Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blaby-Saturday

+8
Brian Handy
Southern Stour
Baggiestour
stoursi
Devil's Advocate
Tricky Tree
UlsterJim
Jack
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sun Sep 28 2014, 20:16

Old Codger

Hi SS3
You won't get slated by me cos I think you are spot on.
I was at the Curzon gamel and I thought that we as a crowd were very quiet, despite being 500+
This must have got thought to the team.
So yes.....let's get behind the boys and, as they say these days......."Make some noise" !!!

COYG !

27Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sun Sep 28 2014, 20:39

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

You won't get slated by me either smiler because you are allowed your own opinion even if some oafs don't agree with you.
One thing I will have to pick you up on....the Plymouth game was totally different because at least Plymouth put up a fight.

28Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Mon Sep 29 2014, 13:40

Tricky Tree wrote:One thing I will have to pick you up on....the Plymouth game was totally different because at least Plymouth put up a fight.

Very true they did put up a fight, but we still beat them.  And regardless of how they played they still lost to a team 3 divisions below them, and I was simply pointing out the fact that it can happen to anyone.  Including ourselves.

Would love Baz to tell us on here what the answers to his questions at the AGM where, after all how much longer are we going to have to wait before the club realize we have started going backwards.

It's obvious that you don't get success for nothing, yet some people seem oblivious to that fact.  Either that or they are deliberately choosing to ignore it, in he hope that things turn around and we get better again without having to do anything.

When we let all those players go we should have had replacements signed up to take their place and we didn't, so now we're being punished for it.  After all relying on 1 player to score all the goals is no good, because if he gets injured then we are stuck.  An guess what, he is injured which means the club is now up the creek without a paddle when it comes to scoring goals Rolling Eyes

29Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Mon Sep 29 2014, 13:53

Devil's Advocate

sirsmilerIII wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:One thing I will have to pick you up on....the Plymouth game was totally different because at least Plymouth put up a fight.

Very true they did put up a fight, but we still beat them.  And regardless of how they played they still lost to a team 3 divisions below them, and I was simply pointing out the fact that it can happen to anyone.  Including ourselves.

Would love Baz to tell us on here what the answers to his questions at the AGM where, after all how much longer are we going to have to wait before the club realize we have started going backwards.

It's obvious that you don't get success for nothing, yet some people seem oblivious to that fact.  Either that or they are deliberately choosing to ignore it, in he hope that things turn around and we get better again without having to do anything.

When we let all those players go we should have had replacements signed up to take their place and we didn't, so now we're being punished for it.  After all relying on 1 player to score all the goals is no good, because if he gets injured then we are stuck.  An guess what, he is injured which means the club is now up the creek without a paddle when it comes to scoring goals Rolling Eyes

100% spot on Smiler.

30Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Mon Sep 29 2014, 18:55

Baggiestour

Just seen the goals that Geddes scored at the weekend, what's really sad is that could and should have been for us.

31Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Tue Sep 30 2014, 22:28

Devil's Advocate

A comfortable 4-1 win against an extremely limited side that we really should have been hammering.

All four goals were well crafted but we seemed to coast through the game and we completely switched off for 10 minutes allowing their 10 men to score and get back to 3-1 and to then have a couple of other half chances.

We are lacking a spine to our side,all good teams have one and with no longer having Nathan Bennett,Sean Geddes and with Benbow unfit then we seem lightweight and lacking structure.

It's time to invest in a quality centre half,a quality playmaker and some quality back up for Benbow,until we do we will continue to huff and puff and fall frustratingly short of promotion in my opinion.

We have some very decent players who would excel if played around a strong central 3 or 4 players,this is what is so frustrating to many supporters i chat with.

Once again we are on a good cup run,once again significant prize money is being accrued,i really would like to see Gary force himself to go to the board to ask for the necessary funds to progress rather than this "Arsene Wenger" reluctance to dip into the funds……Gary,after 10 years i think you've earned the right to demand a certain level of spend by the club,stop treating the money as if it were your own Laughing

Tonight Buxton and Skelmersdale have won again,the top spots are once again disappearing fast and if we're lucky we might stay in a scrap for the minor places but with the money in our pot plus this season's cup earnings we really should be punching at a higher weight.

I hope to see your 10 year commitment rewarded with 3 or 4 quality signings in the next couple of weeks!

32Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Wed Oct 01 2014, 09:25

Devil's Advocate wrote:I hope to see your 10 year commitment rewarded with 3 or 4 quality signings in the next couple of weeks!

Why do I get the feeling, you've got more chance of "Knitting Fog" Laughing

33Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Wed Oct 01 2014, 10:24

Old Codger

Thought the team put on a pretty decent show last night all things considered.
Undoubtedly the team is in transition, but which ever way you look at it 4-1 is a pretty good result.
I'm not usually a vindictive person but I hope the Blaby no. 5 gets a long ban......he could have finished Ben's career with that tackle....thug !
Agree all 4 goals were well worked and the fourth was a real cracker.....pace, precision and a great shot.
More of the same please guys ......!!!

On balance a good nights work and hopefully Ben will be ok for the week end.

34Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Wed Oct 01 2014, 16:26

Brian Handy

Man of the Match for the Blaby replay was;

BEN BILLINGHAM 12 votes
Kyle 5
Jordon 4
Drew 3
Matt 2
Kayelden 2
Louis 1
Will 1

The wine was won by ADE CROWLEY.

(there is still 1 vote to collect but it will not affect the winner, the voter was included in the random draw.)

As always thanks to everyone who took part.

35Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Wed Oct 01 2014, 16:56

Devil's Advocate

Brian Handy wrote:Man of the Match for the Blaby replay was;

BEN BILLINGHAM 12 votes
Kyle 5
Jordon 4
Drew  3
Matt  2
Kayelden 2
Louis  1
Will  1

The wine was won by ADE CROWLEY.

(there is still 1 vote to collect but it will not affect the winner, the voter was included in the random draw.)

As always thanks to everyone who took part.

I haven't had a sniff of a win Brian since my first entry over a year ago!

Shake the bits of paper a bit harder on Saturday night please Mad

Laughing Laughing

36Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Wed Oct 01 2014, 17:47

Brian Handy

I haven't had a sniff of a win Brian since my first entry over a year ago!

Laughing Laughing [/quote]

Oh such a quandary, you have won since my friend, but unfortunately to disclose when would unmask your identity.
So I shall remain silent to protect your alter persona as I know you are a shy individual Very Happy Very Happy

37Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Wed Oct 01 2014, 18:10

Devil's Advocate

Brian Handy wrote:I haven't had a sniff of a win Brian since my first entry over a year ago!

Laughing Laughing

Oh such a quandary, you have won since my friend, but unfortunately to disclose when would unmask your identity.
So I shall remain silent to protect your alter persona as I know you are a shy individual Very Happy Very Happy [/quote]

If you could reply again in a language i understand Brian i'll try to agree with you? Laughing Laughing

38Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Wed Oct 01 2014, 20:00

oldhillglassboy

Relief was the overriding feeling at the end of last night, though I always felt at home we would have a a safe passage. Not always a convincing performance but all 4 goals scored where crackers, the spell around their goal was disapointing, if it had gone to 3-2 it might have been a bit hairy. The sending off was a typical step 6 tackle (seen a few like that down the Lye) and red card was the only option. The next round will be very tough I think, the league is step 5 but the standard is higher than that with most clubs traditionally not wanting promotion.

With regards to the "meet the directors" evening on Thursday, that's worth a visit I would say. I found them very informative at the recent AGM.

39Blaby-Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Wed Oct 01 2014, 20:11

Brian Handy

[quote="Devil's Advocate] If you could reply again in a language i understand Brian i'll try to agree with you? Laughing Laughing [/quote]

yo won it twice mate, but ar doe wan to say when cuss folks will no oo yo am. tarrabit.Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum