Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kidderminster Harriers

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kidderminster Harriers Empty Kidderminster Harriers Wed Feb 11 2015, 11:33

redpike

Against a full-time and full-strength Conference Premier side, we put up a spirited performance but without really troubling Kiddy's goalkeeper.

I thought our young defence, playing together for the first time, acquitted themselves very well, with Josh Q seeming to grow in confidence as the game progressed. Chris played to his usual high standards, doing well against Lee Hughes who looked fit for a 38 year old.

However, with the exception of Will, our midfield was no match, particularly in the second half where Kiddy's superior fitness levels became obvious. Consequently, our front two never really received the necessary service.

Even when Kayelden and Reece return to the team, we are still lacking goal-scoring experience up front and are too reliant on Luke B. Everytime he goes down, I am fearing the worst.

Nonetheless, we can take comfort that we were not outplayed by a very experienced Harriers ream.

2Kidderminster Harriers Empty Re: Kidderminster Harriers Wed Feb 11 2015, 12:40

baz

Enjoyed the match after the doom and gloom over the last few weeks,hope we can carry on the form and work rate from last night into the league! On a side note as not on Twitter can someone tell the admin kick off at Redditch is 7.30 tonight,thanks.

3Kidderminster Harriers Empty Re: Kidderminster Harriers Wed Feb 11 2015, 18:25

Brian Handy

Man of the Match votes were;

WILL RICHARDS 12
Chris Knight 7
Luke Connolley 3
Leon Mills 2
Josh Morgan-Parker 2

Winner of the wine was IAN PILKINGTON

4Kidderminster Harriers Empty Re: Kidderminster Harriers Wed Feb 11 2015, 20:30

oldhillglassboy

I took one look at the teamsheet on arrival and knew we would be up against it! at least it had the feel of a big match with both teams going at it full strength as opposed to some of the minor cup mathces.

I thought we played well first half but unfortunatley a goal was not forthcoming, Hughes looked the best player on the pitch, clearly showing hes played at a much higher level (a difficult marking job for Knight but he did fairly well). The second half was tough going as fitness told and Kiddy turned the screw, we didn't have much of a sniff in that period. Richards had a good game I thought.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum