Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arlesey Town away.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Arlesey Town away. Empty Arlesey Town away. Thu Feb 13 2014, 11:55

Devil's Advocate

Their pitch look's a bit rough at the best of times so i'm expecting Saturday's match to be off with the weather forecast the way it is.

Do Arlesey have a history of postponements TRM or anyone else?

2Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Thu Feb 13 2014, 20:02

TRM

Don't think they've had too many called off, from memory.

Only been there once - the first time we went in March two years ago on a really hot dry day. The pitch was awful - you can understand it being dry and dusty in that weather but it wasn't anything like flat and I would have said it was close to dangerous in places. Certainly not great for playing football.

Can't get there on Saturday, but we owe them one from before Christmas. Their home record is average (W5 D6 L4). It's a game we need to get at the very least a draw from, and ideally a win.

Last edited by TRM on Thu Feb 13 2014, 22:40; edited 1 time in total

3Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Thu Feb 13 2014, 22:31

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Don't think they've had too many called off, from memory.

Only been there once - the first time we went in March two years ago on a really hot dry day. The pitch was awful - you can undretsnad it being dry and dusty in that weather but it wasn't anything like flat and I would have said it was close to dangerous in places. Certainly not great for playing football.

Can't get there on Saturday, but we owe them one from before Christmas. Their home record is average (W5 D6 L4). It's a game we need to get at the very least a draw from, and ideally a win.

Cheers for the info Rich,from recent video highlights the pitch look's awful,i have a feeling Saturday's match won't make it.

4Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Sat Feb 15 2014, 00:24

TRM

Pitch inspection at 10 am tomorrow.

Or rather, today.

5Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Sat Feb 15 2014, 00:26

TRM

Post on the SL forum from an Arlesey-ite about 20 minutes ago about the chances for the game...

"Pretty remote I would say, weather atrocious blowing a gale and wet !!"

6Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Sat Feb 15 2014, 10:30

TRM

Match is ON, in case anybody didn't know already.

7Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Sat Feb 15 2014, 14:20

Devil's Advocate

Benbow on the bench.

Starting eleven same as for last match from the looks of it.

COYGB.

8Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Sat Feb 15 2014, 15:38

Devil's Advocate

3-1 up after 25 minutes,Ben,Gedds pen are two of the goals.

9Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Sat Feb 15 2014, 16:55

Devil's Advocate

5-1 HT and FT.

Well done lads.

10Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Sat Feb 15 2014, 20:23

Aled

Boooooooooooooommmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

11Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Sun Feb 16 2014, 08:19

TRM

Cracking result! Thanks to Jim for keeping me updated. Sounds like we played the windy conditions well. Annoying that Harris got sent off - obviously can't comment on the circumstances, but Jim didn't seem to think he was hard-done-by and it's the sort of thing that shouldn't be happening when you're 5-1 up midway through the second half.

I'm loathe to say it, but I feel that we're building up a head of steam now. Four wins and a draw from the last five games, and 20 goals scored, and for most of that time we've been without Luke, and Tommy hasn't started firing yet either. There's more to come, I feel. If we could just start accumulating a few "nils" at the other end...

Next Saturday is a big test. The table suggests Hemel are better than any other team by a margin. Our home record against them is a shocker - would be nice to start rectifying that!

We've got a bit in hand on Bideford who have played three games more, and the gap to Poole is growing with them not playing yesterday - they still have oodles of games in hand but there's a psychological impact when you start to see your rivals disappearing into the distance whilst you sit twiddling your thumbs. St Albans losing yesterday has dragged them back to us a bit too.

Starting to feel a bit more optimistic.

12Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Sun Feb 16 2014, 08:41

baz

Was a good result against an average side,we made the best of the windy conditions,like Ben B two free kicks,were good goals,Dean did not have to make a save! No complaints about sending off,he wil learn!

13Arlesey Town away. Empty Re: Arlesey Town away. Sun Feb 16 2014, 14:45

Brian Handy

Good team performance in difficult conditions , we controlled the game from the off and apart from the goal and a couple of goalmouth scrambles I cannot recall Arlesey threatening.Sending off was for Harris giving their No 7 a Scottish handshake (Reminded me of John Horne & Morgan Brookes ), totally unnecessary. Ben scored a good hat trick, but I thought Leon & Will at the back had good games and seemed untroubled by the conditions .Netan must have read the forum comments as he seemed to get forward more than of late and got a few good crosses in.

MotM was Ben with 14 votes, Leon received 3 & Will 1.

Hugh Clark won the wine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum