Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conduct on the Forum: Please read

+3
Jane.N
Aled
Jack
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Conduct on the Forum: Please read Thu Sep 11 2014, 17:12

Jack

Jack
Admin

Afternoon all,

As you are all aware it has been a quite turbulent couple of weeks at the club with a few players leaving such as Sean Geddes, at times the posts regarding some issues have got quite heated, and that's to be expected. However, while on the Forum administration panel, I came across a section entitled 'REPORTS'. Quite a while ago, this forum was reported for comments made on a thread which someone reading didn't like. (Being able to report a comment is common practice on most sites). The host board we are with have a policy of 3 strikes and you're out, and that was our first warning. However, it has came to my attention that at some point in the past week, we have a received our second warning. Essentially, one more and the forum will be closed without choice.

Thus, why I feel it is now appropriate to create such a thread.

The number of people that read this forum, without being signed up is a scary number, I could, in theory close it to members only, however I don't really think that's necessary. However, the point is ANYONE can read what we put on here. Signed up or not. The 2 reports I know for a fact haven't came from members of the forum. Any comments that could be viewed offensive to an individual will be dealt with, whether that be a player, member of management OR member of this forum. That doesn't constitute 'Luke had a poor game today'. (Sorry, Luke Very Happy ) However comments making indecent accusations, offensive comments etc etc will not be tolerated. I like to think that Stour is a little different to most clubs and the tight knitted feel we have, players, supporters and management alike is what makes us special. In the last few weeks, comments have been made that have put that link in an awkward position, and have also put me in an awkward position on exactly what to do. It isn't an easy job and I would be most grateful if you could all comply and cooperate together.

This is by no means suggesting this place is going to be a Stour propaganda machine. If you disagree with something at the club, post it, debate is healthy-no-one has an issue on that. However, at times, it has recently gone too far, and I've tried to ignore it up to now, and hope it fizzled out, however seeing as we are on the last warning, I now have no choice but to say something!

Once again, thanks for you cooperation and for making this forum a success, and see you all soon, whether that be at Market Drayton, Barwell or Curzon.

Cheers, Jack.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

2Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Re: Conduct on the Forum: Please read Thu Sep 11 2014, 18:38

Aled

To be honest mate, if making the posts only readable to forum members helps avoid this problem then I say go for it. I look at a few forums and have never felt compelled to report anything I've seen. Some folk are over sensitive.

I know, for example, that Rasam has copped a fair bit of banter, but I love the arguments between him and others. Meks me laugh : )

3Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Re: Conduct on the Forum: Please read Thu Sep 11 2014, 19:59

Jane.N

I think the 3 reports and you are out a little harsh -anyone could make a report out of spite just to cause trouble!! Question

Still I think the need for this thread is valid - as I pointed out a few days ago, I have felt uncomfortable about some of the posts recently. Embarassed

We are a family club and the management are a friendly, approachable bunch and as such I don't feel some comments are needed.

Well done Jack - keep up the good work. Smile

4Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Re: Conduct on the Forum: Please read Thu Sep 11 2014, 20:24

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Obviously not having a pop at you Nory,you're just doing your job but good grief,do these sort of people really exist?
If they don't like what they read then just don't come on the forum again.
Utterly unbelievable..... or rather not in today's ridiculously over sensitive world.

5Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Re: Conduct on the Forum: Please read Thu Sep 11 2014, 21:31

rasam

Very interesting but its a sad fact of life that some people don't have a sense of humour or they don't understand what a forum is for. Well done jack for the information
Maybe DA has upset someone.:-)

6Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Re: Conduct on the Forum: Please read Fri Sep 12 2014, 09:44

Jack

Jack
Admin

rasam wrote:Very interesting but its a sad fact of life that some people don't have a sense of humour or they don't understand what a forum is for. Well done jack for the information
Maybe DA has upset someone.:-)

On a thread about conduct, including towards forum members, I'm not entirely sure that bringing up a poster-a poster who hasn't even replied to this thread-was really necessary? This forum is for discussion about Stour, and Stour only (Unless Off topic), if people would rather have pops at one another, could they do it elsewhere?

Cheers, Jack

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

7Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Re: Conduct on the Forum: Please read Fri Sep 12 2014, 10:31

Old Codger

Well said Jack
I am a new poster and a fairly new convert to Stour.
I think the family atmosphere at the WMG is a joy to behold, it makes going to matches a great trip out for me with my son and grandson.
A far cry from the Sky dominated cash machine that pro football has become.

I have enjoyed reading the thoughts  of longer standing supporters on this forum and have been thinking of joining in for a while.
What has put me off, until Jack's post, was the almost aggressive nature of some recent debates.

Am I the only potential new poster to think like this ?

Jack mentioned the scary number of guests who do not register......could they be thinking like wise ?

I will be going to Market Drayton tomorrow......might get me photo took with The Cup!
Now that's a nice thought !

COYG

Last edited by Old Codger on Fri Sep 12 2014, 12:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing error)

8Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Re: Conduct on the Forum: Please read Fri Sep 12 2014, 14:03

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Not always aggressive on here Old Codger,I'm as guilty as anyone for over stepping the mark when wound up but a fair few friendships been forged through this forum.

9Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Re: Conduct on the Forum: Please read Fri Sep 12 2014, 19:30

Old Codger

Fair enough Tricky, I can see how friendships could arise from the forum, but we must not loose sight of the fact that we (that is The Stour Forum ) are on our final warning so perhaps better not to rise to the bait if folks try to wind you up.

I would hate to see this forum closed down as I for one have learned a lot about Stour's recent history from reading old posts.

Hope you manage to get to the match tomorrow,

10Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Re: Conduct on the Forum: Please read Fri Sep 12 2014, 19:35

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Old Codger wrote:Fair enough Tricky, I can see how friendships could arise from the forum, but we must not loose sight of the fact that we (that is The Stour Forum ) are on our final warning so perhaps better not to rise to the bait if folks try to wind you up.

I would hate to see this forum closed down as I for one have learned a lot about Stour's recent history from reading old posts.

Hope you manage to get to the match tomorrow,

It's not so much people on the forum that wind me up Codger,more the club itself.

11Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Re: Conduct on the Forum: Please read Sat Sep 13 2014, 10:54

Tricky Tree wrote:Utterly unbelievable..... or rather not in today's ridiculously over sensitive world.

Welcome to the nanny-state that used to be called England.

If this forum didn't have banter on it then it would be really boring, we all just have to remember to never go over the top.  After all we're all entitled to an opinion, even if others don't agree Wink

12Conduct on the Forum: Please read Empty Re: Conduct on the Forum: Please read Sat Sep 13 2014, 23:09

Baggiestour

A forum is for fans to air their views, I agree that personal remarks should not be put on here.what I am pissed off about is the fact that one or two people are a bit pissed off about fans who criticisie the management or the running of the club.
There will always be fans who are not happy the way the club is run and those people who can't take criticism DONT LOOK AT THE FORUM..simples

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum