Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Congratulations Devil's Advocate!

+3
glassboypaul
Devil's Advocate
Nath
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Mon Dec 01 2014, 13:14

Nath

After making a quick observation I think congratulations must go out to Devil's Advocate who yesterday became the leading forum poster of all time, overtaking TRM! DA now leads by 4 posts. Come on Rich, you're needed back on here to give him some competition!

2Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Wed Dec 03 2014, 00:54

Devil's Advocate

Nath wrote:After making a quick observation I think congratulations must go out to Devil's Advocate who yesterday became the leading forum poster of all time, overtaking TRM! DA now leads by 4 posts. Come on Rich, you're needed back on here to give him some competition!

I'll never be another TRM Laughing

3Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Wed Dec 03 2014, 11:35

glassboypaul

DA is the only poster who has made a high number of posts that is a regular on here these days. What has happened to the others?
Keep it up DA, we need you on here or yet another SFC forum will die a death.

4Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Wed Dec 03 2014, 16:05

Nath

glassboypaul wrote:DA is the only poster who has made a high number of posts that is a regular on here these days. What has happened to the others?
Keep it up DA, we need you on here or yet another SFC forum will die a death.

As mentioned in other threads, I think it's the case of a good number of former regular posters now being reluctant to post anything on the forum to avoid the wrath of the management/committee. Particularly those fans who are now close to management and directors. At least 3 posters spring immediately to mind! Laughing . It seems such a shame that in this day and age some people are scared or cautious of having opinions just in case they may upset certain individuals. The forum is for just that, opinions. As has been said before, if people who have posted on here are 'warned off' or feel slightly 'intimidated' then the club must immediately do something to avoid appearing dictatorial.

5Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Wed Dec 03 2014, 16:38

Jack

Jack
Admin

I can assure you Nath, it's got absolutely nowt to do with the club.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

6Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Wed Dec 03 2014, 20:25

Nath

Jack wrote: I can assure you Nath, it's got absolutely nowt to do with the club.

That's fine Jack, it was just a hunch. I wasn't really suggesting any maliciousness from the club in any way, just that those posters who used to post regularly and who are close to Andy P through their work for the club and personally, such as Ulster Jim, DY9 Stour,TRM,etc maybe opting not to post to avoid getting involved in any scandal as it were or get caught up in a debate. If this isn't the case then I sincerely apologise but no offence at all was intended. I suppose it's because I miss the banter as much as anything why I'm sad that those people don't post their comments which were always articulately put across and highly entertaining. I loved the passionate and often highly amusing and witty conversations. Yes at times we all disagree but that's life! As far as I'm aware nobody has ever been offensive and personal in their opinions on here, it is good natured. Some people are naturally more critical of things than others,that is just down to personality!

I for one have always looked on the negative side of everything,that applies to everything I've ever done, not just on here! I've got a very depressive,anxious,stressed personality, for which I'm receiving continual treatment, which occasionally comes through and is obvious. Other people are always positive, would never complain about anything in their lives and would never express a critical opinion. It doesn't mean one is a horrible bloke and the other one not, it's just the way we have been made.

7Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 10:11

glassboypaul

Maybe the admin could make more efforts to bring those posters back to the forum?

TRM had over 1000 posts and now doesn't post. I assume he has either fallen out with the admin or feels he can't post because of his new official capacity at the club as social media rep.

Come back TRM this forum needs you.

8Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 11:07

TRM

Neither theory is remotely close, Paul.

9Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 11:28

Jack

Jack
Admin

Nope, Rich and I get on perfectly well. Moreover, another poster who now doesn't post I get on with just as well. It's got nowt to do with the club, or myself.

10Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 13:34

glassboypaul

glassboypaul wrote:Maybe the admin could make more efforts to bring those posters back to the forum?

TRM had over 1000 posts and now doesn't post. I assume he has either fallen out with the admin or feels he can't post because of his new official capacity at the club as social media rep.

Come back TRM this forum needs you.

OK TRM, many apologies for getting this wrong.

Can I enquire as to the actual reason then?

11Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 13:34

glassboypaul

Jack wrote:Nope, Rich and I get on perfectly well. Moreover, another poster who now doesn't post I get on with just as well. It's got nowt to do with the club, or myself.

Which poster is that Jack?

12Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 14:28

Jack

Jack
Admin

There are a few actually, don't think it's right for me to name names. However as far as I know, its got nothing to do with me or the board.

13Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 14:37

glassboypaul

Jack wrote:There are a few actually, don't think it's right for me to name names. However as far as I know, its got nothing to do with me or the board.

Please elaborate as I think admin should try and attract them back?

What is it to do with?

14Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:03

Jack

Jack
Admin

It's got absolutely nothing to do with me. I don't have the right to talk on behalf of fully grown men older than me.

Its also not my job to attract people. I took the job of running the forum.

15Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:23

glassboypaul

Jack wrote:It's got absolutely nothing to do with me. I don't have the right to talk on behalf of fully grown men older than me.

Its also not my job to attract people. I took the job of running the forum.

But you must know why people don't post as much/at all now? At least disclose that?

And how will you feel if yet another forum crashes and burns?

16Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:27

Jack

Jack
Admin

Yes I do know. But it's not my job to tell others what others are thinking. If they wanted the greater good to know, they'd come and explain themselves. The only reason I know is because I get on quite well with them away from the forum.

And to be honest, I was asked to do this and I run it. I don't get a lot if any enjoyment. Just stress.

17Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:41

glassboypaul

Is it TRM, Redpike, Stourboy and Dave the Glassboy? I think they are all nice people who wouldn't mind being asked.

18Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:44

Jack

Jack
Admin

Not particularly no. (Thats to the is it them, not the all nice people).

19Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Fri Dec 05 2014, 17:07

Aled

I post sporadically on here. Thats simply down to the number of games I actually get to attend. I can't really comment on games I didn't attend. Nothing more. What's with all the conspiracy theories?

20Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Sat Dec 06 2014, 10:38

stour_boy

stour_boy

For what it's worth, the reasons for my drop in activity on here have nothing whatsoever to do with either Jack or the committee.

Jack does a great job running this - much better than I ever did - but it's not his job to go round hassling people who have been a bit quiet recently.

21Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Empty Re: Congratulations Devil's Advocate! Sat Dec 06 2014, 12:26

Aled

*around. Shocking!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum