Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stour fan's football match.

+6
PhilC
Tricky Tree
Brian Handy
UlsterJim
Jack
Devil's Advocate
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stour fan's football match. Empty Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 12:31

Devil's Advocate

I'm sure i'll live to regret this but don't you think we should try to arrange a match at Amblecote for the fan's to participate in?

I got to play at West Brom a year ago,on the Hawthorn's pitch,in a tournament and it was a great experience but alas i got injured and didn't participate for long.

I'd like to think we could create enough interest amongst us to come up with at least two squad's and that we could charge each participant a small fee along with any friend's/family who want to come and watch and then pass on the takings to an agreed charity.

Who's interested?

2Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 12:50

Jack

Jack
Admin

I'd be up for it.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

3Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 13:02

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:I'd be up for it.

Yes,but what about the football?

4Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 14:08

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

I'll play in the veterans team.

http://www.nibadges.com

5Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 14:28

Devil's Advocate

UlsterJim wrote:I'll play in the veterans team.

Like that actually needed stating for anyone Jim :-0

6Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 14:59

Brian Handy

I'll stroll about, as long as there's an oxygen supply available , ST John's in attendance & you can find shorts big enough to accommodate me !

7Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 15:28

Devil's Advocate

Brian Handy wrote:I'll stroll about, as long as there's an oxygen supply available , ST John's in attendance & you can find shorts big enough to accommodate me !

There will be a "youngsters" team and a "veterans" team Brian,there will NOT be a "coffin dodgers" outfit due to the high insurance premium required.

You barely have strength to pass the MOTM voting papers around at matches these days!

8Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 15:43

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Anyone got any size 11's knocking around?(boots obviously)

9Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 15:49

PhilC

Count me in ... be like the old days doing Jim's running for him

10Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 15:49

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Anyone got any size 11's knocking around?(boots obviously)

I've already penciled you in for a spot leading the line Tricky with me feeding off your knock on's

Your reputation goes before you sir,you are the first name on the team sheet AND i suspect……the first name in the ref's notebook.

I'm looking forward to seeing you decapitate Jack with a knee high lunge.

Last edited by Devil's Advocate on Mon Dec 09 2013, 15:51; edited 1 time in total

11Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:04

TRM

Devil's Advocate wrote:

I've already penciled you in for a spot leading the line Tricky with me feeding off your knock on's

Your reputation goes before you sir,you are the first name on the team sheet AND i suspect……the first name in the ref's notebook.

Point of order - I'm not sure that's physically possible! Unless Jack is on all fours, maybe?

12Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:05

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

Point of order - I'm not sure that's physically possible! Unless Jack is on all fours, maybe?
You'd be surprised TRM.....

13Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:19

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

Will you be offering your services Rich?

We'll need someone to carry the bucket and write a match report :-)

14Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:24

TRM

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

Can't play with glasses on.

Can't see without.

I'll be ref. It'll give you all the chance to let out some pent-up frustration. Don't worry, I'm nearly blind, have a passing knowledge of the laws and look ridiculous in shorts. Perfect for the job, I'd say!

15Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:28

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

Can't play with glasses on.

Can't see without.

I'll be ref. It'll give you all the chance to let out some pent-up frustration. Don't worry, I'm nearly blind, have a passing knowledge of the laws and look ridiculous in shorts. Perfect for the job, I'd say!

You really have to play Rich,physical ability is no barrier in a game like this.

I'm looking forward to you scoring and Hughie coming on the loudspeaker to announce that he "hasn't a clue" who the scorer is.

16Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 18:18

flexcavana

You can count me in too... What would the age brackets for Juniors / Vets? I'm intrigued as to what side I fall on.

If we can't scrabble together 22+ for a 'proper' game, then maybe a forum 5 a side might be an option.

Bags not in goal first.

17Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 18:34

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

flexcavana wrote:You can count me in too... What would the age brackets for Juniors / Vets? I'm intrigued as to what side I fall on.

If we can't scrabble together 22+ for a 'proper' game, then maybe a forum 5 a side might be an option.

Bags not in goal first.
Nah.....five a side is crap....full blown eleven a side over 90 minutes.
That's the way to do it.

18Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 19:03

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Brian Handy wrote:I'll stroll about, as long as there's an oxygen supply available , ST John's in attendance & you can find shorts big enough to accommodate me !

You're just bragging now, Brian!

Shocked 

19Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 19:15

Brian Handy

Devil's Advocate wrote:

There will be a "youngsters" team and a "veterans" team Brian,there will NOT be a "coffin dodgers" outfit due to the high insurance premium required.

You barely have strength to pass the MOTM voting papers around at matches these days!

Don't worry I have the undertakers on speed dial.

I can always be the physio and run on and squirt water all over you when you pretend to be injured to get a rest, that'll be after about 2 mins probably? Very Happy 
Failing that I can be the mascot, dressed as a little devil?

20Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Mon Dec 09 2013, 22:28

Devil's Advocate

Rather than this just turning into a rambling thread full of piss takes and drivel i've decided to put a separate post "Off Topic" on which i just want those interested in playing to show their interest in competing in a fan's veteran's versus youngsters type of match.

My intention,as stated previously is to agree a charity to which any proceed's will be given and to charge maybe £5 per participant and a small amount of entry fee ( if allowed? ) for what would obviously be mainly family and close friend's who may want to attend just to take the pee.

Once i can gauge the sort of numbers interested i'll see what sort of format is best but i do propose a full 11 a side match with rolling subs so it's not a problem if we end up with squad's of 15/20 in each age group.

I'll then speak to Andy P about using the facilities at a time which is suitable to both the club and those wishing to participate.

I wish i'd thought about this earlier because in past years i've played in this sort of organised event around Xmas time and it's great fun and the advantage of playing on softer ground shouldn't be overlooked especially for us older one's with joint problem's,playing in summer on hard ground is a nightmare!

Add your willingness,plus any relative who follow's Stour to the "Off Topic" thread please,cheers,Mick.

21Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Tue Dec 10 2013, 11:46

Brian Handy wrote:I can always be the physio and run on and squirt water all over you when you pretend to be injured to get a rest, that'll be after about 2 mins probably?

I think the job of physio should go to Dave the dog, as he likes rubbing people with his magic sponge  Wink

22Stour fan's football match. Empty Re: Stour fan's football match. Tue Dec 10 2013, 12:59

Paranoid Android

Devil's Advocate wrote:Rather than this just turning into a rambling thread full of piss takes and drivel i've decided to put a separate post "Off Topic" on which i just want those interested in playing to show their interest in competing in a fan's veteran's versus youngsters type of match.

My intention,as stated previously is to agree a charity to which any proceed's will be given and to charge maybe £5 per participant and a small amount of entry fee ( if allowed? ) for what would obviously be mainly family and close friend's who may want to attend just to take the pee.

Once i can gauge the sort of numbers interested i'll see what sort of format is best but i do propose a full 11 a side match with rolling subs so it's not a problem if we end up with squad's of 15/20 in each age group.

I'll then speak to Andy P about using the facilities at a time which is suitable to both the club and those wishing to participate.

I wish i'd thought about this earlier because in past years i've played in this sort of organised event around Xmas time and it's great fun and the advantage of playing on softer ground shouldn't be overlooked especially for us older one's with joint problem's,playing in summer on hard ground is a nightmare!

Add your willingness,plus any relative who follow's Stour to the "Off Topic" thread please,cheers,Mick.

Thanks a lot DA,Mad 

I was just going to do my"recently had an operation,so unlikely to move around sufficiently,show much willingness to track back,probably do a classy touch or 2 though,i`m your man for left midfield gag!" Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum