Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

A collection for Ben.

+7
Baggiestour
dave w
Jane.N
PhilC
Tricky Tree
TRM
Devil's Advocate
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A collection for Ben. Empty A collection for Ben. Sun Oct 19 2014, 16:46

Devil's Advocate

TRM,i'm hoping you read this.

Are the club going to set up an official collection for Ben?

Cheers.

2A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Sun Oct 19 2014, 22:02

TRM

I am away on holiday this week so won't be in touch with what is happening at the Club. I am also not an official, despite what some probably think, and have no input into any decisions. I merely pass stuff on as instructed/asked.

However, I am sure that Andy P and everybody behind the scenes will have this close to the top of their agenda.

But please bear in mind that this needs to be done properly and not "bodged." It is too important to get wrong. It also needs to be discussed with Ben and his family and right now they have more pressing things on their minds.

I would respectfully suggest a little patience on this.

(These are just my own thoughts and not in any way official)

3A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Sun Oct 19 2014, 23:58

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:I am away on holiday this week so won't be in touch with what is happening at the Club. I am also not an official, despite what some probably think, and have no input into any decisions. I merely pass stuff on as instructed/asked.

However, I am sure that Andy P and everybody behind the scenes will have this close to the top of their agenda.

But please bear in mind that this needs to be done properly and not "bodged." It is too important to get wrong. It also needs to be discussed with Ben and his family and right now they have more pressing things on their minds.

I would respectfully suggest a little patience on this.

(These are just my own thoughts and not in any way official)

I agree with your points Rich and there's no hint of anything being "bodged",i just think a clear statement of what the club intend's to do in terms of Ben's ongoing care and wellbeing over the next year or two,would be of great help.

In my 42 years of watching football live and 40 of those years following Stourbridge this is the most serious incident that has befallen one of "my" players as it were,i remember being at Villa Park watching Albion in the latish 70's and i heard the crack when Alex Cropley broke his leg,it ended his career,these events are thankfully rare but when they do happen i feel that the club owes a major duty of care to that player for an extended period.

I expect us to do right by Ben.

4A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Mon Oct 20 2014, 13:00

Devil's Advocate

Gary Hackett has mentioned in today's Express and Star that Halesowen Town are organising a whip round for Ben,what a fantastic gesture on their part,well done to them.

The rivalry will always be fierce between us but such a kind gesture speaks volumes for the people running that club now and i personally would like to thank them for that.

5A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 10:44

TRM

Away at the mo, so difficult to keep up in the limited "screentime" permitted by Mrs TRM! If anybody can be bothered, it would be great if they could "copy and paste" what was in the Ex & Star, or anywhere else. Saw the NLP yesterday, and there wasn't much in there, not surprisingly given deadlines and so on. Would be good if we could get in touch with them and get something in next Sunday, particularly bearing in mind the reaction from other clubs - that's the sort of "good news" angle they like to feature.

6A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 14:17

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Away at the mo, so difficult to keep up in the limited "screentime" permitted by Mrs TRM! If anybody can be bothered, it would be great if they could "copy and paste" what was in the Ex & Star, or anywhere else. Saw the NLP yesterday, and there wasn't much in there, not surprisingly given deadlines and so on. Would be good if we could get in touch with them and get something in next Sunday, particularly bearing in mind the reaction from other clubs - that's the sort of "good news" angle they like to feature.

There was a piece,along with a picture of Ben in yesterday's Express and Dingle and another piece in today's paper giving an update on his operation and thanks from Ben,family and the club for all the good wishes he's received.

Still nothing on our club website though in regards to what we as a club are going to do for Ben.

7A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 14:41

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:Away at the mo, so difficult to keep up in the limited "screentime" permitted by Mrs TRM! If anybody can be bothered, it would be great if they could "copy and paste" what was in the Ex & Star, or anywhere else. Saw the NLP yesterday, and there wasn't much in there, not surprisingly given deadlines and so on. Would be good if we could get in touch with them and get something in next Sunday, particularly bearing in mind the reaction from other clubs - that's the sort of "good news" angle they like to feature.

There was a piece,along with a picture of Ben in yesterday's Express and Dingle and another piece in today's paper giving an update on his operation and thanks from Ben,family and the club for all the good wishes he's received.

Still nothing on our club website though in regards to what we as a club are going to do for Ben.

Amazing how Halesowen have sorted something ALREADY and yet we haven't.

8A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 14:53

PhilC

I'm sure the club will be willing to listen to volunteers offering to arrange this

9A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 15:30

Devil's Advocate

PhilC wrote:I'm sure the club will be willing to listen to volunteers offering to arrange this

It's not as easy as that,you can't just have people collecting money "willy nilly",like TRM said it needs to be done properly to avoid confusion or any "misunderstandings."

All i'm trying to say is that the club should be making a quick announcement on this as to when a match day collection will take place and i'm also hoping they'll set up one of those "just giving" websites in aid of Ben and hopefully an ongoing collection bin in a secure spot at the ground so people can pop a bit in on match days as and when they wish to.

I don't think there will be any lack of us who would offer to help once the club announce how they want it to be done.

10A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 17:34

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

PhilC wrote:I'm sure the club will be willing to listen to volunteers offering to arrange this

Surely the club should sort it rather than relying on volunteers?!

11A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 20:00

Jane.N

I am sure the club will sort something and let us know accordingly.

While it is a great gesture from halesowen it does not take a great deal of organising where as hopefully our efforts will require more substantial planning.

12A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 21:01

dave w

Tricky Tree wrote:

Surely the club should sort it rather than relying on volunteers?!

Maybe we should remember that everyone at the club is a volunteer, and that's not being critical of anyone.

I was about to type what Jane said about Halesowen. It's going to be comparatively easy for them - even one lad with a collecting tin would be seen for the great gesture it is, whereas we've got to get it absolutely right and I would guess that there's a lot more to it than just asking a few of us to rattle buckets at the next game.

13A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 21:35

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Good grief...it's a collection.

14A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 21:59

Baggiestour

The least the club should do is extend bens contract, he got injured whilst playing for us and he now cannot work.lets see the club come out and say so on the website.
I would imagine that they will meet to discuss what they are willing to do, we are all surmising what they will do .all the club need to do is to tell us.
The communication between club and fans is and has been for a while POOR.
If they have already said what they are willing to do , then I take back my comments.

15A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 22:17

Aled

Apologies, logged into the wrong forum, I was looking for the Glassboys forum but appear to have found CV31 Banter by mistake!

16A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 22:22

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Evening Aled. Very Happy

17A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 22:38

Aled

Hello mucker. In a mischievous mood this evening heh heh

18A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Tue Oct 21 2014, 22:45

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

You don't say.

19A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Wed Oct 22 2014, 23:13

YeltzRob

Best wishes to Ben and I hope he makes a speedy recovery. Whilst Halesowen and Stourbridge will always be rivals on the pitch, it's important to remember he's part of the non league football family. Hopefully his income won't be affected too much and him and his family are ok at this time. I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many Yeltzmen and Women in wishing Ben a full recovery and we hope to see him back playing once he has recovered.

20A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Wed Oct 22 2014, 23:16

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Nice one YeltzRob.

21A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Thu Oct 23 2014, 17:04

Jack

Jack
Admin

Buckets at FC United and Halesowen. Good idea.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

22A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Thu Oct 23 2014, 18:41

Devil's Advocate

Great news Jack,two better fixtures could not have been chosen.

I do hope we can have an ongoing collection point for Ben though,as i'm away on Saturday and thus not able to be at the Frickley match, i have given Brian a donation to hand in on my behalf already because i was unsure if there would be a collection at this match,perhaps the club will look into a way that this sort of donation can be handled?

Like i said though,great news and i'm sure this will cheer Ben up.

23A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Thu Oct 23 2014, 18:54

Jack

Jack
Admin

It has been noted that individual donations can be sent to the club.

24A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Thu Oct 23 2014, 19:47

YeltzRob

I'm one of the admins of the Halesowen Town twitter and facebook page. If you have an online option of making a donation I'm more than happy to share it to the Yeltz folk.

25A collection for Ben. Empty Re: A collection for Ben. Fri Oct 24 2014, 10:12

Jack

Jack
Admin

Hi Rob, not sure if that is in place atm. Will have a look and see, many thanks though. Very much appreciated by the club.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum