Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Severe winter weather updates.

+6
Tricky Tree
Dave the Glassboy
Aled
TRM
PhilC
Devil's Advocate
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Severe winter weather updates. Empty Severe winter weather updates. Sat Nov 16 2013, 22:34

Devil's Advocate

I thought it might be worth having this thread now that winter really is upon us and especially after reading Met Office reports that this coming week is set to get very cold with some severe frost and ice reportedly on the way from mid week onwards.

Certain weather forecast outlets are suggesting the worst winter in 100 years which i'd take with a pinch of salt but non the less Stour have a lot of away matches coming up with some significant mileage to be covered so it's not a bad idea to stay abreast of the weather situation.

As we saw today with Nathan and George getting stuck on the M42 for hours you just never know what you might get caught up in.

Tuesday's North Ferriby match should be okay but the temperature is due to dip top -3 later in the evening so those driving need to be careful.

Next weekend is supposed to be particularly cold so Bideford away might well be the first casualty of the season.

2Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sat Nov 16 2013, 22:37

PhilC

If biddy is off, it'll make a nice trip midweek!

3Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sat Nov 16 2013, 22:54

TRM

Have you been reading the Daily Express again, DA? Apocalypse due most weeks, according to them.

Unless it's Diana's turn to be on the front page.

Or Madeline McCann's.

Ridiculous excuse for a "newspaper."

Rant over!

4Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sat Nov 16 2013, 22:58

Aled

Someone has issues!

5Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:02

PhilC

Hen pecked at home - has to take his frustration out somewhere

6Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:04

TRM

With the Express I will always have issues.

And don't start me on the Mail...

7Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:31

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

TRM wrote:Have you been reading the Daily Express again, DA? Apocalypse due most weeks, according to them.

Unless it's Diana's turn to be on the front page.

Or Madeline McCann's.

Ridiculous excuse for a "newspaper."

Rant over!
You missed out house prices.

8Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:36

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:With the Express I will always have issues.

And don't start me on the Mail...

And don't start me on The Guardian.

That rag….especially designed to appeal to the yoghurt wearing,tree hugging,ultra PC leftie brigade,teachers and anyone paid out of the public purse.

Not a good idea to start getting political on a football forum TRM but seeing as you started it on a thread that had nothing whatever to do with it i'm happy to go "toe to toe" on here if you really insist on it.

I actually read it on Yahoo news and it featured comments by the Met Office as i stated in my first post……..i didn't realise that i had to run the sources through you before posting but i'll be more careful next time.

9Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:54

TRM

I'm not fussed about the political aspect at all. That's one thing you'll never get me onto here. I just think the Express and Mail are far, far worse than any of the "red tops" journalistically. And the Express is completely obsessed with bad weather in the offing.

10Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:56

TRM

For what it's worth, politically I'm far closer to the Mail/Telegraph than the Guardian.

Edit - In fact the Mail/Telegraph are probably a bit too left wing for my tastes!

11Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sun Nov 17 2013, 00:06

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:I'm not fussed about the political aspect at all. That's one thing you'll never get me onto here. I just think the Express and Mail are far, far worse than any of the "red tops" journalistically. And the Express is completely obsessed with bad weather in the offing.

Then you shouldn't bring politics into a forum or particularly into a thread that just didn't require it because it smacks of you knowing what's best for everybody.

FFS…..bringing a political slant into a thread about weather……you couldn't make it up!

I merely posted the topic because thought it might be helpful in the way i though the "M6" traffic type thread might help people.

With Nathan and George's problem's today on M42/M5 and the problems encountered travelling back from Cambridge it would seem that things like this can be of help to some.

12Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sun Nov 17 2013, 00:07

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil I totally agree with your comments on the so called paper known as the guardian but I do have to pick you up on your opening gambit in this thread.
Winter is not most definitely upon us and it won't be until December 21st.
Sorry for being an oaf but you needed telling.

13Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sun Nov 17 2013, 00:10

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Devil I totally agree with your comments on the so called paper known as the guardian but I do have to pick you up on your opening gambit in this thread.
Winter is not most definitely upon us and it won't be until December 21st.
Sorry for being an oaf but you needed telling.
We all know you're an "oaf" Tricky so please don't feel the need to apologise.

I think that when it reaches -9 in the next week you'll feel like it's winter regardless of the date unless you've left the "leafy suburb" of Worcester for a quick jaunt to Dubai to catch a few rays!

14Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sun Nov 17 2013, 07:50

TRM

Hang on, DA. I didn't bring politics into it. Or at least I didn't intend to. I brought journalism into it, and that's a totally, totally different issue.

You misinterpreted my comments about the Express and Mail as being political, and I probably can't blame you for that. Easy assumption to make.

Anyway, subject closed. The topic is the weather, and you're quite right that some of the reputable forecasts flying around are not looking very good.

15Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sun Nov 17 2013, 13:07

If every headline on the font page of the Express was true, then we would all have been declared extinct years ago. After all earlier this year they announced that we were all going to die from a killer heatwave in the summer.

Now I'm not sure which second of which minute of which hour of which day it was on, but I certainly missed it. As far as I'm concerned winter starts when autumn finishes, and not before Suspect 

16Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sun Nov 17 2013, 13:14

baz

You only have to mention bad weather and people panic buy at work! Brain washed!

17Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sun Nov 17 2013, 14:35

brockmoor

brockmoor

sirsmilerIII wrote:

Now I'm not sure which second of which minute of which hour of which day it was on, but I certainly missed it.  
TRM could probably tell you! Wink

18Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Sun Nov 17 2013, 19:57

the nephew of god

I make a point of looking at the Express headline each day for a laugh. A current favourite at the moment is 'ridiculous health-related story with no basis in fact'. It's like a Sunday Sport' for old people.

19Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:28

NickSFCB

Whilst everyone else is slating newspapers, thought id give my 2pennys worth.
Cant believe anyone actually buys / Reads the scum, unless your completely brain dead and have a reading age of a 3 year old, coupled with being gullible AF. Everything in that paper are lies. JFT96

20Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:35

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

NickSFCB wrote:Whilst everyone else is slating newspapers, thought id give my 2pennys worth.
Cant believe anyone actually buys / Reads the scum, unless your completely brain dead and have a reading age of a 3 year old, coupled with being gullible AF. Everything in that paper are lies. JFT96
Nick you really shouldn't bring Hillsborough into this...
I was at that game and I witnessed exactly what happened from within the ground.
A very good friend of mine was in the Liverpool end and was one of the fans seen on the tele carrying bodies on advertising boards.
He also went into the makeshift morgue and witnessed behavior of Liverpool fans.He is a massive Liverpool fan who openly admits to Liverpool fans being culpable to a lot of the problems.

21Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:46

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:
NickSFCB wrote:Whilst everyone else is slating newspapers, thought id give my 2pennys worth.
Nick you really shouldn't bring Hillsborough into this...
I was at that game and I witnessed exactly what happened from within the ground.
A very good friend of mine was in the Liverpool end and was one of the fans seen on the tele carrying bodies on advertising boards.
He also went into the makeshift morgue and witnessed behavior of Liverpool fans.He is a massive Liverpool fan who openly admits to Liverpool fans being culpable to a lot of the problems.

I was visiting friends on that very day,their 14 year old son was a massive Liverpool fan.

It was 8.30pm at night when he managed to ring them to let them know he was safe……….six hours of gut wrenching waiting for them and i witnessed their suffering first hand.

The police were inept and utter liar's to boot and the pictures carried by The Sun the following day were disgusting to say the least,i can understand why they are so hated in Liverpool.

In my opinion the late arrival of fan's and the continual push to get into that middle pen did contribute to the disaster BUT,this was the norm for games in those days,we always arrived last minute and headed for right behind the goal as teenagers and the crushing sensation was a weekly occurrence in most "home" or "away" ends.

If the game had been policed properly this wouldn't have happened……end of!

22Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:48

NickSFCB

All i said was JFT96, not really bringing Hillsborough into it. Thats not the main reason i dont read the paper, 1 of many reasons (admittedly). I wasn't at the game and was too young to recall it clearly. I have several friends who were there (not that it matters). The paper continually spouts lies about everything and never admits to being in the wrong. Last week in regards to '600,000 benefit tourists' a complete and utter fabrication to wind people up and sell papers. Later they clarified it in a small box hardly readable. each to their own, but when they ttarget people with reading ages of a 3 year old, i suppose the readers will believe anything.

23Severe winter weather updates. Empty Re: Severe winter weather updates. Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:59

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

NickSFCB wrote:All i said was JFT96, not really bringing Hillsborough into it. Thats not the main reason i dont read the paper, 1 of many reasons (admittedly). I wasn't at the game and was too young to recall it clearly. I have several friends who were there (not that it matters). The paper continually spouts lies about everything and never admits to being in the wrong. Last week in regards to '600,000 benefit tourists' a complete and utter fabrication to wind people up and sell papers. Later they clarified it in a small box hardly readable. each to their own, but when they ttarget people with reading ages of a 3 year old, i suppose the readers will believe anything.
Dodgy ground regarding benefit tourists....opening the borders to all and sundry is exactly that and certainly not scaremongering...

I'm pretty convinced that I saw a front page headline saying sorry to the people of Liverpool so that would constitute an apology in my book.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum