Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carlton - Away Saturday

+5
Dave the Glassboy
Devil's Advocate
brockmoor
Jack
sirsmileriiii
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Carlton - Away Saturday Wed Oct 29 2014, 16:55

sirsmileriiii

I am actually looking forward to going to this game, as long as my connections work OK.

As I've never been to this ground before, does anyone know how far the nearest pub is Wink   I've had a look on google maps and all I can find near the ground are houses.

The nearest pub I can find is in Carlton itself called "Its In The Bank", and that is right on the island in the town centre.  But I'm not sure if there is one nearer the ground?  From that pub there it's a straight walk down Chandos Street & Emerys Road.

P.S If anyone is wondering why I've changed my name, it is because my account was mysteriously deleted for some reason.  Not sure why but if it was because of me using inappropriate language on one occasion, I can promise everyone It won't happen again Embarassed

2Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Wed Oct 29 2014, 17:06

Jack

Jack
Admin

I had a message off you today asking for it be deleted at once, hence why I did so. Was it not you? It had nowt to do with anything but the fact I received a message saying too.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

3Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Wed Oct 29 2014, 17:43

sirsmileriiii

Jack wrote:I had a message off you today asking for it be deleted at once, hence why I did so. Was it not you? It had nowt to do with anything but the fact I received a message saying too.

I never sent any request and never would do, so I'm not sure where that came from scratch

There's nothing I enjoy more than winding people up on here, so I would never want to leave. The only possible explanation I can think of, is that it was sent when my computer was hacked recently. But that was over a week ago, so the answer is pass.

Does not matter anyway as I am back, and that's the most important thing. If you ever get another request asking the same thing, please ignore it. Thank You... Wink

4Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:00

brockmoor

brockmoor

Fingers crossed you get a similar email from Rasam!

Laughing

5Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Wed Oct 29 2014, 21:51

sirsmileriiii

Now you know everyone would be upset if he left, unless you plan to replace him with Roy Cropper Razz

6Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Wed Oct 29 2014, 22:20

Devil's Advocate

brockmoor wrote:Fingers crossed you get a similar email from Rasam!

Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PMSL……best post of the year.

7Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Wed Oct 29 2014, 22:47

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

sirsmileriiii wrote:As I've never been to this ground before, does anyone know how far the nearest pub is Wink   I've had a look on google maps and all I can find near the ground are houses.

It's on the outskirts of a housing estate and I can't remember much in the way of pubs in the vicinity.

8Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Thu Oct 30 2014, 19:42

oldhillglassboy

The ground doesn't look too far from the station, only 5 or 6 minutes on the train out of Nottingham, I will probably be in attendance now that the steam train trip to Liverpool I had booked has fallen foul of the fire strike!

9Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 10:06

stour_boy

stour_boy

Updates to follow here later on today.

Safe journey to everyone travelling over to Carlton.

10Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 14:21

stour_boy

stour_boy

Today's team:

Coleman
Francis
Ramsey-Dickson
McCone
Smikle
Knight
Haynes
Geohaghon
Bowerman
Canavan
Till

11Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 14:22

stour_boy

stour_boy

Subs:

Morgan-Parker
Kalenda
Gueyes
Tye
Hill

12Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 15:31

stour_boy

stour_boy

0-1

13Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 15:47

stour_boy

stour_boy

0-1 HT

14Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 16:22

stour_boy

stour_boy

Gueyes on for Francis

15Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 16:41

stour_boy

stour_boy

Morgan-Parker on for Smikle

16Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 16:49

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-1 Morgan-Parker

17Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 16:54

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-1 FT

Replay Tuesday. The BSC game against Rushall is postponed and will be re-arranged for a later date

18Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 17:37

stour_boy

stour_boy

The official attendance was 106.

19Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 20:42

Devil's Advocate

In all honesty a pretty poor match on an awful pitch,the goalmouth's themselves were a disgrace even for lower league Sunday pub football,every chance of a bad injury in the six yard boxes,the groundsman should be ashamed,they need digging up and re-turfing.

Stour tried hard enough but shipped a goal to their only attack in the first 20 minutes,indeed,their only attack of the first half if i remember correctly.

We came up against a goalkeeper who was both inspired and incredibly lucky,the save off his face that hit the inside of the post and the subsequent follow up open goal miss by Jean Michel Jarre left me gasping for oxygen.

Canavan's first half skill in lifting the ball over the defence and then running through and seeing his shot saved only highlighted his position as the "Stourbridge Messi",great work by Drew and the awful pitch robbed him of a clean shot.

Once again Drew was my motm with McCone a close second.

Exodus is one hell of a unit,i hope we're not paying him by the pound or inch as he'll bankrupt us!

Some nice touches from him but perhaps not as dominant in midfield as i'd hoped.

Bowerman was lively but Knighty looked like a fish out of water upfront,Morgan-Parker made the difference with his "live wire" pace and scored a well taken equaliser.

A very limited opposition in my opinion,no better than Blaby and a decent Stour performance on Tuesday should see us win by three or four if we show the right attitude.

A disappointing crowd of just 106 today with around half from Stour.

20Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sat Nov 01 2014, 22:56

oldhillglassboy

A tough game on a windswept open ground with not the best playing surface, pretty much like the corresponding sataurday last year at Mickleover. Another Amblecote replay, we will have played a lot of games by the end of this season! I wouldn't like to see replays scrapped in the FA compititions but feel some of the other cup's need to be dispensed with, it seems the ref at Curzon Ashton thought replays had been scrapped, he made them play 15 minutes of extra time before the error of his ways was pointed out!

Back to the match and the first thing to say is what a fantasic display from Mcdonald in the home goal, I watched him in the warm up as they lined up to take shots and very little was getting past him! having kept us out until the 89th minute there was still time for another good save to deny us a winner. The first half we dominated but they scored from their only attack, it was all a bit too easy for them to go through us. The second half was much more even and we where indebted to two goal line clearances from Mccone, whilst still being frustrated by the goalie at the other end.

Great to see Morgan-Parker come off the bench and create and score the equaliser, it wasn't the best day at the office but defeat would have been harsh, mind you we had seven regular players missing (not to mention the departed Geddes), so it's hardly surprising it wasn't vintage. Knight has looked good at the back and we had to play him at centre forward.

Still a good chance to progress, I hope Mcdonald's working on Tuesday!

21Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sun Nov 02 2014, 18:04

Jack

Jack
Admin

Their keeper was the difference. Some remarkable saves. Macca was excellent as usual and Josh did really well when he came on. Deserves to start Tuesday and then the two cup games atleast. Well done to the lads for keeping on in there and plugging away. I reckon if Ex is in it for the long haul he will be a very important player for us.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

22Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Sun Nov 02 2014, 21:03

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was;

PAUL McCONE 10 Votes

Drew Canavan 5

Chris Knight
Exedus Geohagan } All 1 vote
Kyle Haynes
Brian Smirkle
Carlton Keeper

1 vote still to come.

Winner of the wine was KAREN OLIVER.

23Carlton - Away Saturday Empty Re: Carlton - Away Saturday Mon Nov 10 2014, 08:32

glassboypaul

Very poor pitch but a hard fought game. Carlton were so close to victory but can have few complaints about the final score given the pressure we put on them.

Have to say our midfield is continuing to really step up to the void caused by recent departures and injuries and long may it continue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum