safer kept in a cage.

4Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Tue Nov 25 2014, 21:47

brockmoor

brockmoor

Another great performance, I'm sure Rasam would agree, shame he missed it. Rolling Eyes

It was a struggle to tear myself away with twenty minutes to go. lol!

5Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Tue Nov 25 2014, 22:17

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Twenty to go?
I made it when the second went in,roughly 30 left.

Total utter crap,95% hoof ball.
At least the bench were offering words of encouragement! Question

6Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Tue Nov 25 2014, 22:44

oldhillglassboy

After the lord mayor's show to put it mildly.

An identical game/result (and weather!) to the last time i saw Barwell, you can certainly have no doubt what to expect from them and we where poor all over the park.  They pressed very quickly allowing us no time and the game seemed pretty much up when they went in front, I couldn't see us scoring tonight.  The free kick and booking in the run up to second goal wasn't even a foul I thought, but we got what we deserved i'm afraid.  Morgan-Parker looked the liveliest player when he came on, I think ramsey-dicksons attempted header summed tonight up well.

One to forget.

7Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Wed Nov 26 2014, 00:14

Devil's Advocate

Really looking forward to getting a match report from our resident "ex pro" as long as he wasn't on one of his international high exec trips,no doubt scouting for a world powerhouse such as Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

There was no real difference between tonight's match and the FC United match apart from the result,the actual football on offer is dire,no creativity in midfield,no player breaking the first tackle and attacking the space in front of him and even if we had that player,there's not a lot for him to then look forward to in terms of forward quality.

Managers and coaches always know best,theres no way a fan can ever win the argument with them but for the life of me i cannot understand how KRD can get the centre forward gig,his hold up play and reading of the game in the forward position are simply not good enough.

I watch the way Bowerman moves,his appreciation of space and his awareness and the quality of his finishes,i simply cannot fathom how he is not playing down the middle as centre forward whilst Benbow is still not fit.

I'll never be a "happy clapper",i'm not going to say things just be popular and toe the party line and i know the usual suspect will be waiting to jump on my comments,quite frankly i couldn't give a "Daffy Duck" what said poster thinks,in my opinion the team has gone backwards quite alarmingly in terms of football quality,the actual entertainment level is extremely poor at present,this is a pale shadow of the side of a couple of years ago,watching Stour was real value when Wurzel,Rowe,Ben,Lloydy,Bennett et al were in their pomp,we played football on the found,we passed and moved and entertained,i'm afraid that is usually no longer the case and i find it quite sad.

There is absolutely no criticism from me about commitment and attitude though,the effort is still there,nobody is taking the pee and not putting in a shift,the actual effort perhaps deserves better results at times but i feel we need to go back to playing the Stourbridge way rather than this longer ball approach.

We simply have to find a quality midfield schemer to replace Sean and a couple of quality strikers pronto or this season is dead in the water.

8Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Wed Nov 26 2014, 08:51

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil you forgot to mention Rocky from a couple of years a go.

9Barwell - Tonight Empty Barwell - tonight Wed Nov 26 2014, 10:13

redpike

Last night was a huge disappointment on many fronts - the low attendance, hardly any atmosphere, the result and, worst of all, the performance.

A team can usually do well if just one or two players have off-nights but, last night, things didn't work out for too many of our lads.

We hardly threatened Barwell who looked as if they were playing at home and who deserved to win. They looked a team in form and were the best team seen at Amblecote so far this season.

I do hope that the defeat has only put a sllght dent in last Saturday's good work and and optimism.

Roll on Buxton !

10Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Wed Nov 26 2014, 10:16

rasam

For once i concede defeat and totally agree with your comments DA, there was no committment no passion, the most dire game i have seen them play so much so i left with about 20 mins to go Crying or Very sad

11Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Wed Nov 26 2014, 10:37

brockmoor

brockmoor

rasam wrote:For once i concede defeat and totally agree with your comments DA, there was no committment no passion, the most dire game i have seen them play so much so i left with about 20 mins to go Crying or Very sad

Jeeze

I hope people don't get me & you confused! No

Joking apart, like so many games in the past year or so there were so many negatives, and really struggling to find any positives once more. Our management look completely lost and divide of any ideas. We have played Barwell enough times in the past few years to know what theyre about. Have lessons been learnt? No, all night we simply played the long ball where their defence swallowed everything up. I'm not sure that their team even broke sweat last night it was so easy for them.

The old line of player injuries blah blah will be strung out. But crickey oh riley, can we simply not help our selves by playing players in the correct positions? Just what is done in training every week?

I for one am not going to pay a tenner to watch that **** every week that's for sure.

12Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Wed Nov 26 2014, 11:30

rasam

I agree with the comments about injuries in that you can only harp on about them for so long however having been in the position of being injured myself during my playing career, coming back too soon which is what most players want to do can have a detrimental side to it.
At this level having a physio is important as it is at premiership level the only difference is I suppose that they the team only meet up 3 times a week and I suppose with the run of Tuesday games it must be quite difficult to treat players as well as getting them fit to return to games.
From what I am told the Stourbridge physio is a decent bloke and does his best.
On the whole as I said on my previous thread, on this occasion and for the Barwell game I wholeheartedly support the views made on the forum.
I at least have the opportunity to watch a couple of more games before Christmas then I am away for about 2/3 months so I will take this opportunity to wish all forum members a happy Christmas and new year. Hope we get a result against Halesowen a game that I really wanted to see.
Very Happy

13Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Wed Nov 26 2014, 12:26

baz

Very disappointing again,at least we put a bit of a fight near the end!

14Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Thu Nov 27 2014, 07:56

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

baz wrote:Very disappointing again,at least we put a bit of a fight near the end!

No good when we are two down Baz....do it from the off.

15Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Thu Nov 27 2014, 11:33

baz

Totally agree with you,yeh we should of been pressing them from the start but was trying to find anything positive!

16Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Thu Nov 27 2014, 13:14

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows:

PAUL McCONE 11 votes
Josh Morgan-Parker 8
Decided not to vote 5
Kyle Haynes 2
Peter Till 1
Chris Knight 1
Kayelden Brown 1
Sean Geddes 1
Rasam 1 ( for having the good judgement to leave after the second goal) 1
(I don't normally show the reasons, but thought this needed an explanation)

Winner of the wine was PAUL BROOKES

Thank you to everyone who took part.

17Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Thu Nov 27 2014, 13:49

Jack

Jack
Admin

Sean Geddes
Hahahahahahaha

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

18Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Thu Nov 27 2014, 14:16

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Jack wrote:Sean Geddes
Hahahahahahaha

Well he was at the game Nory.

19Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Thu Nov 27 2014, 14:17

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Brian Handy wrote:Man of the Match voting was as follows:

PAUL McCONE  11 votes
Josh Morgan-Parker 8
Decided not to vote 5
Kyle Haynes 2
Peter Till 1
Chris Knight 1
Kayelden Brown 1
Sean Geddes 1

What did we talk about Brian?

20Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Thu Nov 27 2014, 16:40

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:
Brian Handy wrote:Man of the Match voting was as follows:

PAUL McCONE  11 votes
Josh Morgan-Parker 8
Decided not to vote 5
Kyle Haynes 2
Peter Till 1
Chris Knight 1
Kayelden Brown 1
Sean Geddes 1

What did we talk about Brian?

It's no good Brian feeding your addiction Tricky………he's actually trying to help by making sure you never win Laughing

21Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Thu Nov 27 2014, 18:34

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I'll be getting the yips before long.

22Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Sat Nov 29 2014, 19:50

Baggiestour

S

23Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Sat Nov 29 2014, 19:52

Baggiestour

What's gone on at Buxton today?

24Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Sat Nov 29 2014, 20:32

Jack

Jack
Admin

3 outfield subs. Second half capitulation. Incompetent defending.

I wasn't there, but that's just what I've read.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

25Barwell - Tonight Empty Re: Barwell - Tonight Sat Nov 29 2014, 20:40

brockmoor

brockmoor

Jack wrote:3 outfield subs. Second half capitulation. Incompetent defending.

I wasn't there, but that's just what I've read.

We're not going backwards though Jack!

I remember a time when we played Buxton twice in the same season, and deservedly won twice. A team full of flair going forward and strong defensively.

Look how far we have come. pale

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum