Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matlock

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Matlock      Empty Matlock Tue Mar 08 2016, 00:01

stour_boy

stour_boy

Another good win against a battling Matlock side who ironically were easier on the eye than Darlington 1883 but not as strong defensively.

Lovely goal from Lait after an assist from Richards and it was assist number two soon afterwards after a superb foray forward by Green who was superb throughout. I hope his slight twinge was nothing too serious.

Dodd somehow tricked his way past two to win a penalty which he then converted before another great move saw Broadhurst finish from a rare Dodd assist!

We did switch off at times, including allowing them a goal back which was deserved on the balance of play.

All the back four were solid, with Green the standout, and Geddes had a good game in the middle. Broadhurst was solid and dependable as per usual, and Dodd and Lait both played well.

Hawley had a fairly frustrating night but when four others score it doesn't matter too much. It's almost great to see him so pissed to be substituted - no lack of desire there!

The standout performance if not Green was Justin Richards; who showed what he can do when he is motivated to - constant running, flick-ons, chasing down defenders, and two assists as well.

Hard to find much fault in 7 out of 7 - we have got ourselves into a great position now. Not so long ago I thought the top 3 (Darlo, Salford, Blyth) were pretty much sewn up in some sort of order but since then ourselves, Barwell and Workington have been in great form. Ashton won't go away just yet and we still have to play them twice.

We have got ourselves into a great position - it's up to us to see it through in these final 13 games and see where we finish up.

Well done to the lads for another solid home win. Onwards to Saturday.

2Matlock      Empty Re: Matlock Tue Mar 08 2016, 08:25

sirsmileriiii

stour_boy wrote:Another good win against a battling Matlock side who ironically were easier on the eye than Darlington 1883 but not as strong defensively.

Lovely goal from Lait after an assist from Richards and it was assist number two soon afterwards after a superb foray forward by Green who was superb throughout. I hope his slight twinge was nothing too serious.

Dodd somehow tricked his way past two to win a penalty which he then converted before another great move saw Broadhurst finish from a rare Dodd assist!

We did switch off at times, including allowing them a goal back which was deserved on the balance of play.

All the back four were solid, with Green the standout, and Geddes had a good game in the middle. Broadhurst was solid and dependable as per usual, and Dodd and Lait both played well.

Hawley had a fairly frustrating night but when four others score it doesn't matter too much. It's almost great to see him so pissed to be substituted - no lack of desire there!

The standout performance if not Green was Justin Richards; who showed what he can do when he is motivated to - constant running, flick-ons, chasing down defenders, and two assists as well.

Hard to find much fault in 7 out of 7 - we have got ourselves into a great position now. Not so long ago I thought the top 3 (Darlo, Salford, Blyth) were pretty much sewn up in some sort of order but since then ourselves, Barwell and Workington have been in great form. Ashton won't go away just yet and we still have to play them twice.

We have got ourselves into a great position - it's up to us to see it through in these final 13 games and see where we finish up.

Well done to the lads for another solid home win. Onwards to Saturday.

I agree with all of that, Another excellent game and result. It does look like we've finally got a team that works well together, and is getting consistent positive results.

As Stourboy has already said, our fate this season is in our hands. Which means only we can mess it up, and hopefully we won't.

It's nice to actually be looking forward to the next match, instead of dreading it.

Last season = Sleep
This season = cheers

Let's keep up the good work, and have no more games like the Ramsbottom one.

3Matlock      Empty Matlock Tue Mar 08 2016, 08:36

redpike

Last night's was an easy win against a poor Matlock side that rarely threatened until the last few minutes when we had switched off.

Even though it was a cold night, the attendance of only 344 was disappointing, bearing in mind just how important every game is until the season-end.

One concern was the apparent dissent of Karl when substituted. I can understand that he wants to score in every game, particularly when playing against weak teams. But, with a demanding run-in, it is for the good of the team to give other players, particularly Gurjit, a chance.

My MOTM was Kristian with Justin continuing to win me over.

4Matlock      Empty Re: Matlock Tue Mar 08 2016, 17:52

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows;

KRISTIAN GREEN 17

Matt Dodd 6

Leon Broadhurst 5

Sean Geddes
Justin Richards { 2 each

Chris Lait 1

(1 vote to come)

The winner of the wine was TERRY WOOD.

Thanks to all who took part.