Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buxton at home

+12
Jane.N
oldhillglassboy
stoursi
Stourman1
brockmoor
Baggiestour
Tricky Tree
Aled
bulla
baz
Devil's Advocate
UlsterJim
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 20:00

Aled

It's not been good that's for sure. I still maintain my faith in Gary and shall await to see what unfolds next season. Up the Glassboys!

27Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 20:00

Aled

Aww thanks Tricky, I think you're pretty swell too me old mucker x

28Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 20:23

Stourman1

Gary please do us all a favour and move up stairs as after today there is no point in watching. If he's here next season we will go down. Let's get a new man in now who can build his squad.
I've said it before Richard Sneekers and Liam McDonald would be my choice but they are inexperienced managers.
Richard has done a good job at Rushall and had a good first season in management. But he has also used a lot of players this season. I personally don't think he'd come to is as he may think it's a back ward move.
McDonald at Redditch has done an incredible job there. I think they may still be in the playoff race going into the last game. But again I don't think mcdobald will come as he may well get opportunities from higher levels.
But we should speak to them as they would be ideal!!!

29Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 20:27

Aled

Sneekes has had one good season, McDonald has had money to burn, both unproven in my opinion. How can one good season make them good managers, whilst one bad season makes GH public enemy?

30Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 20:36

Devil's Advocate

It's not a matter of "public enemy" Aled.

Gary remains on the board,why?

Gary said he'd "know when it was time to go",with respect after a season like this that should be a decision that others can make without him "sitting in" like the "elephant in the room" at board meetings.

Our bench is packed with managers and coaches,why?

What on earth is the plan,we do we need so many cooks spoiling the broth.

You're a good lad Aled,I respect your opinion and you may be right about him still being best man for the job but surely we need to " de clutter" the bench and relieve our manager of his board duties in the interests of clarity and integrity?

Are you selling those pitchforks online?

31Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 20:44

Aled

Agreed we do seem top heavy with coaches. Personally, I really don't think him being on the board makes any difference. I may be wrong of course.

I honestly believe he'll turn it around, when I've been his harshest critic in the past, he's proved me wrong time and time again. Time will tell I guess, I just believe he deserves more time. Forget this season, it's done, no matter what happens in the next 3 games.

Special end of season sale. Buy one pitchfork, get a burning lantern free!

32Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 20:53

Devil's Advocate

I'm doing a nice line in Grim Reaper style scythe's Aled,I'll throw you in the gown free of charge if interested?

33Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 21:13

stoursi

Fined it strange that certain people who don't go to every game what Sneekes as our new manager.

The guy has used almost as many players as us.

One question as DA keeps on his was the youngest player to represent Ajax how many caps did he win for Holland.

If Gary leaves then employ Kitching who has done bettert than Gary and Sneekes at this level.

Finally all the fuss over Dean what a load of crap he should have been dropped ages ago and a new keeper found but there again that applies to a lot of players.

34Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 21:20

Devil's Advocate

How many did Gary win for England?

35Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 21:28

oldhillglassboy

Not much to say on the game without sounding like a broken record from previous matches. The first 20 odd minutes was as bad as anything this season which is saying something. Buxton content to sit on the lead which made for a very end of season second half, don't think they looked particularly good at the back, if we could have tested them more, a couple of decent saves, but plenty of efforts on goal where like rugby conversions. It was dreadful to watch, one regular left before half time to go down the Lye, disappointing to see that but can't say as I blame him, with what was on show.

With FC United needing something Tuesday to avoid a last day shootout with Workington, I fear it's going to get worse yet. The final whistle was a relief because my season is over and it will not live very long in the memory, particularly since January when it's been a freefall.

Surprised at the high attendance today, the crowds have understandably dropped this season although the average will no doubt be higher than before because of two games (lies, damned lies and statistics!). The buck ultimately stops with the manager and I feel a change is needed and the best time for that is before a season rather than during it. But I don't see Hackett not remaining in charge so with plenty of time for reflection over the summer I hope lessons can be learned and next season I will be proved wrong.

Was a player of the year vote held? I didn't see anybody come round as in previous years. I'd give it to Chris Knight.

36Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 21:29

stoursi

DA I have never said anything about Gary's journey in football you are the one saying how good Sneekes was but it didn't turn into full caps.

Rushall have gone backwards in this league with him.

So why should he be the next Stour msnager over my choice.

37Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 21:39

Jane.N

oldhillglassboy wrote:
Not much to say on the game without sounding like a broken record from previous matches.  The first 20 odd minutes was as bad as anything this season which is saying something.  Buxton content to sit on the lead which made for a very end of season second half, don't think they looked particularly good at the back, if we could have tested them more, a couple of decent saves, but plenty of efforts on goal where like rugby conversions.  It was dreadful to watch, one regular left before half time to go down the Lye, disappointing to see that but can't say as I blame him, with what was on show.  

With FC United needing something Tuesday to avoid a last day shootout with Workington, I fear it's going to get worse yet.  The final whistle was a relief because my season is over and it will not live very long in the memory, particularly since January when it's been a freefall.

Surprised at the high attendance today, the crowds have understandably dropped this season although the average will no doubt be higher than before because of two games (lies, damned lies and statistics!). The buck ultimately stops with the manager and I feel a change is needed and the best time for that is before a season rather than during it.  But I don't see Hackett not remaining in charge so with plenty of time for reflection over the summer I hope lessons can be learned and next season I will be proved wrong.

Was a player of the year vote held? I didn't see anybody come round as in previous years.  I'd give it to Chris Knight.

This annoyed me more than the performance - it probably annoyed me too much Embarassed - apparently there isn't a vote this year. The person who normally organises it wasn't keen on doing it as ( allegedly) he wasn't keen on being greeted with 'no-one deserves it' kind of comments. That's fair enough, but why didn't anyone else organise it. Bloody hell, there are enough regular fans who could have gone around dishing out the slips and dishing out clips round the ear to the likes of Devil and Brockmoor when they give their jokey answers Razz Very Happy

So we have had far worse seasons than this but this is the first year in whenever when there will be no supporters player of the year awarded. Shocking and I am mad again now after writing this.
Off for a large glass of wine!
Oh my vote would be for Leon and Jack who couldn't make todays game text me to say fill one in for him - also Leon!

38Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 21:43

Devil's Advocate

You should try reading my post in context rather than trying to make it sound like I was touting for Sneekes to be manager which I was not.

Aled asked for some background on Sneekes and I gave him what I knew.

I have no opinion on who should be the next Stour manager,its pointless anyway because nothing will change until Gary himself decides he's had enough.

I just don't understand why we have so many "assistants" to aid the manager?

The more we employ the worse it gets.

39Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 21:53

stoursi

DA read all the posts on hear but previous you have made a point about Sneekes before today so he must be your choice.

Whether he is or not he has taken Rushall back this season.

Kitching is by far a better manager and isnt he a former glassboy.

We need to put pride back in our performances and he is the one to do that.

But as you say Gary wont leave so no point going there.

40Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 22:09

Devil's Advocate

Don't put words in my mouth Stoursi,I'm plenty good enough at doing that for myself.

Like I said,I'm not advocating any particular candidate because I only follow Stourbridge and Lye in non league terms and don't have the time in my life to know all things non league.

41Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re:Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 22:41

redpike

Although today's depressing defeat continues our relegation form of just 18 out of a possible 69 points, I don't think it's time to criticise anymore - it has all been said many, many times.

Let us all hope that all the hard work going on behind the scenes gives us a much better team next season - let's face it, we can't get much worse !

Have a good summer everyone - roll on next season !

42Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 23:04

Old Codger

redpike wrote:Although today's depressing defeat continues our relegation form of just 18 out of a possible 69 points, I don't think it's time to criticise anymore - it has all been said many, many times.

Let us all hope that all the hard work going on behind the scenes gives us a much better team next season - let's face it, we can't get much worse !

Have a good summer everyone - roll on next season !

Well said Mr redpike, couldn't agree more & I share your optimism.
See you all in August, or July for pre season
Happy holidays everyone

43Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 23:52

brockmoor

brockmoor

Jane.N wrote:
oldhillglassboy wrote:
Not much to say on the game without sounding like a broken record from previous matches.  The first 20 odd minutes was as bad as anything this season which is saying something.  Buxton content to sit on the lead which made for a very end of season second half, don't think they looked particularly good at the back, if we could have tested them more, a couple of decent saves, but plenty of efforts on goal where like rugby conversions.  It was dreadful to watch, one regular left before half time to go down the Lye, disappointing to see that but can't say as I blame him, with what was on show.  

With FC United needing something Tuesday to avoid a last day shootout with Workington, I fear it's going to get worse yet.  The final whistle was a relief because my season is over and it will not live very long in the memory, particularly since January when it's been a freefall.

Surprised at the high attendance today, the crowds have understandably dropped this season although the average will no doubt be higher than before because of two games (lies, damned lies and statistics!). The buck ultimately stops with the manager and I feel a change is needed and the best time for that is before a season rather than during it.  But I don't see Hackett not remaining in charge so with plenty of time for reflection over the summer I hope lessons can be learned and next season I will be proved wrong.

Was a player of the year vote held? I didn't see anybody come round as in previous years.  I'd give it to Chris Knight.

This annoyed me more than the performance - it probably annoyed me too much Embarassed  - apparently there isn't a vote this year. The person who normally organises it wasn't keen on doing it as ( allegedly) he wasn't keen on being greeted with 'no-one deserves it' kind of comments. That's fair enough, but why didn't anyone else organise it. Bloody hell, there are enough regular fans who could have gone around dishing out the slips and dishing out clips round the ear to the likes of Devil and Brockmoor when they give their jokey answers Razz Very Happy

So we have had far worse seasons than this but this is the first year in whenever when there will be no supporters player of the year awarded. Shocking and I am mad again now after writing this.
Oh my vote would be for Leon and Jack who couldn't make todays game text me to say fill one in for him - also Leon!

Leon or Knighty for me Jane.

44Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sun Apr 19 2015, 00:44

Devil's Advocate

brockmoor wrote:
Jane.N wrote:
oldhillglassboy wrote:

This annoyed me more than the performance - it probably annoyed me too much Embarassed  - apparently there isn't a vote this year. The person who normally organises it wasn't keen on doing it as ( allegedly) he wasn't keen on being greeted with 'no-one deserves it' kind of comments. That's fair enough, but why didn't anyone else organise it. Bloody hell, there are enough regular fans who could have gone around dishing out the slips and dishing out clips round the ear to the likes of Devil and Brockmoor when they give their jokey answers Razz Very Happy

Leon or Knighty for me Jane.

Same with me as well,i'd go for Knight by a short head.

A small number of other's deserve a mention as well.

Dean Coleman pulled of some truly top class saves at times during the season and although he's also made some errors i feel his treatment in the last two weeks has been shabby beyond belief.

Junior Smikle has never failed to give anything less than 100% and considering he rarely get's the chance to play in his natural position it's struck me that he's a really decent sort of lad who will always give his all.

Drew Canavan has at times driven me to distraction but he's another one who never let's his head drop and work's hard for his team mates,he also shows tremendous skill and ability at times,maybe a lack of concentration let's him down defensively but he has given us some of the brighter moment's of the season with his sublime free kicks,he's also part of the fabric of what was a really decent Stour set up until this season's debacle.

Kayelden Brown is another who's effort never drops,he doesn't score enough goals in my opinion but his work ethic can't be faulted.

I'd also like to say a thanks to Andre Francis as well,i thought the lad was a diamond of a bloke,no trouble,always a 100% on the pitch and by all accounts never a minutes trouble even when not getting a fair shake in terms of pitch time,the sort of player who's always a credit to himself and his club so thank you Andre.

I nearly forgot Will Richards Mad

The tremendous standards Will reached last season have not been repeated but i think he'll comes good again and he'd be the first part of the outfield spine of my Stour team for next season,another player who's commitment cannot be questioned,come back refreshed for next year Will!

45Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sun Apr 19 2015, 07:52

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Have just checked and the last time we joined a new division, SL premier, we finished 16th. At the moment we are 16th in the table with 2 to go. I've got to admit that today's first half showing was shocking, but maybe nows the time to cut the management and directors a bit of slack and see what happens in our second year in the NPL?

46Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sun Apr 19 2015, 10:37

Aled

Everyone had earned the right to their opinion, and I fully understand the frustration, but here's the thing for me, in a nutshell:

Most of those on here who want GH gone have also accepted that won't happen. So, you may not like it folks, but how about we all rally around the club and give then the backing into next season, see where we are by Christmas, and more importantly, what the performances are like.

Like I said, I understand the frustration, and many of you have seen far more games than I this season, but here it is, my twopenneth worth.

We all want the same thing, we only differ on how best to go about it.

Up the Glassbuggers!

47Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sun Apr 19 2015, 11:08

Devil's Advocate

barnstoneworth wrote:Have just checked and the last time we joined a new division, SL premier, we finished 16th. At the moment we are 16th in the table with 2 to go. I've got to admit that today's first half showing was shocking, but maybe nows  the time to cut the management and directors a bit of slack and see what happens in our second year in the NPL?

That was because we had been promoted and gone UP a division!

This time we were moved sideways,a purely geographical exercise,nothing to do with playing standards at all.

Most fans will cut their team and management some slack for the first couple of seasons in a higher standard,the reason a lot of people are peed off is because we've gone sideways and have just fallen apart as a team and play with no pattern whatsoever.

48Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sun Apr 19 2015, 12:03

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

I purposely omitted the bit about promotion as I don't think that's particularly relevant. We changed divisions and essentially faced 20+ different teams. I think the general view is that the NPL Premier is a tougher division than the Southern Premier so the point I am trying to make still stands; a different league = a different bunch of teams = give the management team some breathing space. If we start out 15/16 in the same manner as we've finished 14/15 then I'll be worried.

49Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sun Apr 19 2015, 13:01

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows:

WILL RICHARDS 13 votes

Brian Smikle 12
Chris Lait 2
Leon Broadhurst 2
Josh Quaynor 1
Drew Canavan 1
Lewis Solly 1
Jon Fords Deckchair 1
A Dog 1
The Sun in the Sky 1
Steve Dimmock 1
Dean Coleman 1
Brian Handy 1

The winner of the wine was IAN HICKLIN

Thanks to everyone who took part.

50Buxton at home - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxton at home Sun Apr 19 2015, 16:59

brockmoor

brockmoor

barnstoneworth wrote:I purposely omitted the bit about promotion as I don't think that's particularly relevant. We changed divisions and essentially faced 20+ different teams. I think the general view is that the NPL Premier is a tougher division than the Southern Premier so the point I am trying to make still stands; a different league = a different bunch of teams = give the management team some breathing space. If we start out 15/16 in the same manner as we've finished 14/15 then I'll be worried.

The promotion 'bit' wasn't relevant!

That could go in Gary Hackett's 'Book Of Quotes'! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum