Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

HYDE Utd Home

+2
baz
Brian Handy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HYDE Utd Home Empty HYDE Utd Home Sat Jan 30 2016, 19:51

Brian Handy

A good all round team performance which resulted in a rare MotM vote where all eleven starters received votes.

The votes were distributed as follows:

KARL HAWLEY 10

Matt Dodd 8

Chris Lait 6

Sean Geddes 5

Leon Broadhurst
Kristian Green { 2 each

Mark Gould
Dan Scarr
Stuart Pierpoint {1 each
Brian Smikle
Justin Richards

The wine was won by PAULINE WILEY.

Thanks to everyone who took part.

2HYDE Utd Home Empty Re: HYDE Utd Home Sat Jan 30 2016, 21:45

baz

What a difference a few day's make! Let's keep the momentum going Monday.

3HYDE Utd Home Empty Re: HYDE Utd Home Sat Jan 30 2016, 22:40

zippy

Good performance today.
Speaking of Monday, we are not playing a state of the USA. Surprised the poster does not correctly spell the visiting team and not very welcoming to their fans come Monday evening!

4HYDE Utd Home Empty Re: HYDE Utd Home Sat Jan 30 2016, 23:58

sirsmileriiii

After Tuesdays performance at Barwell I was really worried about this one becoming another banana skin game for us, but what a difference in 4 days.

A complete turn around by the entire team, and an excellent result as well. All we need now is another performance like that on Mon night against Marine (even if someone has nicked their R Laughing ) to keep our winning run going.

I just hope that the loss of Dodds to Suspension for the next 3 matches won't cause us too many problems.

At H-T TCP was moaning that we were lucky to be in the lead, but by the end of the game even he said something positive about the team. So they must have got it right Wink

5HYDE Utd Home Empty Re: HYDE Utd Home Sun Jan 31 2016, 20:51

oldhillglassboy

An excellent performance with some high quality goals, done and dusted very early on and I think we saved ourselves a little in the second half with the games coming up, Hyde one of the poorest team's, I've seen in the Northern premier league, I sensed that before kick off the way they where standing around, that takes nothing away from the way we played though.

Not surprised that Gould started, you don't bring a player on loan from Scotland for him to be on the bench, made two fantastic saves and could do nothing about the goal - a screamer, there where a few yesterday! great strikes from lait and Vincent but I liked the perfect cross and diving header the best.

Need to back that up tomorrow, the "maine" event.

6HYDE Utd Home Empty Re: HYDE Utd Home Sun Jan 31 2016, 21:14

stour_boy

stour_boy

Great win and a good performance, albeit against the poorest side we have faced this season; no idea how Ramsbottom and Stamford are behind them.

All of the goals were crackers, especially Lait's goal and his assist for Dodd.

Gould made some great saves, but miscued horribly with simple clearances three times in the second half, I do hope he hasn't got 'Coleman-itis'...

Surprised Gary didn't sub either or both of the front two with one eye on Monday, so hopefully both will be on form against Marine and not too knackered from 2 days rest.

Whittall and Vincent both put in a good shift when they came on which was pleasing.

Leon had a good game albeit his free kicks and corners were unusually poor. Geddes also probably had his best game since coming back.

Dodd and Lait probably the two standouts for me and the defence all played well, albeit I don't think Stu is playing as well as he did earlier in the season, with his default clearance being a hoof as far forwards as possible...

Roll on Monday when hopefully we can start to put a run of results together, something we haven't done for a good while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum