Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Russell home

+6
notna
Old Codger
Dave the Glassboy
redpike
Devil's Advocate
Brian Handy
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Russell home Empty Russell home Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:39

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was as follows;

BRIAN SMIKLE 12 votes

Chris Lait 7

Dan Scarr. { 4
Justin Richards

Kristian Green. { 2
Tom Tonks

Stuart Pierpoint 1

Votes still to come 2 (everyone in the draw for the wine)

Winner of the wine was Karen Hough

Thanks to everyone who took part

2Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Sat Oct 10 2015, 21:50

Devil's Advocate

"Russell" ffs

3Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Sat Oct 10 2015, 21:50

Devil's Advocate

"Russell" ffs

4Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Sat Oct 10 2015, 22:36

Brian Handy

Oops!

Some blame it on the boogie , I blame it on bl**dy predictive text and not wearing my glasses.

5Russell home Empty Russell home Sat Oct 10 2015, 22:53

redpike

A very close game between two evenly-matched sides saw us giving, yet again, an excellent all-round team performance , resulting in a just-about deserved victory. Even though Rushall had a lot of the ball,

6Russell home Empty Russell home Sat Oct 10 2015, 23:17

redpike

Oops ! Gremlins are attacking me as well Brian, or is it just excitement/ relief at seeing us through to the next round ? Ignore DA being pedantic. Anyway, DA, what's happened to your contributions, sometimes over-the-top but nearly always interesting ?

As I was saying :

A very close game between two evenly-matched sides saw us, yet again, give an excellent all-round team performance, resulting in a just-about deserved victory. Even though Rushall had a lot of the ball, I can't recall Lewis having to make any saves out of the ordinary. Thought  his handling, under pressure, was spot-on.

Having conceded just three goals in the last eight games speaks volumes of the defence, ably backed up by midfield who never stop running and working. Even though Justin and Karl are in the autumn of their careers, their experience, particularly Karl's, is there for us all to see and appreciate.

Not surprised to see Junior win MOTM but I could have given my vote to any of our team.

The lessons of last season seem to have been learned with us having a very settled side with strength on the bench. My only slight concern is if either of our front two get injured.

With some big games coming up, starting Monday, let's hope we've been able to convert some of today's considerable, but very welcome, casual supporters into regulars.

These are good times to be following SFC. Long may they continue !!!

7Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Sat Oct 10 2015, 23:22

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

redpike wrote:Oops ! Gremlins are attacking me as well Brian, or is it just excitement/ relief at seeing us through to the next round ? Ignore DA being pedantic. Anyway, DA, what's happened to your contributions, sometimes over-the-top but nearly always interesting ?

Watching the Albion on a regular basis has obviously sent him into a catatonic state!

Wink

8Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Sun Oct 11 2015, 01:28

Devil's Advocate

I decided to get a life Redpike,I was spending too much time on social media and particularly on this site which appears to have a readership of seven these days.

I wasn't being "pedantic" by the way,I have a lot of laughs with Brian and merely enjoyed his typing error.

For what's it's worth I was impressed with today's performance and much as I thought it unlikely Gary does appear to have turned things around and well done to him for that and for giving up his position on the board which was always my biggest gripe tbh.

Well done to all involved in sorting out last seasons fiasco.

9Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Sun Oct 11 2015, 08:27

Old Codger

Three successive clean sheets including two away games is great form in any language. And who had the brain wave to play Junior at full back ?
Agree with redpike in that any off them could have got m o m in an excellent team performance. Thought Stuart was immense myself, dominated and lead superbly. Happy days indeed.
Now can we please have another home draw !!
One final thought...a certain ex no. 9 ( & sometime no. 2 ??) who used to appear, let's say, a bit on the sulky side, was seen ( I am told ) at the tea shed.........wonder if he thinks he just might have dropped a bit of a gonger ??

10Russell home Empty Russel home Sun Oct 11 2015, 10:58

notna

That certain ex player comes to a lot of Monday night matches

11Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Sun Oct 11 2015, 19:32

oldhillglassboy

A hard fought win, we lived dangerously at times but where worth the victory.  Glad Benbow was suspended as Rushall where pretty toothless and it could have been a very different outcome with him involved.  The goal was quality and thought Smikle and Pierpoint where excellent throughout.

It's going well so far on the pitch  (kiss of death!) and  it was right for Hackett to step down from the board off it, i'm still not sold on Monday night's though for a few reasons.

Would agree that this forum appears to have died a death.

12Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Tue Oct 13 2015, 09:14

stour_boy

stour_boy

Another good Monday night crowd last night - higher than any of our midweek league matches last season.

And with England on the telly.

Happy days Smile

13Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Tue Oct 13 2015, 09:16

stour_boy

stour_boy

oldhillglassboy wrote:Would agree that this forum appears to have died a death.

Yes, even the old forum I run used to go through peaks and troughs.

With Jack off to uni, and me, TRM, DTG, DA taking something of a sabbatical it's been rather quiet on here.

That said the man of the match results don't appear anywhere else so even if I don't post, I'm always checking on here to see the results.

14Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Tue Oct 13 2015, 12:49

Brian Handy

Have no fear I will continue to post the motm results on the forum.

I am very appreciative of the motm mention that appears in every programme, it helps generate interest and keeps those without internet access informed of the winners.

We sold out of programmes again on Monday which I think is a result of the higher crowds and the new programme. I have received some good feedback from fans about the programme which I always try to pass onto Ian.

15Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Tue Oct 13 2015, 12:54

Jane.N

I think everyone should come back and start rowing again....... Happy days! Cool pirat

16Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Tue Oct 13 2015, 14:33

Brian Handy

Very remiss of me not to mention that the motm winner always appears at the end of richards match report on the club web site.
I have also started posting the list of winners on the programme hut.

17Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Tue Oct 13 2015, 14:40

Brian Handy

I think everyone should come back and start rowing again....... Happy days!

as in 'row,row,row, your boat gently down the stream,merrrily,merrily, merrily,life is but a dream,

Keep on dreaming I say

18Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Tue Oct 13 2015, 22:25

Aled

Pitch invasion lately Brian? Laughing

19Russell home Empty Re: Russell home Tue Oct 13 2015, 22:26

Aled

stour_boy wrote:
oldhillglassboy wrote:Would agree that this forum appears to have died a death.

Yes, even the old forum I run used to go through peaks and troughs.

With Jack off to uni, and me, TRM, DTG, DA taking something of a sabbatical it's been rather quiet on here.

That said the man of the match results don't appear anywhere else so even if I don't post, I'm always checking on here to see the results.

I think it's because we all got bored of the constant stream of negative crap to be honest mate. Hugh out!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum