Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redditch away

+4
Devil's Advocate
TRM
Jack
stour_boy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Redditch away Empty Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 15:27

stour_boy

stour_boy

Team: Coleman Drake Oliver Richards Geddes N.Bennett Washbourne Broadhurst Benbow Billingham Rowe

Subs: Fitzpatrick Lloyd D.Bennett Agbor Briscoe

2Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 15:37

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-0 Benbow 25 minutes

3Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 15:45

stour_boy

stour_boy

2-0 Rowe 39 minutes

4Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 15:50

stour_boy

stour_boy

HT 2-0

5Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 15:52

Very Happy cheers cheers 

6Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 16:29

stour_boy

stour_boy

Latest 3-1 up another Rowe goal

7Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 16:31

stour_boy

stour_boy

4-1 Rowe

8Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 16:33

Jack

Jack
Admin

Rowey is back. Smile

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

9Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 16:47

Jack wrote:Rowey is back. Smile
Never doubted him for a minute, I always knew he just needed a couple of games to get match fit Wink

10Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 16:55

Jack

Jack
Admin

Finished 6, Rowey again and Sean Penalty. The bit of play leading up to the penalty was some of the best football I've seen us play.

11Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 16:55

TRM

Finished 6-1. Geddes pen (never was!) and Rowey's 4th.

12Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 16:59

stour_boy

stour_boy

My prediction of Geddes winning top goal scorer with just penalties is still on track Wink

Great win lads! Now on to Bedford on Saturday.

Thanks to TRM and his Twitter updates.

13Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 17:26

stour_boy wrote:Thanks to TRM and his Twitter updates.
And also a big thanks to you for keeping us updated on here Smile 

14Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 17:53

Devil's Advocate

After a lacklustre start mirroring the Chesham performance we settled once Benbow scored the first,a quality goal having beautifully controlled a high through ball,turning the defender all in one movement and then giving the keeper "the eyes" and sending him the wrong way when rolling the ball home.

After a hesitant half hour Rowey came to life firstly creating a chance through hard work and then missing a one on one when their keeper made a great save.

After his goal he became the Rowey of old,he was unplayable at times and all his goals were excellent finishes from various angles,the fourth was a peach.

Geddes rammed home the obligatory penalty with a smash right down the middle.

Richards did well at centre half,Wurzel looked far better at right fullback and Oliver made the defence look better than in the previous two games.

Benbow worked his gonad's off as usual.

Billingham is still a tad below his best but that's just being overly picky,overall we dominated them in midfield and young Washbourne did okay today.

A special mention for Agbor who came on as sub,he was very impressive and his link play was excellent.

Regardless of what Jim say's he is NOT Gabby Agbonlohor's brother!

Having said all this Redditch are a dreadful side,they've managed to produce a worse side than last season which is a feat in itself.

Very good travelling support today,easily 200+ Stour fan's and the banter was excellent,i hope we see a good few at Bedford on Saturday.

15Redditch away Empty Mon Aug 26 2013, 18:07

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Not brilliant but much better....
In my opinion it was a penalty but game was won by then anyway.
Couple of good things today....the singing about Ryan Rowe being a greedy ******* when he had a shot instead of a simple pass...Devil FINALLY acknowledging me Very Happy and a massive thank you to TRM for giving me a lift all the way back to Worcester after Ulster and Nath bottled our session.

16Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 18:19

Brian Handy

Much happier tonight, a much improved performance all round, though Redditch were no Chesham.
Would still prefer to see wurzel as an out & out winger rather than at full back.

Unsurprisingly Ryan Rowe got MotM with 24 votes, with Will Richards picking up 1 vote, talking to most voters Will was their second choice in a lot of cases.

Ian Pilkington won the wine.

Last edited by Brian Handy on Tue Aug 27 2013, 13:24; edited 1 time in total

17Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 18:24

Jack

Jack
Admin

Yeah, thought Will played very well at Centre Back.

18Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 18:47

TRM

Slightly shaky first 20 minutes or so but much the better team after that. When they pulled it back to 3-1 we had an iffy couple of minutes and if they'd had enough about them to put pressure on us and made it 3-2 I wonder where things might have gone from there... Thankfully they gifted us a comedy fourth and from there on we were picking them off at will.

Not totally convincing though - our full backs were got round a bit too easily at times. Wurzel isn't the right man to be playing that position and Jamie is perhaps understandably a fraction off the pace just yet. Not convinced by Washbourne - looks a bit lightweight to me but perhaps that's harsh based on one game.

Very pleased for Rowey - don't know how he's looked in the first three games but he was a different player by 4.50 than he'd looked at 3.15! Don't want to ignore Luke though - took his goal well and worked hard until he was taken off. I'd rather see it as the front two scoring five between them than one scoring four, and the other just one.

Redditch got worse as the game went on - 2-0 was definitely a bit flattering at half time - but I can't remember too many really scary moments. They created a bit down the wings but had no punch. Disappointed that we failed to keep a clean sheet but the goal was a bit of a hit-and-hope.

Hopefully that will give us some confidence after Saturday's setback.

19Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Mon Aug 26 2013, 19:24

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

A bit harsh of TRM to describe the Redditch goal as hit and hope, thought it was well taken from where I was standing. Quite right about the iffy couple of minutes at 3-1; pleased when we got the next goal to settle things down again. Rowey looked like the Rowey of old, but the Redditch defence wasn't a patch on that of Chesham.

20Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Tue Aug 27 2013, 13:25

TRM

Rowey's feats yesterday have not escaped the attention of his "employers". Interesting thread on Kiddy's forum...

http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7858

21Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Tue Aug 27 2013, 13:38

Jack

Jack
Admin

Had a chuckle at that. Wasn't going to be long before the cries of why have we let him go appeared. Or more so, why have we let him go to us.

22Redditch away Empty Re: Redditch away Tue Aug 27 2013, 19:05

zippy

I think it makes sense from a Kiddy point of view to get him match practice rather than gathering dust on the bench, and also getting some money for him at the same time (given that I think he had a very nice weekly contract wage when first signed, possibly 3 years worth not sure). I'm a bit bewildered why they didn't sign him for a team in the Conf. North/South though as I heard there was interest. Scoring goals by the bucket load at the moment is great for us but not really how it will be if they take him back in January where he has to play for the usual teams two grades higher.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum