Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Match day video - i.e. The lack of.

+6
UlsterJim
Taniwha
PhilC
stour_boy
TRM
Devil's Advocate
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Fri Oct 18 2013, 14:39

Devil's Advocate

More and more clubs seem to be doing it but for some reason we don't.

I'd be interested to know Gary Hackett's opinion on this if Nathan or anyone else has his ear?

Not only is it a way for fan's to interact more about the club but one would also think the coaching staff could make good use of it.

I also think it could assist the commercial side of the club when sponsor's are being more visibly seen on a daily basis.

This really is something i think the club should look into.

I'd suggest that Nathan is kept away from the cameraman role though,all we'd get is cleavage and leg shots from the stands.

Best keep "Ulster" away from it too otherwise we'll only get second half highlights.

Joking aside i think it would be worthwhile doing.

TRM

I'd love to see highlights of our games - either available on DVD or on Youtube. But it takes somebody with the time, expertise and equipment to do it.

Just as an aside, I think I saw it mentioned on Weymouth's forum (might have been a different club, I'm not sure) that their manager had asked them to stop posting highlights on Youtube as he thought opposition managers might use it to suss out their tactics.

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:I'd love to see highlights of our games - either available on DVD or on Youtube. But it takes somebody with the time, expertise and equipment to do it.

Just as an aside, I think I saw it mentioned on Weymouth's forum (might have been a different club, I'm not sure) that their manager had asked them to stop posting highlights on Youtube as he thought opposition managers might use it to suss out their tactics.

I'm amazed to hear that the Weymouth manager can actually claim they have tactics from what i've seen of them in recent seasons!

Filming matches to analyse your own performance is becoming a must these day's,i could live with opposition manager's knowing in advance of our cunning master plan as devised by Cliffy :-]]

stour_boy

stour_boy

I have a camcorder and did film a few of our games early on in our SLM promotion season. This coincided with three away defeats to start the season so I stopped it, thinking I was jinxing us. I was, we ended up promoted Very Happy

I would be very interested in filming it as I found editing the highlights pretty easy. The problem is Amblecote and finding a suitable vantage point to film, without looking a total chump and without getting wet in the rain.

When I did some filming I did it behind the goal, however the highlights were spoiled by the Beast swearing!!!

PhilC

A bloke (Roy someone?) used to video our matches in the season we won the league cup, I think. He picked the right season because most matches were 4-3 or 5-4

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:I have a camcorder and did film a few of our games early on in our SLM promotion season. This coincided with three away defeats to start the season so I stopped it, thinking I was jinxing us. I was, we ended up promoted Very Happy

I would be very interested in filming it as I found editing the highlights pretty easy. The problem is Amblecote and finding a suitable vantage point to film, without looking a total chump and without getting wet in the rain.

When I did some filming I did it behind the goal, however the highlights were spoiled by the Beast swearing!!!
How about putting some sort of viewing shed on top of the dressing room SB?

Shall we find out if the club are up for this as an idea?

stour_boy

stour_boy

Devil's Advocate wrote:
stour_boy wrote:I have a camcorder and did film a few of our games early on in our SLM promotion season. This coincided with three away defeats to start the season so I stopped it, thinking I was jinxing us. I was, we ended up promoted Very Happy

Not sure that would hold up to a cost-benefit analysis, as much as I would like it to happen. Worst they can say is no though!

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

Not sure that would hold up to a cost-benefit analysis, as much as I would like it to happen. Worst they can say is no though!
Depending on cost some generous soul may well sponsor it :-]]

Our Irish friend has already sponsored the club in the telecommunications department,maybe he'd also come up trumps on this.

Seriously though,if you could cost out the idea on a match by match basis SB i'd happily discuss with Andy P a way of taking the idea forward.

Taniwha

I think it's a great idea as I'd like to see highlights of our games.

We've seen a number of visiting teams record their games here, I'm thinking of Gosport and Chippenham, and they do highlight the difficulty of finding a good vantage point, as Stour_boy mentioned.

10Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Sat Oct 19 2013, 08:59

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Taniwha wrote:

We've seen a number of visiting teams record their games here, I'm thinking of Gosport and Chippenham, and they do highlight the difficulty of finding a good vantage point, as Stour_boy mentioned.
Some bird from Sutton Coldfield filmed the recent FA Cup tie, but it doesn't seem to have found its way on to youtube yet, unless I have missed it.

http://www.nibadges.com

11Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Sat Oct 19 2013, 10:15

baz

The Leon goal v Leamington in play off final is on you tube!

12Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Sat Oct 19 2013, 10:38

TRM

There's a lot of stuff on Youtube if you look hard enough. Might start a separate thread.

13Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Sat Oct 19 2013, 11:05

stour_boy

stour_boy

Someone from Sutton did film in the side stand but I can't imagine it was a good vantage point as the camera didn't look level to me even with a tripod and the pillars get in the way too Very Happy

14Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Sat Oct 19 2013, 11:22

Brian Handy

[Phil C "A bloke (Roy someone?) used to video our matches in the season we won the league cup, I think.  He picked the right season because most matches were 4-3 or 5-4]

I'm sure I have that video in the loft somewhere, I can try and find it if anyone's interested.
As Phil says there are loads of goals but no commentary, just a few crowd 'noises' .

I'm sure he made the video perched on top of the dressing room roof, not sure what he did when it poured with rain.

15Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Sat Oct 19 2013, 11:34

TRM

Brian Handy wrote:[Phil C "A bloke (Roy someone?) used to video our matches in the season we won the league cup, I think.  He picked the right season because most matches were 4-3 or 5-4]

I'm sure I have that video in the loft somewhere, I can try and find it if anyone's interested.
As Phil says there are loads of goals but no commentary, just a few crowd 'noises' .

I'm sure he made the video perched on top of the dressing room roof, not sure what he did when it poured with rain.
Roy Burton.

He did the Halesowen and Dover home matches in the SL Cup from the roof of the dressing rooms, but all the others, including one or two away games, he did from vantage points around the ground. I seem to remember most of the home games were filmed from the area between the visitors dug-out and the Shed - where Jane and TT usually stand when we're kicking that way.

It was all on VHS in those days so you'd need a video recorder. How many of us have one of those knocking about any more?!

There were two videos - one of extended highlights of both legs of the SL Cup final. The other was goals from various matches, plus the first half of the First leg and the second half of the second leg of the Halesowen semi final (basically the parts of those games where we scored our goals!). I had both of them but can't recall seeing them last time we moved house. Probably lent them out and never got them back, or just lost them. Sad 

16Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Sat Oct 19 2013, 18:19

Brian Handy

“The older I get, the more clearly I remember things that never happened.” ― Mark Twain

That just about sums up my memory, I could have swore he spent more games on roof, oh well.
I've got videos, and being married to lovely lady who never throws nothing away,'just in case', I've still got a video recorder.
The second half of the second leg is great viewing.

17Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Sat Oct 19 2013, 20:49

TRM

All round Brian's for a "Lads' Night In"? Who's up for it?

18Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Sat Oct 19 2013, 21:19

PhilC

Any chance of some pirate copies Brian? That night at Halesowen is definitely in my top 3 of stour matches

19Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Sat Oct 19 2013, 21:38

dave w

PhilC wrote:Any chance of some pirate copies Brian? That night at Halesowen is definitely in my top 3 of stour matches
Any crowd shots at the end?

20Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Mon Oct 21 2013, 14:45

the nephew of god

Rummaging through some stuff at the weekend I found both the 92-93 videos (it was the first season I spent living down here). Dave - there are loads of crowd scenes at the end of the Halesowen away game, including Evran Wright diving straight over the barriers into the Stour fans. It also emphasised the amount of different songs we had back then.
I assume the videos will still play although I may have worn out 3 bits - Mick Williams cracking goal from the 1st leg against Halesowen, the last few minutes of the second leg and the trophy presentation at Dover (featuring me dancing with the Beast and TRM and myself leading a chorus of 'You can stick your ground gradings up your ****')!
I also came across a video of the full game whan we drew 3-3 in the Welsh Cup against Cardiff City's first team at Ninian Park. As I think has been pointed out before, the commentary was done by a couple of Cardiff youth team players who described us as having a 'stern following'!
I don't know if anyone has the means of transferring them onto DVD or Youtube - if so they can borrow them with pleasure. Unfortunately I can't make it to Workington but will hopefully be at the Tuesday night game (Workington replay or Chippenham away) if anyone can.

21Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Tue Oct 22 2013, 10:35

the nephew of god wrote:I don't know if anyone has the means of transferring them onto DVD or Youtube - if so they can borrow them with pleasure.
I can get them onto DVD as long as they are VHS and not Betamax Wink

22Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Tue Oct 22 2013, 11:32

TRM

Smiler to the rescue! I'll take one of each, please!

23Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Tue Oct 22 2013, 19:56

Pity I can't get them onto dvd before Saturday, as they would have been good for the coach journey jocolor 

24Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Wed Oct 23 2013, 18:36

Brian Handy

Smiler, I've dug them out and will let you have them on Saturday.

25Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Empty Re: Match day video - i.e. The lack of. Thu Nov 14 2013, 10:34

Brian, having told you that I could not copy your tapes due to a starving video recorder trying to eat them I've now managed it.

I am putting copies onto disc for you and will also be uploading them on YT, could someone please let me know the dates for both legs of the Dover game as my memory has gone confused 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum