Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw

+4
Dave the Glassboy
Jack
Devil's Advocate
TRM
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Empty FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:03

TRM

Will be made on Monday and on the FA website usually some time around noon.

The Conference North & South Clubs come in at this stage. Fairly certain it will be split North/South, or possibly North/South East/South West. Either way we will be in the North as per usual.

Possible opponents will be (subject to replays if in italics)...

Step 2 - All Conference North

Hednesford Town
North Ferriby Town
Brackley Town
Solihull Moors
Altrincham
Boston United
AFC Telford United
Bradford Park Avenue
Stalybridge Celtic
Histon
Vauxhall Motors
Harrogate Town
Stockport County
Guiseley
Colwyn Bay
Leamington
Barrow
Gainsborough Trinity
Worcester City

Step 3

FC United of Manchester (NPL P)
Witton Albion (NPL P)
Matlock Town (NPL P)
Redditch United (SL P)
AFC Fylde (NPL P)
Cambridge City (SL P)
Buxton (NPL P)
Chorley (NPL P)
Nantwich Town (NPL P)

Step 4

Ramsbottom United (NPL 1 North)
Coalville Town (NPL 1 South)
Gresley (NPL 1 South)
Curzon Ashton (NPL 1 North)
Northwich Victoria (NPL 1 North)
Scarborough Athletic (NPL 1 South)
Sheffield (NPL 1 South)
Leek Town (NPL 1 South)

Maybe worth mentioning that FC United and Witton Albion still haven't settled their 1st Qual Round tie. It finished as a draw first time round and the replay has been postponed twice and then abandoned today due to lightning and flooding (!). The eventual winners of that tie host Leek in the 2nd Qual Round, so if we were to pull that threesome out of the bag we'd have to wait until probably four days before the due date to find out who our opponents would be.

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Will be made on Monday and on the FA website usually some time around noon.

The Conference North & South Clubs come in at this stage. Fairly certain it will be split North/South, or possibly North/South East/South West. Either way we will be in the North as per usual.

Possible opponents will be (subject to replays if in italics)...

Step 2 - All Conference North

Hednesford Town
North Ferriby Town
Brackley Town
Solihull Moors
Altrincham
Boston United
AFC Telford United
Bradford Park Avenue
Stalybridge Celtic
Histon
Vauxhall Motors
Harrogate Town
Stockport County
Guiseley
Colwyn Bay
Leamington
Barrow
Gainsborough Trinity
Worcester City

Step 3

FC United of Manchester (NPL P)
Witton Albion (NPL P)
Matlock Town (NPL P)
Redditch United (SL P)
AFC Fylde (NPL P)
Cambridge City (SL P)
Buxton (NPL P)
Chorley (NPL P)
Nantwich Town (NPL P)

Step 4

Ramsbottom United (NPL 1 North)
Coalville Town (NPL 1 South)
Gresley (NPL 1 South)
Curzon Ashton (NPL 1 North)
Northwich Victoria (NPL 1 North)
Scarborough Athletic (NPL 1 South)
Sheffield (NPL 1 South)
Leek Town (NPL 1 South)

Maybe worth mentioning that FC United and Witton Albion still haven't settled their 1st Qual Round tie. It finished as a draw first time round and the replay has been postponed twice and then abandoned today due to lightning and flooding (!). The eventual winners of that tie host Leek in the 2nd Qual Round, so if we were to pull that threesome out of the bag we'd have to wait until probably four days before the due date to find out who our opponents would be.
The dream draw for me would be Harrogate Town away as Harrogate is my birthplace and i'd love to see a match at their ground.

Other than that FC United at home for the gate money.

If it's Curzon again i might just lose the will to live……………..or Redditch!!

Jack

Jack
Admin

Redditch at home. Boring, dull, we've done it before. But we should win. More money and further on in the competition. Save the days out for the serious rounds.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:Redditch at home. Boring, dull, we've done it before. But we should win. More money and further on in the competition. Save the days out for the serious rounds.
Later rounds sometimes never come Jack,the big juicy earner v FC United or Stockport at our place would be spot on.

Prize money for the next round is only increasing to £4000 anyway whereas if we extended capacity we could probably get 1500-2000 v either of those clubs which would be a very nice earner even if we get beaten.

TRM

Conference National clubs come in at the next round (1st Proper) so all the more reason to look for a winnable home game this time round.

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Conference National clubs come in at the next round (1st Proper) so all the more reason to look for a winnable home game this time round.
Barrow away might be nice………….it seem's ages since i've been up that way :-]]

The "M6 Update" thread can then spring back into life which will please Dave and Stourboy.

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Personally, I'm hoping for an away game in the Greater Manchester area so as I can get over to Wigan for the RL World Cup quarter final that night! Wink 

TRM

Jack wrote:Redditch at home. Boring, dull, we've done it before. But we should win. More money and further on in the competition. Save the days out for the serious rounds.
I'd be a bit wary of Redditch. Won 2-0 at Hungerford in the week and demolished Brigg (same League as Mickleover) 5-0 yesterday. Sounds like they're on the up a little.

NickSFCB

Home tie versus a step4 club would be my ideal scenario. Keep progressing in the trophy with a view to making as much prize £ as possible and then drawing a lucrative home tie versus 1 od the so called big boys ...

10FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Empty Re: FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Sun Nov 03 2013, 14:18

stour_boy

stour_boy

TRM wrote:so if we were to pull that threesome out of the bag we'd have to wait until probably four days before the due date to find out who our opponents would be.
Nathan could advise on that one Very Happy

I'd be happy with anyone apart from Brackley, Hednesford and Leamington!

An away game in an attractive place would be nice, e.g. Harrogate!

11FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Empty Re: FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Mon Nov 04 2013, 10:16

Devil's Advocate

I'm sure TRM will be all over this like a cheap overcoat but if the draw could be posted on here once it's happened today i'd be grateful.

12FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Empty Re: FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Mon Nov 04 2013, 12:00

TRM

Home to North Ferriby Utd. Very tough. 2nd in Conf North. Won NPL last season. Won't bring any supporters with them.

13FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Empty Re: FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Mon Nov 04 2013, 12:00

Brian Handy

The Draw

1 Barrow v Stockport County
2 Harrogate Town v Bradford Park Avenue
3 Chorley v Matlock Town
4 Leamington v Gainsborough Trinity
5 Sheffield or Buxton v Gresley
6 Stalybridge Celtic v Vauxhall Motors
7 Solihull Moors v Coalville Town
8 Stourbridge v North Ferriby United
9 Worcester City v Ramsbottom United
10 AFC Telford United v Scarborough Athletic or Cambridge City
11 Brackley Town v Witton Albion or FC United Of Manchester or Leek Town
12 Hednesford Town v Workington
13 Curzon Ashton v AFC Fylde
14 Northwich Victoria v Nantwich Town
15 Guiseley v Histon
16 Boston United v Redditch United
17 Colwyn Bay v Altrincham
18 Basingstoke Town v Hampton & Richmond Borough
19 Chelmsford City v St Albans City or Billericay Town
20 Wingate & Finchley or Daventry Town v Ramsgate
21 Sutton United v Havant & Waterlooville
22 Carshalton Athletic v Hythe Town or Whitstable Town
23 Hayes & Yeading United v Bognor Regis Town
24 Tonbridge Angels v AFC Sudbury
25 East Thurrock United v Merthyr Town
26 Boreham Wood v Gloucester City
27 Dover Athletic v Bath City
28 Folkestone Invicta or Hungerford Town v Hemel Hempstead Town
29 Ebbsfleet United v Bromley
30 Hendon v Oxford City
31 Staines Town v Farnborough
32 Arlesey Town or Poole Town v Marlow
33 Bury Town v Grays Athletic
34 Weston Super Mare v Tiverton Town
35 Whitehawk v Bishop’s Stortford
36 Dulwich Hamlet v Concord Rangers
37 Wealdstone or Maidstone United v Eastleigh
38 Eastbourne Borough v Maidenhead United
39 Margate v Chesham United
40 Gosport Borough v Dorchester Town
Read more at http://www.thefa.com/News/competitions/fa-trophy/2013/nov/third-round-qualifying-draw-041113.aspx#tE6BIhTtxK5As2wd.99

14FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Empty Re: FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Mon Nov 04 2013, 12:14

stour_boy

stour_boy

Possibly the 2nd worst draw we could have got, but at least it's at home. Will be a very tough tie but at the same time, not one to catch the imagination of the locals.

15FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Empty Re: FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Mon Nov 04 2013, 12:16

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Home to North Ferriby Utd. Very tough. 2nd in Conf North. Won NPL last season. Won't bring any supporters with them.
If we harbour any hopes of getting promoted we can't afford to be fazed by home games like this and i don't expect our player's will be.

We're at home,we'll give good support and they will bring very few,i have every reason to believe we will give them one hell of a game.

Looking forward to it already TBH.

16FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Empty Re: FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Mon Nov 04 2013, 12:34

Devil's Advocate

I've looked at NF's result's this season and can't see why we should kack our pant's.

They won 3-1 at home to Workington a few weeks back,they lost 2-0 at Solihull as well so those two result's exactly match our result's against the same sides.

They lost 5-0 at Harrogate who are lower,mid table and lost 2-0 at Telford recently and 2-3 at home to Guisley.

The most recent league game was a 1-0 win at Worcester and to be honest i'd expect us to beat Worcester at the moment.

Treat them with respect as always but treat them as equal's in terms of ability judging by their record.

17FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Empty Re: FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Mon Nov 04 2013, 15:07

Devil's Advocate wrote:I've looked at NF's result's this season and can't see why we should kack our pant's.
So it's not "Squeaky" bum time yet then Wink 

18FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Empty Re: FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Mon Nov 04 2013, 20:22

TRM

Glad it's at home as it gives us a better chance (hopefully) and there are plenty of other long journeys to come in the next few weeks.

Don't really know much about them or any of their players but they can't be a bad team given their record over the last couple of seasons. However, like DA says, we have to believe we can beat them on our own turf - one or two of their results away from home look a bit suspect so they are certainly not infallible from the looks of things.

If (if, if, if...) we can keep the momentum going against Biggleswade this Saturday then it's a good opportunity to pull in a decent crowd. Did somebody mention vouchers...?

19FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Empty Re: FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Draw Wed Nov 06 2013, 14:02

Stourbridge Lion

Stourbridge Lion

Got a mate who follows FC United so is familiar with North Ferriby,he reckons they had an influx of Hull City squad players last season due to one of their board members having links with Hull which may explain their success last season,as they are up there again this season one can only presume that the arrangement is still in place. Going to be tough but as others have said some of their results against opponents we are familiar with don't look outstanding,so with home advantage we should have nothing to fear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum