Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Empty Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Sun Jan 20 2013, 22:15

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Apologies for the pun, but I was interested to see that the egg chasers managed to get their home game against Bromsgrove ON yesterday.... and promptly slumped to their first defeat of the season! Hardly worth the effort was it?

2Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Empty Re: Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Mon Jan 21 2013, 01:50

stour_boy

stour_boy

Were they rewarded with a big crowd though?

3Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Empty Re: Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Mon Jan 21 2013, 13:12

baz

was gonna put about this,they had 60 peoople clearing the snow of the pitch to get game on,wonder if would be viable option for saturdays match?

4Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Empty Re: Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Mon Jan 21 2013, 18:58

TRM

The Rugby Club have always had bigger crowds than us. You have to bear in mind that they are in the top 50 or so clubs in the country - probably top half of League One in footballing terms. On many levels they are a lot more "professional" than we are. They also have a very different kind of supporter - generally more affluent, "posh" if you like, rather than our down to earth oicks! No doubt some of that affluence comes into play when arranging and paying for things like pitch covers to make clearing snow a whole lot easier.

We couldn't hope to shift the snow currently lying on the pitch (most of which could well still be there on Saturday looking at the forecast) without the right equipment and precautions before it arrived. In simple terms I doubt we've got the willing manpower, although I'd love to see everybody prove me wrong on that score if it came to it.

Every game this midweek is already off, and it wouldn't surprise me if we had a blank fixture list this weekend again. The South and South West might have high enough temperatures to shift any remaining snow, but then we'll get waterlogging. It's not as though everybody else is playing and we're the only ones unable to do anything about it.

As for Bromsgrove's win - it was good news in our house as my son plays for their under 8s!

5Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Empty Re: Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Tue Jan 22 2013, 10:05

Aled

TRM wrote:
As for Bromsgrove's win - it was good news in our house as my son plays for their under 8s!

TRM is posh...this is fact and cannot be brought into question. I.D.S.T

6Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Empty Re: Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Tue Jan 22 2013, 12:50

TRM

Aled wrote:
TRM wrote:

TRM is posh...this is fact and cannot be brought into question. I.D.S.T

Posher than you, mate.

*sticks tongue out in provocative fashion*

7Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Empty Re: Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Wed Jan 23 2013, 09:07

I'm sure that if a request for help clearing the pitch was put out you'd get some help, question is would the helpers get pizzas afterwards like those at swindon Wink

The ground underneath the snow is still quite soft and it is supposed to get warmer by saturday, but then again it is also supposed to snow again on friday. And it is snowing again now which I'm sure wasn't forecast, the biggest problem would obviously be the safety of the fans in the ground knowing how health & safety mad we are in this country scratch

The obvious question is are there any orange balls at the club lol!

8Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Empty Re: Snow joke at Stourbridge RFC Wed Jan 23 2013, 18:36

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

or blue paint for the lines?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum