Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sean Geddes

+9
Baggiestour
Dave the Glassboy
Tricky Tree
Jane.N
dodi
Devil's Advocate
glassboypaul
Jack
redpike
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Fri Dec 19 2014, 00:12

Devil's Advocate

glassboypaul wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
glassboypaul wrote:Why don't you guys go and support Worcester then, or join the Worcester forum if you want to analyse his performances every week for Worcester?

And whats it got to do with you!?

I actually went to the meeting with Gary and Andy,did you?

I was merely congratulating Sean and wishing him well,there was absolutely NOTHING in my post having a dig at past events if you bothered to read it properly and Tricky was only being sarky.

It's more of a pity on here that the odd poster can't help but just come on to "dig out" other people,you do it all the time.

If you don't like the content then why bother even reading it.

As i said previously,well done Sean and Worcester.

COYGB.

Yes I was there (unlike Rasam!). I never made any comment on whether anyone was having a dig or not - not interested or bothered by that - but it is concerning we haven't moved on and keep posting about Sean (whether it's a wind up, a dig, or genuine congratulations to him, I think it's high time we moved on), and some only seem to come on here for a moan or a wind up. The lack of posts after a win is worrying.

I get a bit cheesed off when people come on here just to pick to pieces what other people say.

You may notice that your rant on the Birmingham Senior Cup thread hasn't gone down well with some,i have my own thought's on what you posted but i've kept them to myself,they are your feeling's and you are entitled to them,personally i don't like this "thought police" attitude where people tell people what they should think or discuss,it reached laughable proportions before the meeting with club official's when it was suggested as to what questions should be asked and that the questions should "focus on the future" and that the past should be "left behind",if you know who i am GBP then you'll be aware that i wasn't allowing that "guidance" to affect my choice of questions.

That meeting did clear the air from my point of view and i think we all agreed that that "Geddesgate" had been put to bed BUT that won't stop me from wishing the lad well and mentioning him on this forum if i want to.

I won't tell you what to say or think so perhaps you could refrain from doing the same to me and other people.

Your opinion's are pretty forthright on the team and other supporter's,if you actually just focussed on team thought's then i'd respect you for that even if i did think you were talking utter bollox.

Are you sure that you're not Rasam Laughing

52Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Fri Dec 19 2014, 09:33

glassboypaul

Devil's Advocate wrote:
glassboypaul wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
glassboypaul wrote:Why don't you guys go and support Worcester then, or join the Worcester forum if you want to analyse his performances every week for Worcester?

I was merely congratulating Sean and wishing him well,there was absolutely NOTHING in my post having a dig at past events if you bothered to read it properly and Tricky was only being sarky.

It's more of a pity on here that the odd poster can't help but just come on to "dig out" other people,you do it all the time.

COYGB.

Yes I was there (unlike Rasam!). I never made any comment on whether anyone was having a dig or not - not interested or bothered by that - but it is concerning we haven't moved on and keep posting about Sean (whether it's a wind up, a dig, or genuine congratulations to him, I think it's high time we moved on), and some only seem to come on here for a moan or a wind up. The lack of posts after a win is worrying.

I get a bit cheesed off when people come on here just to pick to pieces what other people say.

You may notice that your rant on the Birmingham Senior Cup thread hasn't gone down well with some,i have my own thought's on what you posted but i've kept them to myself,they are your feeling's and you are entitled to them,personally i don't like this "thought police" attitude where people tell people what they should think or discuss,it reached laughable proportions before the meeting with club official's when it was suggested as to what questions should be asked and that the questions should "focus on the future" and that the past should be "left behind",if you know who i am GBP then you'll be aware that i wasn't allowing that "guidance" to affect my choice of questions.

That meeting did clear the air from my point of view and i think we all agreed that that "Geddesgate" had been put to bed BUT that won't stop me from wishing the lad well and mentioning him on this forum if i want to.

I won't tell you what to say or think so perhaps you could refrain from doing the same to me and other people.

Your opinion's are pretty forthright on the team and other supporter's,if you actually just focussed on team thought's then i'd respect you for that even if i did think you were talking utter bollox.

Yes, agreed, I am a bit opinionated at times and sometimes it comes across badly on here, I am afraid I don't write my point of view very well on the forum and sometimes it comes across a bit forthright as you suggest.

I am totally against any kind of "thought police" attitudes such as were expressed by certain people involved with the club before that meeting - don't talk about this etc.

As I said in previous message - don't mind what people say about Geddes really but just think it is time to move on.

If though you believe in free speech and talking about anything, why are you keeping certain thoughts to yourself out of interest, with regard to my post on the Birmingham Senior Cup page?

I don't expect anyone to agree with me, far from it, in fact this forum would be extremely boring if that was so.

I think this forum has gone downhill somewhat because people are afraid to post 'controversial' thoughts such as mine on that thread - I don't expect anyone to agree but the way some rip your posts apart because you criticise the club is disappointing. I think my comments on Jack were fair given that for three recent matches he didn't seem fussed about the end result. Obviously I don't know him and I am happy to be corrected but I for one am not afraid to post my opinions, I'm not on here for everyone to agree or for everyone at the club to love me.

53Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Fri Dec 19 2014, 10:56

Baggiestour

With regards Geddes we have moved on but the kid gave stour some great service so wishing him luck ( off topic) is fine in my book.some morality wouldn't go amiss sometimes.
Ye Say what you want, that's what the forum is for but if you come out with trash then expect an answer back

54Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Fri Dec 19 2014, 10:58

Jack

Jack
Admin

I completely agree with your BS. The issue some had, includingme was that most Stour topics where turning into Geddes threads. I for one was delighted to see him do so well the other Night!

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

55Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Fri Dec 19 2014, 11:04

Devil's Advocate

glassboypaul wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
glassboypaul wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

COYGB.

Yes, agreed, I am a bit opinionated at times and sometimes it comes across badly on here, I am afraid I don't write my point of view very well on the forum and sometimes it comes across a bit forthright as you suggest.

I am totally against any kind of "thought police" attitudes such as were expressed by certain people involved with the club before that meeting - don't talk about this etc.

As I said in previous message - don't mind what people say about Geddes really but just think it is time to move on.

If though you believe in free speech and talking about anything, why are you keeping certain thoughts to yourself out of interest, with regard to my post on the Birmingham Senior Cup page?

I don't expect anyone to agree with me, far from it, in fact this forum would be extremely boring if that was so.

I think this forum has gone downhill somewhat because people are afraid to post 'controversial' thoughts such as mine on that thread - I don't expect anyone to agree but the way some rip your posts apart because you criticise the club is disappointing. I think my comments on Jack were fair given that for three recent matches he didn't seem fussed about the end result. Obviously I don't know him and I am happy to be corrected but I for one am not afraid to post my opinions, I'm not on here for everyone to agree or for everyone at the club to love me.

With an admission of such "forthright opinion" it's a pity you had nothing to say at the meeting.

As for your comment's about Jack not seeming to care………………... Shocked Mad

Yeah,rite Mad

56Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Tue Dec 23 2014, 10:55

sirsmileriiii

I personally don't see what the problem is, regarding people on here talking about Sean Geddes now it is in the off topic section.  After all what's the difference between talking about Sean, and talking about any other player that doesn't play for Stour.

If you don't agree then don't read the thread, simples... Wink

57Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Wed Dec 24 2014, 13:33

glassboypaul

Devil's Advocate wrote:With an admission of such "forthright opinion" it's a pity you had nothing to say at the meeting.

Yeah,rite Mad

I didn't say anything because I haven't been supporting the club for nearly as long as some so my opinion isn't as valid as someone such as you with 40+ years etc.

He didn't SEEM to care from recent comments, different to saying he DOESN'T. Singing along with away fans and not caring about two home cup matches, by his own admission. It's fine to have Stour as a second club for a bit of a laugh though. It isn't league football.

I will see you on Friday we can put the record straight Smile

58Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Wed Dec 24 2014, 15:54

Devil's Advocate

glassboypaul wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:With an admission of such "forthright opinion" it's a pity you had nothing to say at the meeting.

Yeah,rite Mad

I didn't say anything because I haven't been supporting the club for nearly as long as some so my opinion isn't as valid as someone such as you with 40+ years etc.

He didn't SEEM to care from recent comments, different to saying he DOESN'T. Singing along with away fans and not caring about two home cup matches, by his own admission. It's fine to have Stour as a second club for a bit of a laugh though. It isn't league football.

I will see you on Friday we can put the record straight Smile

You're wrong on so many levels about Jack that i think you should spend Friday hunting him down and apologising to his face GBP.

59Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Wed Dec 24 2014, 19:00

Jack

Jack
Admin

He could have apologised at Whitby. I was there, and it wasn't asif the comments weren't mentioned. Thanks though Devil. Appreciated.

60Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Wed Dec 24 2014, 19:28

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Jack wrote:He could have apologised at Whitby. I was there, and it wasn't asif the comments weren't mentioned. Thanks though Devil. Appreciated.

Or you could have asked around and found him out.

61Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Thu Dec 25 2014, 01:11

Nath

Jack wrote:He could have apologised at Whitby. I was there, and it wasn't asif the comments weren't mentioned. Thanks though Devil. Appreciated.

I've never heard such shit. Apologise for what?? What has GlassboyPaul done other than have an opinion? It's like being in the fucking school playground. Having to hunt someone down down to apologise?? If I'd be doing that with everyone who's ever slagged me off or had misguided opinions about me over the years, I wouldn't have enough years left to live to hunt people down.

62Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Thu Dec 25 2014, 07:37

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I only meant for Jack to hunt him down if he was that particularly bothered.

I note that I got voted down for my last comment, I can expect the same again.

63Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Thu Dec 25 2014, 10:19

Nath

Tricky Tree wrote:I only meant for Jack to hunt him down if he was that particularly bothered.

I note that I got voted down for my last comment, I can expect the same again.

I know what you meant Tricky, I was more referring to DA and Jack when saying that it seems a bit silly to be so bothered about wanting someone to go to such an effort to apologise for something that seemed such a trivial "off the cuff" comment and to what was just an observation by Glassboypaul. Like I said, people have slated me and got their facts wrong about me on more occasions than I care to remember but not once have I received apologies nor would I really be that bothered about receiving them!

Hope you're OK anyway Tricky?

64Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Thu Dec 25 2014, 15:00

sirsmileriiii

Nath wrote:I've never heard such shit. Apologise for what?? What has GlassboyPaul done other than have an opinion? It's like being in the fucking school playground. Having to hunt someone down down to apologise?? If I'd be doing that with everyone who's ever slagged me off or had misguided opinions about me over the years, I wouldn't have enough years left to live to hunt people down.

Nath I don't want to start another argument, but can I remind you that not very long ago I was told off for swearing on here. And that rule applies to all forum members Rolling Eyes

65Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Fri Dec 26 2014, 12:45

glassboypaul

I will see Jack today but I don't think I need to apologise because some disagree with my opinion. They are fully entitled to do so but it would be a strange world if we had to apologise, BBC style, to anything previously said that some people disagreed with.

66Sean Geddes - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Geddes Sat Dec 27 2014, 11:04

Jack

Jack
Admin

You didn't see me. There's also a difference between an opinion on football, and then accusing someone who by all accounts (by you) has been going an awful lot longer of not caring. Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum