Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paul McCone.

+17
Brian Handy
Nathan Gulliver
Stourbridge Lion
redpike
stour_boy
Dave the Glassboy
UlsterJim
brockmoor
TRM
oldhillglassboy
Jack
baz
stoursi
Jane.N
Tricky Tree
NickSFCB
Devil's Advocate
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Wed Oct 16 2013, 16:07

Nathan Gulliver

Jane.N wrote:Leamo and hednesford - 2 of the worst clubs to go to!!Shocked 

I would be more than happy to have him back again but I agree with others that it ineeds to be all or nothing to make it fair to the others defenders / players.
The only thing I would say is perhaps if it was known all along that he wasnt going to stay 'long term' then maybe it would have been worthwhile letting the supporters know this. I understand that some may have known this through relationships with members in the club but clearly not everyone did.
Bit disapointed to see him go but sure we will cope!
Yes Jane,I agree. Leamington and Hednesford totally of the same ilk! If Macca couldn't settle and had disputes with team mates and staff at Leamington then he is highly likely to have the same problems with our friends up the road at Hednesford! Horrible aggressive thugs: the fans,players and those two clowns sat on the bench. Needless to say, I cant see Macca's family being made to feel overly welcome and the family is an important part for Macca. I wish him and his family all the best of luck but I fear the worst.

52Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Wed Oct 16 2013, 16:10

TRM

Jane.N wrote:The only thing I would say is perhaps if it was known all along that he wasnt going to stay 'long term' then maybe it would have been worthwhile letting the supporters know this. I understand that some may have known this through relationships with members in the club but clearly not everyone did.
I know what you're saying, Jane, but on balance I think the club is entitled to keep details of its arrangements with players confidential.

We supporters don't necessarily have the right to know everything!

53Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Wed Oct 16 2013, 17:00

Jane.N

Of course we dont have 'the right' - I did not say we did. There are however occasions when details about players roles have been made public : loan spells, changes in circumstances, dual registration for example. 'Maybe' this could have been one of them. The fact that some seemed to know indicates that someone has been sharing such information in this case. Maybe thats Paul himself - and he has every right to or maybe it is club officals to some supporters.

Generally speaking I couldnt care less - i am not one of these people who 'needs / wants to know stuff'. I like to go the game, watch it and come home again - but on this occasion knowing that fans would be delighted to have him back with us, if the intention all along was only a stop gap then it may have been good to let the supporters know that - not get our hopes raised!

54Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Wed Oct 16 2013, 18:50

oldhillglassboy

I was surprised when he came back, that higher level clubs hadn't been in for him then. When I first read this lunchtime I thought we'd been used as a means to an end, that was on the assumption that he'd resigned for Stourbridge, while it now appears to have been a short term agreement.

I don't blame him for wanting to play at the highest level and all the very best. He certainly gave 100% in his brief stay as he did in every minute of every game played, last season. A slight sour taste, but I don't know the full facts of what was agreed, hope it works out better than Leamington.

55Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Wed Oct 16 2013, 19:23

Brian Handy

Disappointed to see Paul go, but I understand why, so good luck to him.

I would be happy to see him return to the club in the future if the opportunity arose, provided Gary was happy it would not affect team morale.

56Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 13:07

nightshade

Nathan Gulliver wrote:

I would be more than happy to have him back again but I agree with others that it ineeds to be all or nothing to make it fair to the others defenders / players.
The only thing I would say is perhaps if it was known all along that he wasnt going to stay 'long term' then maybe it would have been worthwhile letting the supporters know this. I understand that some may have known this through relationships with members in the club but clearly not everyone did.
Yes Jane,I agree. Leamington and Hednesford totally of the same ilk! If Macca couldn't settle and had disputes with team mates and staff at Leamington then he is highly likely to have the same problems with our friends up the road at Hednesford! Horrible aggressive thugs: the fans,players and those two clowns sat on the bench. Needless to say, I cant see Macca's family being made to feel overly welcome and the family is an important part for Macca. I wish him and his family all the best of luck but I fear the worst.
coming from a club with half a ground, don't tar everybody with the same brush

57Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 13:15

Jack

Jack
Admin

Half a ground? Razz 

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

58Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 13:20

Jack

Jack
Admin

I really doubt that it is just me that would prefer our GROUND, than Keys Park, just one of many flat pack Ikea stadia nowadays.

Also made me chuckle, one Hednesford fan on their forum referred to them as the 'good guys' presumably after the scuffles with West Auckland. It's funny, 'Good guys' isn't the first term to come mind when asked about Hednesford. I for one am glad we don't have to play them anymore. Horrible club.

59Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 13:50

TRM

nightshade wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:

Neither of the posts you quote say anything about your ground, though for what it's worth it's a soul-less atmosphere-free bunch of grey sheds that has tired surprisingly quickly for something so modern.

And it appears to have been built on the moon, judging by its surrounds.

And ours is three-quarters of a ground.

So your post is (a) factually incorrect, (b) irrelevant and (c) petulant.

Nonetheless, the Glassboys Forum thanks you for your contribution.

60Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 14:01

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Liking your work today TRM.

61Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 14:22

dave w

nightshade wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:

What's the configuration of our viewing facilities got to do with Hednesford being a horrible club with lots of horrible supporters?

62Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 14:25

Devil's Advocate

nightshade wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:

Hednesford........twinned with the moon.

Even the fans look and sound like Clangers.

63Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 14:36

Nathan Gulliver

Yes,TRM,couldn't put it better myself. You could have gone on and onthough.....£2 to park on a waterlogged field,the two arrogant joint managers goading our bench and players at the pre season "friendly" a couple of years ago.

Far more serious,I was at a Hednesford game at Keys Park as a neutral about 3 years ago. They were playing Chesham. Our game had been called off. Ten min to go,the Chesham subs were warming up infront of the main stand. During their jog up and down the touchline,the 3 Chesham subs were racially abused by the home fans in the side terrace adjacent to the stand. It wasn't just one or two either. The ref actually had to delay the game to sort the situation as the Chesham bench,staff and players were rightly going crazy. What was done by the Hednesford stewards and officials? You've guessed it. NOTHING.

Horrible club. I'm sure it wouldn't be just Stour fans who have this opinion. My guess is that they are disliked everywhere and justifiably so.

64Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 14:41

Devil's Advocate

Nathan Gulliver wrote:Yes,TRM,couldn't put it better myself. You could have gone on and onthough.....£2 to park on a waterlogged field,the two arrogant joint managers goading our bench and players at the pre season "friendly" a couple of years ago.

Far more serious,I was at a Hednesford game at Keys Park as a neutral about 3 years ago. They were playing Chesham. Our game had been called off. Ten min to go,the Chesham subs were warming up infront of the main stand. During their jog up and down the touchline,the 3 Chesham subs were racially abused by the home fans in the side terrace adjacent to the stand. It wasn't just one or two either. The ref actually had to  delay the game to sort the situation as the Chesham bench,staff and players were rightly going crazy. What was done by the Hednesford stewards and officials? You've guessed it. NOTHING.

Horrible club. I'm sure it wouldn't be just Stour fans who have this opinion. My guess is that they are disliked everywhere and justifiably so.
A friend of mine was manager of Hednesford for a while a decade ago Nathan.......even he didn't like them!

65Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:08

nightshade

its £1 to park on our muddy field actually, what league are you in again ?Very Happy

66Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:10

brockmoor

brockmoor

Were you in 'Gladiators'?

You know, the pig ugly one?

67Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:13

nightshade

Sourgrapes FC you should be called, anyway thanks for a decent player

68Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:22

Devil's Advocate

nightshade wrote:Sourgrapes FC you should be called, anyway thanks for a decent player
Macca travels as well as a trifle......he'll be back before you finish putting up your Xmas tree.

69Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:25

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Hednesford host one of there biggest games for many a year and can only fill one side of their ground....they rely on fc united to fill the rest of it.
They win the game,charge on the pitch then turn on their heels when faced by fc fans running towards them.
Joke club,joke fans,joke everything about them.

70Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:25

brockmoor

brockmoor

Is that a no?

Make the most of it, rumour has it his playing for Worcester next week Wink

71Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:26

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

TRM....I meant their not there....sorry.

72Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:27

PhilC

nightshade wrote:Sourgrapes FC you should be called, anyway thanks for a decent player
Better than Racist FC

73Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:32

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:TRM....I meant their not there....sorry.
And Brock mean't "he's" not "his" !

Are we awarding the "Pedant of the year" trophy this year or do we already have our winner who's streets ahead of the rest of us.

Come out,come out you know who you are :-}}

74Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:33

Nathan Gulliver

I wouldn't give us too much thanks just yet Mr. Nightsade. I can't see Macca and his family with their decency hanging around at your soul-less pit for too long.

This just illustrates the difference between different sets of supporters. We try to reasonably explain why Hednesford are so disliked while in return we receive one line abuse.

Sums it up.....the pound difference in what I said the car parking charges are to what is the actual price is obviously of far more importance than issues of racial abuse in the eyes of a Hednesford supporter.

75Paul McCone. - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:42

Jack

Jack
Admin

nightshade wrote:its £1 to park on our muddy field actually, what league are you in again ?Very Happy
Erm, the 1 directly below you....MASSIVE.

As Tricky said, isn't in Hednesford's best nature to goad considering the last time they did that they got ran out of their own ground by FC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum