Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rushall Olympic on Bank Holiday Monday.

+6
Tricky Tree
stour_boy
StourLeedsMark
dave w
Jane.N
Devil's Advocate
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Devil's Advocate

Just noticed this is a 7.45pm kick off which came as a surprise.

Looking forward to hopefully speaking the Baggies legend Richard Sneekes the Rushall manager,the bloke is an absolute gent,one of the nicest people i've had the privelledge to meet.

Hope he doesn't strap the boots on... Laughing 

Devil's Advocate wrote:one of the nicest people i've had the privelledge to meet.

Or even privilege to meet Wink 

It's an evening kick-off because of the cricket apparently, just hope we can get back to winning ways against Rushall. If we can make the War Memorial Ground fortress Stourbridge, then it will make things slightly easier when we do lose away. We've been playing so well recently it makes losing harder to accept. BARMY LLAMAS!!!

Jane.N

I am really looking forward to this one. My new job has meant me missing first 2 Saturdays and am working every Saturday til at least the end of September if not October so all midweek games will be gratefully received!!

Still need to sort our season tickets out, do any of you know if that can be done tomorrow - maybe I will messaged Steve Hyde and see.

Looking forward to catching up with you all there!  Smile   Smile 

dave w

Jane.N wrote:I am really looking forward to this one. My new job has meant me missing first 2 Saturdays and am working every Saturday til at least the end of September if not October so all midweek games will be gratefully received!!

Still need to sort our season tickets out, do any of you know if that can be done tomorrow  - maybe I will messaged Steve Hyde and see.

Looking forward to catching up with you all there!  Smile   Smile 

I've got mine waiting for me at the ground if that's any help.

Jane.N

Cheers Dave, I have sent Steve a message so hopefully I can get it sorted. Smile

StourLeedsMark

First game I've realistically been able to make this season and one of the few I can make in Aug/Sept. Looking forward to it.

1-0 HT
1-1 at 60 mins after taking foot off accelerator.
Stour 2 goals in last 10 minutes to win 3-1

You heard it here first. :-)

StourLeedsMark

First game I've realistically been able to make this season and one of the few I can make in Aug/Sept. Looking forward to it.

Atd 457
1-0 HT
1-1 at 60 mins after taking foot off accelerator.
Stour 2 goals in last 10 minutes to win 3-1

You heard it here first. :-)

Devil's Advocate

Just back home from the match.

Very poor,no lack of effort but far too much long ball played in conditions that did not call for it.

Fair play to Rushall's 10 men for a "backs to the wall" defensive display and they earned the bits of luck they got.

I'll keep saying it,probably to no avail but we are desperately in need of a decent centre forward who can win a ball in the air but more importantly who can hold the ball up and allow our midfield to bomb on.

stour_boy

stour_boy

Disappointing result against a poor Rushall side, who offered little quality tonight. The conditions didn't help, and the sending off confirmed their aspirations at snatching a point and shutting up shop.

We didn't create much but should have been ahead at half time with Brown's chance.

The way they celebrated at the end spoke volumes for the concluding comment - a point gained for them, two lost for us.

Have to say the conditions didn't help us but I thought Ben and Sean didn't play well tonight; which limited our attacking options. The inclusion of Fitz on the bench was also strange to me given his performances so far (disclaimer: wasn't at Kings Lynn).

Defence played well again, with Knighty superb.

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Sat at Stour junction waiting for my train back to rainy Worcester wondering why I bothered tonight..... Obviously for the love or because I'm saft in the head.

I thought we were devoid of any ideas second half and you'd never have guessed Rushall were down to ten.
I thought fitz did ok at Kings Lynn and was surprised he didn't start.

Gary.....get a bloody striker....we are desperate for one.

oldhillglassboy

Horrendous night and a disapointing result, the approach play was good, but once we failed to capitalise on the early chances, it looked like one of those nights. It was a good defensive display from Rushall when down to 10 men, red mist moment for the red card, particualrly as he'd escaped a booking just prior to that. Rushall didn't create much although Coleman did well to tip the first half effort from Danks on to the bar. We didn't play badly but lacked a cutting edge.

First competitive action i've seen since April, glad it's back.

12Rushall Olympic on Bank Holiday Monday. Empty rushall olympic Tue Aug 26 2014, 09:49

redpike

After we had missed several good chances early on, it always looked a game with 0 - 0 written over it. Rushall did come more into the match as the half progressed with Dean tipping a goal-bound shot onto the crossbar.

In the second half, they rarely threatened and even though we had the majority of play, although it became very predictable through Kyle on the right, not many chances were created.

All of our back three had good games with Chris particularly looking solid.

With Sean having a quiet game and even though, at times, our football was pleasing to the eye, we weren't inventive enough to beat a good goalkeeper and his packed defence.

I can't remember the last time that there was a goalless league game at home. Can anyone enlighten me, please ?

Jack

Jack
Admin

Last night was hugely frustrating. We could and probably should have been 3-0 up after about 15 minutes, but after that, we just lost our way and until the last 5 minutes offered no intense pressure to a side who really weren't special at all. I think that's the most frustrating thing about the past 3 days. We've dropped points against teams we should be beating. A point away at FC for example, wouldn't be the end of the world, however last night we should have beaten them. The issue of a striker has been done to death now. There is clearly a different view between some fans and the 3 on the touchline, and its our job to back Gary and the team with their decisions. Is it the right one? Time will tell, however the sooner Luke is back to full fitness the better.

So, 4 games in and we have 7 points from a possible 12 and sit just outside the Play offs. For me, that's not a bad start at all. Its 3 more than FC, the title favourites. I've no doubt we will get better as the season go's on.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

14Rushall Olympic on Bank Holiday Monday. Empty rushall olympic Tue Aug 26 2014, 10:48

redpike

I've answered my own question. The last goalless draw at home in the league was, I think, Kettering in September 2012. No wonder I forgot !

Jack wrote:I've no doubt we will get better as the season go's on.

Yes if we can find someone who knows where the back of the net is Wink

Brian Handy

Man of the Match Votes were;

CHRIS KNIGHT 13
Sean 6
Kyle & Ben 3 each
KRD, Leon & Louis 1 each

Wine was won by NEIL STEVENS-WOOD

Thanks to everyone who took part.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: