Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Workington Away

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Workington Away Empty Workington Away Fri Mar 18 2016, 16:11

sirsmileriiii

I am actually looking forward to this game and hope that we get back to winning ways, especially as we seem to play better against the teams around us in the league.

I know all those going to the game on the coach will have left by now, but I am going by train in the morning. And as it was constantly raining the last time I went there in the FA Cup I never went further than the Tesco across the road, does anyone know which is the nearest pub to the ground that our supporters are most likely to be in before the game?

It will be a tough game tomorrow but if we continue to play as good as we have been during this season, I see no reason why we can't get at least a draw if not even 3 points. But I will not be predicting the score as I usually get it completely wrong, and don't want to put a curse on the team.

Stuff that idea, 3-1 to Stour lol!

2Workington Away Empty Re: Workington Away Sun Mar 20 2016, 01:07

Devil's Advocate

What would normally be a superb result was ruined by the fact that those all around us seemed to pull out important wins,especially the 94th minute job by Ashton.

I felt a win today would've virtually ensured a decent spot for us in the play offs whereas now two dodgy results v Ashton could really cause us problems,at the end of the day it's the draws which kill your promotion prospects and three of them on the bounce have started to hurt us,a win Monday is now paramount.

All of this said a draw at Workington is a fine result and not to be sniffed at.

3Workington Away Empty Re: Workington Away Sun Mar 20 2016, 09:40

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was as follows;

LEON BROADHURST 6

Brian Smikle
Chris Lait. { 4

Justin Richards 2

Kristian Green
Karl Hawley. { 1

ERIC TIMMINS won the wine.

Thanks to everyone who took part.

Sponsored content